Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Samara1991
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2012, 10:53 am

In my opinion people are over medicated and they look for medication for every issue they may feel they have. Because of this I wrote a lovely song...and some of it has to do with my experience with medication as well. If it bothers anyone then it can be deleted and if i posted this in the wrong section can someone move it?? Thanks.

Anyway here it is....

Medicate me

Medication medication
I need a vacation

What is wrong with people?
They can't think for themselves.
The only thing that keeps them alive is
the perscriptions on their shelves.
To make matters worse they drug their kids
to make them zombies to make sure their problems hid.

Medication medication
I need a vacation

Your childs to hyper?
We can fix that with a pill!
Your childs to loony?
We'll fix their brain with a drill!
Antidepressents may cause suicide
Antipsycotics make you fat
Antianxiety pills make you hallucinate
How much fun is that?

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 11:02 am

true.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Well I'd change it to Anti-depressants make you psychotic and well all anti-anxiety meds seem to cause sedation more than hallucinations. But I agree people are quite over-medicated and half of these people honestly think they don't use drugs.........lol what do they think the meds are.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

It's a good start! What kind of music would you put it to?

I'd like to see this kind of stuff get made for the benefit of aspie culture. Perhaps there are some musical savants that make it into a techno/pop/dance type song?

Samara1991
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2012, 2:35 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I'd change it to Anti-depressants make you psychotic and well all anti-anxiety meds seem to cause sedation more than hallucinations. But I agree people are quite over-medicated and half of these people honestly think they don't use drugs.........lol what do they think the meds are.

I just wrote my experiences :\

webcam wrote:

I'm not sure....I'm really into punk rock right now but i just randomly wrote lyrics lol

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm

Samara1991 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I just wrote my experiences :\

webcam wrote:

I'm not sure....I'm really into punk rock right now but i just randomly wrote lyrics lol

fair enough, based on my experiences though I'd make those adjustments before I agreed totally with it.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Feb 2012, 11:19 pm

I agree in that people are over medicated. When I was growing up you simply stuck your butt in the door of a doctor's office and they jabbed it with a penicillin injection no matter what you went in for. I get sick of medicine for this and that. No wonder we get sick so often, doctor's don't allow our bodies to fight illnesses on our own. So...I only go to a doctor if absolutely necessary.

As for medications related to autism---keep them away from me. I am happy with myself. I do have anxiety issues---but please---no medication for that.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 11:07 pm

people become dependent on drugs over time and get too tolerant so they need more and more. I hope we see more parents use standard social psychology...I would put that to an acoustic song.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 8:06 am

While I totally agree that neuropsych medications are over-prescribed and prescribed too quickly now, that doesn't diminish the fact that they DO help many of us who actually do suffer daily without biochemical management of symptoms. Anafranil has changed my life. It is the only reason I am able to hold down a job. Enough said. And I suffered without medication of any kind until I was almost 16. Nowadays, I probably would have been medicated as a preschooler, which, in my case, would have actually been necessary. However, pumping every kid with medication isn't the answer. Except in the instance of actual psychotic symptoms in childhood/early adolescence, which isn't common to begin with, doctors should try to figure out children's symptoms better to see if they really do have a DSM disorder or if it's just some phase. This is what I had to do since nobody knew about AS or childhod OCD when I was a kid, and although I lost my childhood and many years afterwards to the demons of my mind, when all things are considered, I do think I'm better for it. I do shudder to think about what unnecessary medications I would have been put on if I were a kid nowadays, and how early I would have been put on them.

Nash: Is there a difference?

Nurylon
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2012, 6:17 am

Hi, Mary! I recognize your poem from Brian's Facebook group! What a coincidence.