Page 8 of 12 [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2013, 9:58 pm

Man_in_the_Armor wrote:
MrKnowItAll wrote:
Earthlings
Mere Earthlings
Pathetic Earthlings
Herd People
Abnerds
Logic Atrophy Disorder Sufferers (if male)
Logic Atrophy Syndrome Sufferers (if female)

I like Normies, Kens and Barbies too.

Lol, suddenly I like the idea of being an alien.

Now I feel like providing a few names of my own. (WARNING: Dog-latin/Butchered-latin ahead!)

Other names for neurotypicals (note, designed to sound cool):

Neuroaverant - A person of average socio-neural configuration, based on the most commonly encountered neural configuration. These neural configurations differ little from peers.

Neurocommonant

Neurostandrant

Neuromajorant

Neurodominant

Neuro-(insert synonym)

-----------------------

I'd also like to give names to all other derivatives. Definitions also provided.

Neuroderivatant/Neurodervivative (replacement for Aspie, Autic, or Burger) - A person of differing socio-neural configuration in relation to the current major neural configuration. These neural configurations differ visibly from that of the most commonly encountered neural configuration.

Neuropreviant - A person with a previously common socio-neural configuration from an age gone by. This implies that the neural configuration no long rivals the current average in occurence.

Neuronemesant - A person with a differing socio-neural configuration of such occurence that rivals the currently established average neural configuration.

Neuronegatant - A person missing essential components within their brain.

Neuronihilitant - A person without a brain, perhaps no neurological system to speak of.

Neuroxenolant - A person with a strongly differing, or alien, socio-neural configuration. This is assuming that the person's brain is communicating properly with the body (living, breathing, eating).

Neurocybrant - A person with technological enhancements, usually internal, to their brain.

Neuroprosthant - A person with a prosthetic brain. This assumes the person became a Neuronihiltant at some point.

Neurocthulhulant - A person with the brain of Cthulhu.

Pardon. Tis a rough draft I'd like to build upon one day. Having too much fun with this. >_<

Indeed cool. I like the way you think. There could also be some for people on the spectrum like:

Neuro-hyperlexic

Neuro-pragmatic

Neuro-verbal

Neuro-non-verbal

Neuro-sensory-hypersensitive

Neuro-sensory-hyposensitive

Neuro-hypo-active

Neuro-hyper-active

And hundreds, perhaps thousands or more.

And of course all these neurological descriptions could apply to people that are not diagnosed on the spectrum, too.

The beauty of the diversity and adversity of humans as a whole.

It results in every man-made construct, material or abstract, we perceive.

And we are all alien in someways, as no two people exist in the same awareness of what is. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

getrealguy
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2013, 5:40 pm

No, I like the word 'neurotypical' because it doesn't have normative aspect to it. This is exactly why I dislike the word 'normal'.
Neurotypical just describes something. Nothing wrong with it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 5:16 pm

I still like neurotype

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

How about "The Dark Side"?

Melle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2016, 7:37 am

Boring or Monotonous would do just fine ;-)

clay5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm

Melle wrote:
Boring or Monotonous would do just fine ;-)

Neuroboring ;)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 1:54 am

aghogday wrote:
And we are all alien in someways, as no two people exist in the same awareness of what is. :)

But the irony is we are all nueroconformists...

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2016, 6:04 am

The ideal word to replace neurotypical would be pack animal or pack hunters for those who follow an "alpha" and "alpha" for those who have followers.

These names describe the neurotypicals for what they are. The neurotypicals are social pack animals and alphas who require social interaction.

nopantspolicy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jul 2016, 6:01 pm

I hate neurotypical because it's so often used on this forum to describe "Not autistic" as if no other mental disorders exist :roll: Allistic is superior in every way, as a term.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 1:01 pm

v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:
The ideal word to replace neurotypical would be pack animal or pack hunters for those who follow an "alpha" and "alpha" for those who have followers.

These names describe the neurotypicals for what they are. The neurotypicals are social pack animals and alphas who require social interaction.

Confusing.

If you say "pack animal" when you're thinking "wolves", the listener who hears "pack animal" may imagine "burro", "donkey", or "mule". LOL! Not the same kind of "pack animal".

Last edited by naturalplastic on 15 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 1:06 pm

nopantspolicy wrote:
I hate neurotypical because it's so often used on this forum to describe "Not autistic" as if no other mental disorders exist :roll: Allistic is superior in every way, as a term.

What "ways" are there?

In which of those ways is "allistic" a better term?

clay5

15 Jul 2016, 2:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
nopantspolicy wrote:

What "ways" are there?

In which of those ways is "allistic" a better term?

What is the meaning of allistic? I know it describes someone who's not autistic, but where does the word come from?

The word "NT" was first used by autistics but then people with other mental disorders started using it too. I think we can continue using it though to describe non-autistic people as I'm sure its original purpose was. And everybody on this forum knows what's meant anyway. (:

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 12:36 am

unlabelled

Love transcends all.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2016, 3:56 pm

I use the words nautism and nautistic

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 11:15 am

I would suggest the word doxist. Since one of the key noticeable features of their mental condition is their mental tendency toward conformity.

Bookmaker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2016, 4:44 am

Muggles