Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 6:03 am

I'm reading the pessimists guide to history, earthquakes tidal waves firs ships sinking asteroids cyclones 100,000 dead 3 million dead pol pot tornadoes volcanoes

history shows massive loss of life, this is but a blip, but regarding these threads the relativity for this community is direct
and that is why we are all talking about it

I understand how you want everyone to share your sense of relativity
But one of our own has done a terrible thing, so
please not now please

If you want to talk Palestine or drug injury/death
that is another time and place

The only political accompanyment to this tragedy should be the issue of autistic bullycide
and whether parenting or medication or video games or guns affected Lanza
which is the other side of this terrible coin

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 11:14 am

ouinon wrote:
Do you really genuinely believe that your threads are about/expressing kindness or even empathy? They look more like calculated and insecurity/fear-driven "performances/appearances" of sympathy to me. :(

All I can say is that those are assumptions you're making. :shrug: They are not fear driven, politically driven, or self serving. If there were a way I could have done it without my username attached to it, I would have. I could have used a sock puppet account, but if I did, and that came out, somebody would have assumed something was wrong with doing that too.

It was a nice thing to do so I did it. It's as simple as that.

Sorry if I can't please, placate and include everyone. I'm just one human being doing as much as I can. Every time anybody does something like this, somebody calls their motivation into question. Nothing new about that, but it does get a little annoying because it is reactions like that that can cause others not to want to do anything at all.

I won't let it stop me. :wink:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 11:18 am

By the way, you may have missed that in other ways I have also been expressing the feeling that some of us may actually be at least in part to blame for the hysteria over Lanza possibly having Asperger Syndrome.

I don't really care whether he did or not. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

Seems the M.E. investigating the case feels the same, and that's a very good thing.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 1:53 pm

MrXxx wrote:
By the way, you may have missed that in other ways I have also been expressing the feeling that some of us may actually be at least in part to blame for the hysteria over Lanza possibly having Asperger Syndrome.

I don't really care whether he did or not. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

Seems the M.E. investigating the case feels the same, and that's a very good thing.

all our media in NZ never mentions asd's all they talk about is gun law, as far as preventative measures go
no on in NZ is putting forward asd's as reasons or contributing factors, its never mentioned except for the first day