[UK] Autistic three-year-old girl's paintings sell for £800

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 6:11 am

Iris Grace was encouraged by her parents to start painting as a form of medical treatment

Iris Grace's works became instantly popular when her mother posted them on Facebook

"A three-year-old autistic girl has made a splash in the art world with her extraordinary paintings.

Iris Grace Halmshaw began doing art as therapy, but when her parents decided to put the works on sale they began fetching prices of up to £830.

And painting has also helped improve the youngster's condition - she is now eager to play with her parents and has adopted a much happier demeanour":
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-ago.html

http://www.autscape.org/

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 7:10 am

What are they supposed to represent? Some sort of bleak landscape?

Laddo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 10:39 am

As usual, some of the comments on the Daily Mail website made me despair for future the human race.

Anyway, the girl clearly has a lot of talent. And I think it's amazing that painting has helped her come out of her shell a little. I really hope therapies like this become more common in the management of autism

I am no longer using this account or this website. Do not bother contacting me because any messages will be ignored. The fact that you can't delete your profile while all your information is retained is also disgraceful.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2013, 8:19 pm

I like the texture...

Jojopa
Raven
Raven

16 Jun 2013, 12:08 am

Aw, cute kid. The paintings aren't bad either, maybe not worth £800 but their colours are pleasing to the eye, certainly a step above some of the crap I've seen displayed in the Tate Modern.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2013, 12:24 am

Jojopa wrote:
Aw, cute kid. The paintings aren't bad either, maybe not worth £800 but their colours are pleasing to the eye, certainly a step above some of the crap I've seen displayed in the Tate Modern.

There's also the fact that this is being done by a child of three.

Laddo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 5:00 am

Cilantro wrote:
There's also the fact that this is being done by a child of three.

^^This. She clearly has some understanding of which colours go together, something that most three year olds don't get. If I had the money I would happily buy one of her paintings

I am no longer using this account or this website. Do not bother contacting me because any messages will be ignored. The fact that you can't delete your profile while all your information is retained is also disgraceful.

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 1:38 pm

The truth is if this was another NT 3 year old, no one would pay anything for these painting. They are buying them as a novelty item, or out of pity for her.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2013, 1:43 pm

I like her choice of colors. Clearly, this girl is very talented.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2013, 4:37 pm

DVCal wrote:
The truth is if this was another NT 3 year old, no one would pay anything for these painting. They are buying them as a novelty item, or out of pity for her.

I see you have the art world figured out.