Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MikaelL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

And im not even kidding.

In swedens largest morning paper you can read about an aspie girl getting raped. She said no, tried to escape, tried to push the perpetrator away, but failed.

"Mentally ill, mentally ret*d, suffering from dementia or other with "difficult to interpret expressions" may simply resign themselves to be raped because lawyers do not think they say no the right way."

The article, googletranslated to english:
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... s-sallskap

Please tell JO (Parliamentary Ombudsman) at [email protected] or [email protected], the papers, an embassy, whatever you can think of.

There is something seriously wrong with this and i want to put light on the matter!

Court papers (in swedish) http://www.scribd.com/doc/86884717/HRdomen

psychegots
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2012, 4:24 pm

Excuse me but WTF!

Please keep this thread updated on any news on this, as I do not read Swedish newspapers and this has not made Norwegian news (but it should).

questor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

The nordic countries have a very bad record of treatment of people who are different, and not just with mental and learning disorders. They also mistreat people of different racial and ethnic backgrounds, and people who try to home school their kids. I've been reading stories of such things about the nordic countries for years, but this legal abuse of non typical citizens goes way back in that region. :evil:

MikaelL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

It might be theres a reason Lisbeth Salander is swedish.

MikaelL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2012, 4:39 pm

psychegots wrote:
Excuse me but WTF!

Please keep this thread updated on any news on this, as I do not read Swedish newspapers and this has not made Norwegian news (but it should).

Care to give the norwegian papers a hint?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

Im confused, it seems as though he was charged...not that I think 2 years in prison much of a charge for something so horrible. But nothing seems to indicate that it's 'legal' for mentally disabled females to be raped in Sweden. I mean even here in the U.S cases like this sometimes go this way.......but its not legal for anyone to be raped. thing is someone could rape someone and get a lawyer and lie...the people judging can be too incompetent to understand how unlikely it is that an autistic female who hates being touched would have initiated any kissing or sex.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:42 pm

questor wrote:
The nordic countries have a very bad record of treatment of people who are different, and not just with mental and learning disorders. They also mistreat people of different racial and ethnic backgrounds, and people who try to home school their kids. I've been reading stories of such things about the nordic countries for years, but this legal abuse of non typical citizens goes way back in that region. :evil:

This kind of thing goes on in most other countries too, just pointing it out...not sure why I care I mean I am not from a nordic country, I guess I just don't see what this is supposed to prove other then f**** up things happen everywhere.

MikaelL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2012, 4:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Im confused, it seems as though he was charged...not that I think 2 years in prison much of a charge for something so horrible. But nothing seems to indicate that it's 'legal' for mentally disabled females to be raped in Sweden. I mean even here in the U.S cases like this sometimes go this way.......but its not legal for anyone to be raped. thing is someone could rape someone and get a lawyer and lie...the people judging can be too incompetent to understand how unlikely it is that an autistic female who hates being touched would have initiated any kissing or sex.

In the first step he got 2 years, in the next he got nothing. And the final court (sorry, dont know the words for these juridical steps in english) will not take the case. No punishment.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:47 pm

MikaelL wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

In the first step he got 2 years, in the next he got nothing. And the final court (sorry, dont know the words for these juridical steps in english) will not take the case. No punishment.

Yeah pretty screwed up, but yeah I think the article didn't translate quite right so it was a bit hard to understand.

MikaelL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 5:15 pm

this is screwed up,

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Huggorm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

You'r right of course, it isn't really legal to do such a thing. The court is just ignorant of how asperger works out, but even that is frightening. Also this girl's lawyer must be pretty incompetent.

Pemer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Mar 2012, 5:32 pm

And maybe worst of all, that neither the attorney or the defence of the girl BOTHERED to appeal to the supreme court.

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

Wow. Although it isn't technically "legal" to rape Asperger women, the Court of Appeal has set a legal precedent with their ruling and the highest court confirmed it by refusing to hear the case. This is terrible.

Pemer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm

Even worse that it wasn't even taken there, they didn't have to refuse it.

And just by chance, it didn´t hit any big media until two days after it should have been taken to appeal to the Supreme Court. :roll:

Apparently, the parents and professionals dominated "Autism and Asperger's Association" are in talks with the attorney and/or the girl's lawyer now, but I can't see how they should be able to raise the matter now that it's technically too late. Cross your fingers, that it could work!!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 6:08 pm

MikaelL wrote:
It might be theres a reason Lisbeth Salander is swedish.

That's what I was thinking.