Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JustinDonne
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2019, 7:34 am

I just found out about this site, via a friend who shared a video, that included mention of it.

In the UK we seem to have resources for Autistic people, like the National Autistic Society.

I serve as an advisor for Project Aspie in Birmingham, and as a Trustee of Autistic Nottingham. I also serve on Nottingham City Council’s Autism Strategy Groupe where I helped design our city’s 2018-2020 Autism Strategy, and presented it to our Health & Well-being Board, the government board that overseas it, with resounding success and approval.

I would love to share and consult around these topics. One of the biggest advancements in the strategy is I identified the 5 key themes and then visually / symbolically represented them in a prioritised hierarchy. I believe that is universal, and draws together researched areas from the USA (where I grew up), so it would apply everywhere and anywhere.

Please get in contact with me if you’d like to discuss it. I feel it could be helpful for advocacy, policy, government, etc.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm

I have found The Autistic Society no help at all. There was not even anywhere on the website for me to go into. This

was particularly disappointing because I'm in Lincolnshire. If I hadn't found WP I don't think I would have made it

this far.