Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 8:01 am

The 61-year-old actor on the Blues Brothers workout, always being tired and why he doesn't fear death:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... hosts.html

http://www.autscape.org/

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 8:15 am

I've always loved that guy. Knowing he's an Aspie, and a foodie? :heart:

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 10:14 am

Well, when you're that rich, I guess you can be forgiven being a food snob.

Yes, food snob. Mac and cheese with truffle oil?? Really, Dan?? I'm a foodie-- seriously contemplating growing a set of balls and asking Hubby to buy me a Country Living grain mill for Christmas, or maybe our anniversary-- but truffle oil on mac and cheese?? Eh-- it's all right. You've got more money that a small African country would know what to do with.

Takes all kinds of kinds.

In other thoughts...

It's nice to see some positive publicity for a change. We're not all Dan Ackroyd any more than we're all Adam Lanza (personally, I'm somewhere between Gallagher and Roseanne Barr, with some John Steinbeck thrown in, only not famous), but it's nice to see some positive press.

I note it's in a British media outlet...

...and it doesn't change s**t one iota.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 10:26 pm

"I was diagnosed with Tourette’s at 12. I had physical tics, nervousness and made grunting noises and it affected how outgoing I was. I had therapy which really worked and by 14 my symptoms eased. I also have Asperger’s but I can manage it. It wasn’t diagnosed until the early Eighties when my wife persuaded me to see a doctor. One of my symptoms included my obsession with ghosts and law enforcement — I carry around a police badge with me, for example. I became obsessed by Hans Holzer, the greatest ghost hunter ever. That’s when the idea of my film Ghostbusters was born."

He has talked about it before but it was questioned because was reported or he said he was diagnosed as a kid which would have been impossible. In the early '80s this would have been a very cutting edge diagnosis to put it mildly as Lorna Wing had just defined the term in 1981. Ackroyd at the time was a very huge celebratory and rich so I guess it is not totally out of the question.

Funny guy no matter what.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 12:25 am

I was thinking about him when I was reading the article on Susan Boyle the other day. Dan's a very cool man. 8)

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 11:33 pm

[quote="BuyerBeware"]Well, when you're that rich, I guess you can be forgiven being a food snob.

Yes, food snob. Mac and cheese with truffle oil?? Really, Dan?? I'm a foodie-- seriously contemplating growing a set of balls and asking Hubby to buy me a Country Living grain mill for Christmas, or maybe our anniversary-- but truffle oil on mac and cheese?? Eh-- it's all right. You've got more money that a small African country would know what to do with.

Takes all kinds of kinds.

In other thoughts...

It's nice to see some positive publicity for a change. We're not all Dan Ackroyd any more than we're all Adam Lanza (personally, I'm somewhere between Gallagher and Roseanne Barr, with some John Steinbeck thrown in, only not famous), but it's nice to see some positive press.

I note it's in a British media outlet..

truffle oil [which generally is combined with extra virgin olive oil] is not that expensive and gives an especially earthy flavor to mac and cheese