Page 1 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 11:59 pm

Let's suppose there was a country designated for Aspies - only Aspies could live in it, as citizens, and no-one else. It would be governed by Aspies, for Aspies. The basic services, education, health, trade could only be run by citizens. Like citizens of any country, you would be free to travel overseas, and return. People from other countries could visit on a visa though citizenship would be restricted to Aspies only. Two questions: what would it be like? And would you migrate there? I think the government would take really interesting forms, with ministries set up to enhance and encourage aspie giftedness - eg a ministry for engineering innovation.

VioletShadows
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2014, 6:13 am

That's something really weird to think about. But what if an Aspie family had a non-Aspie son/daughter? What would happen then?

themanfromuranus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Mar 2014, 6:31 am

B19 wrote:
Let's suppose there was a country designated for Aspies - only Aspies could live in it, as citizens, and no-one else. It would be governed by Aspies, for Aspies. The basic services, education, health, trade could only be run by citizens. Like citizens of any country, you would be free to travel overseas, and return. People from other countries could visit on a visa though citizenship would be restricted to Aspies only. Two questions: what would it be like? And would you migrate there? I think the government would take really interesting forms, with ministries set up to enhance and encourage aspie giftedness - eg a ministry for engineering innovation.
an aspergian indepanded state, sound like a pretty amazing goal for our future,you have some pretty interesting ideas and i like to add mine:

1.acces to curebies like autism speaks supporters is restricted

2.there will be a council instead of a "normal" govermant.
which will represant every county and group in the aspergian state

3.the country will be queit and peaceful so people with sensory issues can enjoy it

4. NT spouses will be allowed to live there, citizens or not

5.gay marriages will be legal

6. we will have a large deffensive armed force

does anybody have any idea for a name ?

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 9:08 am

themanfromuranus wrote:
B19 wrote:
an aspergian indepanded state, sound like a pretty amazing goal for our future,you have some pretty interesting ideas and i like to add mine:

3.the country will be queit and peaceful so people with sensory issues can enjoy it

How about hmm. The united spectrum society ?

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 10:03 am

I think that the idea of an independent homeland for the Aspergian people is an relatively new idea that has it's origins of the application of the ideas of Marcus Garvey applied to Asperger syndrome. So the idea of the Aspergian people should prepare for nationhood in order to prevent aspiphobia in the same way the nation of Israel was set up to prevent state sponsored anti Semitism that happened during the second world war from happening again. So by this logic the setting up of a country for Aspergians to prevent aspiphobia. Also it would also mean that the Aspergian people would have to learn the history of the Aspergian people On the setting up of the Republic of Aspergia the Neo nazi organisation autism speaks would be banned like the old board ideas are banned in Germany and other countries that were occupied by the Nazis during the second world war.

This means that the concept of neuroprivilege would change so AS people would in Aspergia be defined as normal and allistic people would be seen as having a developmental disability. Alot of these ideas are part of self advocacy philosophy and found in the philosophhy of Marcus Garvey and in the lyrics of roots reggae music such as Bob Marley, Jacob Miller, Gregory Isaacs etc. This would make the allistic supremacist society that we have to livein under sufferance would be Babylon since it was Babylon that was responsible for the Great Tribulation of state sponsored neurobigotry and aspiphobia until quite recently. :idea:

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 10:25 am

So long as it was open to autistics and their NT families, i would definitely be there. I would not want a strong miitary nearly as much as the most incredible healthcare, technology and education in the world[ this would not take long]

I can see more handcrafted items, a return to mom and pop shops, probably smaller, beautiful yet simple off the grid homes.

Childbirth totally excites me. Everyone has their different ways in which they would like to give birth to their child. I believe that this one will be the most common one. The birthing room would be quiet, cozy, and comfortable. Also dark and extremely warm [sorry,mommies,] special glasses would be worn so that people present could see but that the room reminds dark.

Some women would still have c-sections. Mostly to prevent birth trauma. Once again, special equipment would be used to ensure that the baby is not assaulted by lights or crazy beeping sounds,etc. Even after baby went home ,much of that dark quiet environent would continue for a number of weeks before baby is fully introduced to a quieter world that respects autistic space. Also, older women, relatives,neighbors, etc would be on hand, not with intrusive oohs and aahs and passing the baby around. They would be there to make life easier for the mom. Cleaning,cooking, babying MOM while she babies her baby, anything to ensure that baby is being taken care of by a relaxed and confident mom.

Every parent has their own style, but I imagine there would be much more sleeping with baby, especially by mom, who has the sounds and smells baby is used to.

Babies, when they were dressed, would be wearing comfortable clothes rather than scratchy crap that is 'oh so cute," And,of course,no tags.
Babies walls would be in warm colors, and the floors throughout the home would be hardwood, or anything but carpet.

Okay, the most common forms of childbirth, way different. I think everything would be.

Education? Wow! I start shaking just thinking about it. And I cannot stop smiling as I think of al the happy,flappy stims.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

Leaf blowers would be illegal imports and totally banned. Anyone using them would receive 10 years hard labour.

themanfromuranus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Mar 2014, 2:50 pm

:D

jenisautistic wrote:
themanfromuranus wrote:
B19 wrote:

How about hmm. The united spectrum society ?
thats a good name

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 3:32 pm

People could be given a set of colored badges that would signal wheather they were comfortable talking to strangers, just family, or didn't want to converse at all. Some days I don't want to talk to anybody. The next day I might, so I would switch the badge color.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:44 pm

1. Where would it be? (Somewhere already uninhabited, preferably)
2. What style government (I propose a Semi-Presidential Republic [like France] with a ceremonial monarchy [like Norway] . Also a strong meritocracy [let politicians handle the politics, let the doctors control the medical field, let professors control education, etc. And an economy like the Nordic Countries. )
3. Surely not only Autists? What of the NT children of Autists? Banishment?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 9:32 pm

This is, like, the 10 millionth Aspergia post.

The problem with this concept is that there are a LOT of jobs necessary to run a country that Aspies/Autistic Spectrum individuals are not suited to or often willing to do (anything factory related, wast management, most food service and the like)... Without these jobs, a country will not succeed

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 10:59 pm

I am half afraid to say this here, having been admonished for saying something similar before, but what would be the criteria for living in this country? Who verifies the diagnosis? Would it be in any way advantageous for someone to pose as an Aspie to live in this country? What would make living in a country full of Aspies so special? I mean, there are a lot of admittedly self diagnosed Aspies. or should I phrase that as "undiagnosed Aspies." It seems there would have to be some clarification, or what would be the point?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 11:35 pm

khaoz wrote:
I am half afraid to say this here, having been admonished for saying something similar before, but what would be the criteria for living in this country? Who verifies the diagnosis? Would it be in any way advantageous for someone to pose as an Aspie to live in this country? What would make living in a country full of Aspies so special? I mean, there are a lot of admittedly self diagnosed Aspies. or should I phrase that as "undiagnosed Aspies." It seems there would have to be some clarification, or what would be the point?

At this point, there is no SURE FIRE way to diagnose... but with the way High Definition Fiber Tracking is going, it will be possible to see, directly, the abnormal nerve fiber structures that are responsible for Autistic Spectrum Disorders. (I discuss that Here). With this technology (provided the HDFT continues to bear everything out), it is impossible to fake a diagnosis.

However, considering all of the friction that happens here, I do not thing that there is any advantage to Aspies living in a colony of country.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 1:52 am

With Black and White thinking dominant "50 Shades of Grey" would never be a best selling book. The song "Blurred Lines" would never be be in the top 100 best selling singles never mind the best selling single for 11 weeks.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 3:31 am

B19 wrote:
Let's suppose there was a country designated for Aspies - only Aspies could live in it, as citizens, and no-one else. .

Only Aspies? no one else??

themanfromuranus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Mar 2014, 3:56 am

cyberdad wrote:
B19 wrote:
Let's suppose there was a country designated for Aspies - only Aspies could live in it, as citizens, and no-one else. .

Only Aspies? no one else??
and NT spouses and children.