Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Heyman15678
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Feb 2015, 11:10 pm

What do you vote for? Are you a moderate Republican? I'm Aspergeristic and have voted mostly for moderate republicans and like minded people. Cannot trust Democrats 100%.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2015, 11:16 pm

I vote mostly Democratic and consider myself liberal (US definition), but I have voted for a couple Republicans for down-ballot state offices.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 7:04 am

I vote Libertarian or Green. Sometimes, I even write in my own name.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 2:45 pm

100%!

Do you believe the same simplistic thing about republicans, that they are 100% trustworthy? Black and white thinking? Bigotry?

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 10:20 pm

Vote? Your vote has 0.00000013% decision making power at best.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Mpregangel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2015, 1:10 pm

I don't agree with either party so I don't vote. It's lose-lose.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 3:40 pm

I am a republican but the party is full of RINO's that are too liberal for my taste. With Obama in office anything conservative that is passed is vetoed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 3:45 pm

Every time I go to the polls, I declare "No Political Affiliation". Having taken part in the effort to open the Primaries to all voters in California, I feel some pride in the success of that effort, and a little schadenfreude when I think about the subsequence loss of influence experienced by the Democrats and Republicans.

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 4:01 pm

I am a proud, "unaffiliated" voter, and vote for the candidates who express the best support for constitutional governance, even if they are supporters of the Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party (Blackadder reference). As a former supporter and all-around leader of the Democratic Party, I witnessed firsthand how many of its leaders and their supporters broke laws, bent rules and generally cheated. I suspect greatly, though haven't witnessed, that the same is true with the Republican Party, and its leaders and supporters. I refuse to vote for the better of two evils; doing so only guarantees continued evil. I vote "no" on all judicial-retention elections because they never have opponents (that is technically a plebiscite not an election). I vote "no" on referendums and initiatives if they would cost tax dollars. I support a devolution of centralized governmental authority. In today's jargon, I would be called a libertarian, but I prefer calling myself a Jeffersonian constitutionalist.

As a former county-elections staffer, I learned how to vote legally in certain ways that confuse and unhinge the political parties and their candidates.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

CreativeUsername
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

Isn't this topic a bit exclusive for everyone not American? o.o

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 7:04 pm

CreativeUsername wrote:

I don't believe so. I would be interested in the political parties of Belgium from a voter's personal opinion.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm

CreativeUsername wrote:
Not at all.

It's just that you've come late to the party.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm

No. It's an American website, goes with the territory; and political issues in the USA affect the world in very profound ways - for better and worse.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 9:51 pm

I have never voted for a republican.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 11:16 pm

Mpregangel wrote:
I don't agree with either party so I don't vote. It's lose-lose.

Then vote third-party or write someone in. If nobody get's a majority, that's a spanking that makes them change policy to regain the voters who supported the third-party candidate.

CreativeUsername
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Feb 2015, 1:19 am

AspieUtah wrote:
CreativeUsername wrote:

I don't believe so. I would be interested in the political parties of Belgium from a voter's personal opinion.

I don't vote yet but I follow our politics really close. Next elections I will have to vote (it's obligated in here) and I'll probably vote for the pirate party as they are completely independent as in they don't need to protect the rich.