Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Tuvok2409
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2015, 1:40 pm

Dear Wrong Planet Users,
My name is Dylan and I am currently working on a book about Autism/Asperger’s and was wondering if any users of this site would be willing to write testimonials for the book. It can be about anything pertaining to the following subjects, your life, your views on Autism Speaks, the idea of an autism cure or autistic representations in the media. If published all names will be kept anonymous. To contact me with the information just post it on the boards or send it in an email to [email protected]

gravityfalls222
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jul 2015, 7:24 pm

Hey! I'm also writing a book!
Are you autistic?I do think it's a great idea to have our voices in your book, because our opinions don't really show up in books/media very often.
I do not like autism speaks very much at all, and this is because of their hateful speech, the way they distribute their money, and their lack of employees that are autistic.
I personally do not want to be cured, although I could be considered to be on the more "severe" side of the spectrum.
I am happy to answer any specific questions you might have on the subject.

Best wishes,

-Cat

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm

I'm writing a book too.

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2015, 7:39 am

hi.. i want to write a book too, actually i want an autobiography which focus on my A.S but i cant seem to start it.in the meantime im glad to provide testimonials or answer any questions... :lol:

AppleChips
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Aug 2015, 2:57 am

How hard is it to get a book published?

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 12:10 pm

AppleChips wrote:
How hard is it to get a book published?

There are plenty of cheap self-publishing outlets online, if you're fine with those. Traditional publishing is much more difficult.

Tszayrav937
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Sep 2015, 3:19 pm

Well, well, look at this!

It seems that many autistics are writing books. I almost got my own book finished until I read the Intense World Theory which pretty much sums up all that I was going to say in my book anyway. The funny thing is that everyone was really excited and told me there were not many books written by autistics on autism. However, we both know that the unfortunate truth is that not many people read them...Well anyway, the more, the better!

Good luck! And if you want any help with the book, just PM me.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2015, 1:12 am

I'm writing a fiction book, so far I got like two sentences. :P

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html