Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

adidasfate
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Aug 2016, 5:33 pm

Hello,

I am a young adult with an autism spectrum disorder living on my own in California. I have been having difficulty with the service agency where I receive services from to treat my condition for the past year. Recently my services were illegally taken away without proper notification and due process, and I feel that my condition is getting worse because I am constantly being denied my services in a punitive and retaliatory manner. I have a multitude of documents that suggest the appearance of abuse, discrimination, punitively withheld services, HIPAA violations, retaliation, and other improprieties such as, but not limited to, invoking my civil rights and being subsequently terminated.

I am having great difficulty processing the overwhelming volume of my case, and I'm asking for help. I want to get my life back on track and pursue a meaningful and productive life. I have precious little stability with regards to my housing and have moved somewhere close to 10 or more times in the past 12 months. I am unable to get this agency to stop pursuing me and retaliating against me and I need outside help, I am looking for information where to turn to get some independent advocacy or legal assistance in protecting my civil rights as a developmentally disabled person living with autism. I have exhausted all local options. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I do not know what agency to trust due to my disability, I get taken advantage of and misled a lot.

Last edited by adidasfate on 01 Aug 2016, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 5:45 pm

adidasfate wrote:
Hello,

I am a young adult with an autism spectrum disorder living on my own in California. I have been having difficulty with the service agency where I receive services from to treat my condition for the past year. Recently my services were illegally taken away without proper notification and due process, and I feel that my condition is getting worse because I am constantly being denied my services in a punitive and retaliatory manner. I have a multitude of documents that suggest the appearance of abuse, punitively withheld services, HIPAA violations, retaliation, and other improprieties such as, but not limited to, invoking my civil rights and being subsequently terminated.

I am having great difficulty processing the overwhelming volume of my case, and I'm asking for help. I want to get my life back on track and pursue a meaningful and productive life. I have precious little stability with regards to my housing and have moved somewhere close to 10 or more times in the past 12 months. I am unable to get this agency to stop pursuing me and retaliating against me and I need outside help, I am looking for information where to turn to get some independent advocacy or legal assistance in protecting my civil rights as a developmentally disabled person living with autism. I have exhausted all local options. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I do not know what agency to trust due to my disability, I get taken advantage of and misled a lot.

What part of California are you in? You can PM me if you don't wish to share your location publicly.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 12:14 am

Legal aid lawyer, Disability lawyer

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman