Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 11:25 pm

Jenny McCarthy and a Anti Vaxx District Attorney are scheduled to speak
LaHood to speak at autism conference in Dallas

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 23 Sep 2016, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 1:13 am

I assume it's this "education" conference: http://www.autismeducationsummit.com/

Notice who is not included: any AS people, AS advocates, groups like Grasp and ASAN. Exclusion of AS voices and propaganda from conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxers is not education, it's paternalistic c..p and a venue for "licenced ABA professionals" to hawk their services. I hope it doesn't include the one who advocates that bullying is good for AS children, though it's quite possible this will be a magnet for her and others looking to feather their nests. Contemptible.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 1:17 am

Information about the organising outfit, Generation Rescue:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Rescue

I can't resist saying that it looks like Jenny McCarthy has no fears about putting potentially toxic substances like silicone and face fillers in her body, though there are some real safety concerns with those:
http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/23/w ... nt-matter/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 2:36 am

B19 wrote:
Information about the organising outfit, Generation Rescue:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Rescue

I can't resist saying that it looks like Jenny McCarthy has no fears about putting potentially toxic substances like silicone and face fillers in her body, though there are some real safety concerns with those:
http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/23/w ... nt-matter/

This conference will be a complete clusterf**k
Other celebrity speakers include the producer of "Vaxxed" , the producer of "Warrior Moms"

"Proffesional" speakers include Daniel Amen a snake oil salesman
Wikipedia Article
Quote:
Questions have been raised about the ethics of selling SPECT scans on the basis of unproven claims: neuroscience professor Martha Farah calls such use "profitable but unproven" and says "Tens of thousands of individuals, many of them children, have been exposed to the radiation of two SPECT scans and paid thousands of dollars out of pocket (because insurers will not pay) against the advice of many experts". Professor of psychology Irving Kirsch has said of Amen's theory: "Before you start promulgating this and marketing it and profiting from it, you should ethically be bound to demonstrate it scientifically in a peer-reviewed, respected journal" as otherwise "you're just going down the path of being a snake oil salesman". In a 2011 paper the neuroscientist Anjan Chatterjee discussed example cases that were found on the Amen Clinic's website including a couple with marital difficulties and a child with impulsive aggression. The paper noted that the examples "violate the standard of care" because a normal clinical diagnosis would have been sufficient and that there "was no reason to obtain functional neuroimaging for diagnostic purposes in these cases."Most patients do not realise that the SPECT scans rely on unproven claims.

An initial session at one of Amen's clinics costs about $3,500.
Amen's claims for the use of SPECT are "no more than myth and poppycock, buffaloing an unsuspecting public," according to officials at major psychiatric and neuroscience associations and research centers.

Dr. Jerry Kartzinel
ChatAutism with Dr. Jerry Kartzinel Highlights - Generation Rescue Webpage

Kartzinel wrote the introduction to Jenny McCarthy's book Louder Than Words A MOTHER’S JOURNEY IN HEALING AUTISM and co wrote the book "Healing and Preventing Autism"

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 2:19 am

Anti-vaxxer Jenny McCarthy's autism summit peddles dangerous treatments, features discredited doctors

Quote:
Two doctors who are featured speakers are facing lawsuits for using dangerous treatments that they claim reverse autism. Anjum Usman (who sometimes goes by Anju) and Daniel Rossignol were sued in Chicago by the parent of a 7-year-old boy with autism. The boy’s father, James Coman, said the doctors harmed his son using "dangerous and unnecessary experimental treatments."
Rossignol and Usman prescribed intravenous chelation treatments designed to rid the body of heavy metals. Chelation treatment is approved only for treating conditions such as lead poisoning and iron overload and even then, side effects can include high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms and low calcium, which can cause the heart to stop.
Rossignol prescribed the treatments over the phone without ever seeing the 7-year-old, the lawsuit said.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 8:45 pm

They'll be serving a lot of coolaid there.