Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ErwinNL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2017, 3:13 am

Hi Everyone,

This year Alex Amelines finished a short animation explaining autism to children. It was made over two years in his spare time as an educational movie for his sons school and freely shared on the internet, where it went viral, the animation was mentioned in the media, won prices and was downloaded and watched millions of times.

Now he wants to make a 6 part animated series with a small team of artists and advisers, but for it to happen within a reasonable time frame he needs our support. That is why he started a Kickstarter project where we can donate money or let him, and the web, know how important we think it is to raise awareness and promote acceptance.

If you can't financially support the project then maybe you can share it on social media, in school or just talk about it with your friends, family, coworkers or leave a comment on Kickstarter and like his tweets on Twitter.

I don't know Alex personally, I just think it is an amazing project and backed it, it needs more support!

Thanks!

ErwinNL

Kickstarter movie:

The original animation:

Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/am ... -about-aut

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/_AmazingThings

http://amazingthingshappen.tv

ErwinNL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2017, 2:57 am

Secretly a shameless bump (maybe I shouldn't tell that, damn my honesty), but I am also curious about your opinion on projects like this.

After the amount of attention the original animation received in the media and the awards it won, why doesn't it have more backers yet? What I can think of are these reasons, most not specific to WP but in general:

- You are overloaded with projects like this
- You don't get anything out of it personally (financial return or rewards)
- You are not able to back this project or you don't have a credit card (hi, people from the Netherlands!).
- It feels as spam and you don't want to be associated with it
- Bad timing (other events are overshadowing it)
- You don't think it is a good concept
- Simply don't care
- ... ??

Maybe there are other projects you are supporting, you don't have the means or another reason. But why not tweet about it or share it in other ways then, maybe leave a comment on Kickstarter like Rebecca and Liz? It only costs you a little time and nothing more.

Or maybe I just posted this in the wrong sub forum and only a few people did read this topic.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/am ... t/comments

Quote:
Rebecca Coleman

Why is this project important to me? Like many autie girls, I wasn't diagnosed till adulthood, and I can't help but think about how different things could have been if we'd known sooner and if we'd had access to resources like this. So this project is important to me because of... that one time in junior high when a boy called me stuck-up because of my selective mutism. That time in high school when a peer told the youth leader I was "scaring" her because of my autie euphoria over a Narnia movie. That time a teacher told me I had to break my habit of fiddling with paper and stuff. All the times classmates saw me as a know-it-all because I loved sharing knowledge. This project is important to me because ignorance is a monster that skulks in the dark & destroys lives, and projects like this have the power to shine a light. The world desperately needs more of that light. I'm honored to be a backer, and hope earnestly that many many others will have that same honor.

Quote:
Liz Scarff

Fantastic project that stands to make a real difference for children with autism. Good luck with the crowdfunding campaign.
~Liz and the Fieldcraft Studios team.