Self Diagnosed Autistics in UK can have autistics arrested

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2017, 5:40 pm

If you're in the UK and don't see the logic in being able to diagnosis yourself with a mental disorder or disability and disagree with it you can be locked up for being hateful! Also make sure not to assume anyone's gender as gender is fluid and be changed at will.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40981235

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:45 pm

Not sure who specifically you're trying to threaten, but I for one have my diagnosis and am not "self diagnosed" -- NOT that there's anything wrong with being self diagnosed.

Why are you an American threatening UK people with this s**t? Plus, the article is about hate crime online in GENERAL.

Nothing in it even mentions "self diagnosed autistics" committing hate crimes. What on earth is your problem? If anything, YOU'RE the one harassing by posting this.

There are self diagnosed people who have good reasons not to seek a diagnosis, yet your opening remarks and your final paragraph actually bash those people and are very snide comments to make. What on earth is your problem?

Your post itself is a good example of what this article and these laws are trying to address. How ironic.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:01 pm

Might be drunk. Might be a troll. Might be both.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:18 pm

On a serious point from the article cited, British law has now enshrined subjectivity in a piece of legislation. For instance, I'm officially diagnosed with Autism which is a Disability, and I PERCEIVE society as a hate crime, so I win.

Further, on the same token, I PERCEIVE the Law itself as a Hate Crime. I win.

Don't think the Law says anything about my perceptions being reliable or not. I win, me, me, me. Where's my compo?

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:19 pm

It's like having been bitten by a radioactive spider, this new Percepto Power.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:22 pm

"Me, me, do you call that equitable?"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:28 pm

The article says nothing about autism. Being for self diagnosis is a personal opinion, not a group you were born into. They are not going to prosecute anybody for stating they disagree with personal decisions people make.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:48 pm

The OP seems to be suggesting that it's the self diagnosed who will be prosecuted for "infiltrating" sites where autistic people are.

He seems to be against the self diagnosed and seems to be accusing THEM of hate crimes against diagnosed people, is what I glean from his OP.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:51 pm

I just think he's "certifiable".......best ignored..........

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:52 pm

HisShadowX wrote:
If you're in the UK and don't see the logic in being able to diagnosis yourself with a mental disorder or disability and disagree with it you can be locked up for being hateful! Also make sure not to assume anyone's gender as gender is fluid and be changed at will.

I bring this up as Self Diagnosed people who infiltrate Autistic groups tend to drive actual autistic people out and vengefully go after anyone who questions that holiness of the Online Quiz. So be careful if you're from the United Kingdom fellow autistic people.

This in itself sounds like a hate post to me.

I have heard though that UK authorities are big on institutionalizing autistics...

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:54 pm

I agree, kraftie.

The post he made is also kind of garbled and it's hard to know actually who it is he is warning, bashing, for, or against.

Personally I have had a problematic encounter with this guy before, so I question his motives. I also agree with your other post he's either drinking or trolling, lol.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 7:47 pm

HisShadowX wrote:
If you're in the UK and don't see the logic in being able to diagnosis yourself...you can be locked up for being hateful!

That seems pretty straightforward to me. And not threatening in the least, just complaining about a social/legal situation. Whether it's fair or accurate may be a matter of opinion, but the frustration behind it is not difficult to understand.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

I think it's a load of beans myself.

Hoggy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Aug 2017, 8:41 pm

I don't have a scooby do how you came to that conclusion from an article that has nothing to do with autism. An aritcle that just tells you England is falling in line with a policy Scotland (another country of the UK) has had for years now.
Anyone would have to be doing some seriously extreme hating to get locked up.

Last edited by Hoggy on 23 Aug 2017, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:42 pm

So willard, you don't think the OP saying THIS is threatening or hostile in any way?

" I bring this up as Self Diagnosed people who infiltrate Autistic groups tend to drive actual autistic people out and vengefully go after anyone who questions that holiness of the Online Quiz. So be careful if you're from the United Kingdom fellow autistic people."

He says "self diagnosed people who INFILTRATE autistic groups" -- that's a hostile thing to say. Infiltrate is not exactly a friendly concept to accuse someone of perpetrating.

Then he says these self diagnosed people "drive actual autistic people out".

And "Vengefully go after anyone who questions" online quiz results.

All of this is hostile talk and very attacking. He obviously has some kind of axe to grind, he is attacking the "self diagnosed" and even suggesting they drive out "real" autistics -- which is also a strong suggestion that anyone "self diagnosed" cannot themselves be a "real" autistic.

This is like someone who had an older account is coming back with a newer account just to rile up that old fight again here.

You're defending this guy.

You're as bad as he is.

The OP's post ought to be reported. He's attacking the self-diagnosed and trying to open up the "you're not really autistic/diagnosed" fights that arise here over and over.

It's what makes me SICK of what goes on here a lot of the time. The guy is a TROLL.

Hoggy

23 Aug 2017, 8:57 pm

He would make a good journalist for The Sun (a terrible tabloid paper in the UK) if he can make such a dramatic post with no substance. Clearly trolling.