Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 3:37 pm

Can you give me an explanation as to why time after time we see women get of crimes scott free?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 3:52 pm

It would help if you gave some examples.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:04 pm

I've honestly got to the point where I think Jamesy is a pseudonym for admin trying to create controversial topics for more site hits.

Kid if you don't already work in SEO or online clickbaiting for zurgnet or buzzfeed you need to start applying for jobs you've got it spot on.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:06 pm

Criminal Law

Time after time we see women who commit crimes get off scott free. This is especially true for mothers who have children. What is completely wrong is that a mother who kills her young baby in the UK is not held responsible for murder but the lesser crime of infanticide. This helps mothers but does nothing to protect the vulnerable children. By contrast there is never any mercy for fathers with children who have equal care responsibilities and the judges show no concern for the feelings of the children who need their fathers. Here are just some examples:
Suzane Oatley 37 a depressed mother who killed her 11 day old baby by hitting his head against a stair walked free from court yesterday after a judge ruled that she should be helped not punished. [Times 1-Sep-95]

A father was jailed for taking his daughter and starting a new life with her in America...the 18-month sentence imposed on Martin Hallam at Leeds Crown Court was hailed by his former wife and her lawyer as a powerful deterrent to would-be parental abductors [Telegraph 14-Nov-95]

A mother who tried to throw her five-year-old son off a bridge above a fast flowing river was placed on probation [Telegraph 28-Oct-9])

A cruel mother who deliberately caused agonising injuries to her baby son walked free, because the judge said, her son 'needed' her [Telegraph 18-Mar-95].

A mother who killed her 11-month-old baby daughter to stop her crying was jailed for 18 months, but her drug-addict boyfriend was jailed for 30 months [Telegraph 29-Apr-95].

Women who snatch babies from parents are usually treated leniently and placed on probation (Telegraph 16-Oct-94).

In 1994 a research finding published by the home office concluded that women offenders are treated more leniently than men by the police and courts (Research Findings No 10 Home Office Research and Stats May 1994). Of all women convicted of indictable offences 7% were given custodial sentences. The figure for men was 20% [Telegraph 16-Oct-95].

Date-rape allegations cases have surged. Very often these allegations have turned out to be completely false. A study conducted by the FBI with subjects already in jail for rape used DNA findings to show that 30% of the convicted men were innocent according to the DNA evidence [Newsweek 11-Jan-93]. A study by Eugene Kanin in a small community over a nine year period indicated that over 40% were officially declared completely and wilfully false [Archives of Sexual Behavior]. In 1985 US Air Force Criminal Investigator Charles McDowell [Chicago Lawyer June 1985] studied 1218 cases initially investigated as rapes; 460 were proven rapes, 212 were disproved allegations, and 546 cases remained unsolved.

Sarah Thornton stabbed and murdered her husband in cold blood as he lay sleeping and then claimed that he had provoked her because of domestic violence [Guardian 29-Jul-95].

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:14 pm

There are plenty of women in jail or prison here in New York State. They don't get off scot-free here.

I've seen them suffer considerably.

Maybe women get leniency sometimes because they don't act like as much of an idiot as some criminal men do.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:18 pm

Most of these are from the 90s. Has the law not been updated?

I really do think someone who knows the legal system is best placed to answer this.

And if there really is a discrepancy things can be done such as lobbying and setting up petitions for laws to be reviewed in parliament

Male keyboard warriors get off your keyboards and do something about the things you see as injustices. Nothing will change if no one takes action.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:31 pm

I happen to work within the legal system in a clerical capacity.

I know what goes on--at least in Manhattan, NYC.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 4:38 pm

Ah I've found the source Jamesy copied and pasted.

Why jamesy? Why just copy and paste an ancient page from an old website?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

Sound like Jamesy is just expressing his perceptions. A trip to a women's prison will be most educational.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2017, 2:23 pm

If it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, acts like a troll...... :roll:

BBC: Radio 4

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 6:44 am

Voxish wrote:
If it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, acts like a troll...... :roll:

Oh can I just apologise I am very sorry did I annoy you in someway by giving you a few home truths about how unfair society is too men compared to women? :roll:

S

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 7:44 am

Come to one of the women's prisons here. Just get out of your shell in general.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 2:33 pm

It's different here in the US, women get punished here for crimes but it's rare for them to get capital punishment. I cannot think of a woman here in the US that went off Scott free. Even stressful mothers get punished or mentally ill ones. It's rare in the US to be found not guilty if a crime due to insanity and going to a mental hospital instead. Lot of Americans do not accept this because they want justice for the victim.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.