Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 2:24 am

Amaltheia wrote:
Chronos wrote:
As for the above comment that you seem to have attributed to me, that was not my comment and I have made no comment on it other than this very comment I am making now.

Seriously? You're just going to flat out lie?
You do realise that people can just scroll up and see the quoted comment with you as the poster.

Indeed they can scroll up, at which point, if they understand the syntax of the quotation boxes, will see that my comments are in reply to the comment directly above, which in this case, was to the comment made by Lintar, and not your comment.

Amaltheia wrote:
Chronos wrote:
If I were saying that, I would have said that. Please do not imply I have said things that I didn't say. I recommend including the entire conversation chain when easily feasible so as to avoid taking someone's words out of context rather than going out of your way to edit the context out.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Lots of people — you among them — defend Google's decision to fire Damore because he said something "offensive", but pass over these other comments in complete silence.

In this very post I am now replying to, you have just accused me of lying when I had said I had not commented on your specific comment and now you are calling hypocrisy for my silence on your comment.

Which is it? Did I or did I not comment on it?

I did not. I am not obliged to read every post in a thread or reply to every post or comment on them, and may choose not to for a variety of reasons. I believe that claiming that my silence on a post or comment represents one view point or another, particularly when you conclude on a view point negative in light, or attempts to wage personal attacks on me or my character to goad me in to commenting on an issue constitues a form of defamation, and bullying and I will report such behavior to the moderators.

If you would like my viewpoint on a particular issue, you may ask it, and I may or may not choose to share it.

Amaltheia wrote:
There are no reports that the people who made them have been fired. But none of these people are calling for them to be fired or even disciplined for much more blatantly violating Google's stated policy of promoting [iurl=https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/16/james-damore-google-memo-interview-autism-regrets]"a culture of 'psychological safety' among its staff, believing it imperative that employees feel empowered to voice ideas without feeling embarrassed or judged."[/url][/i]

It's a rather blatant double standard.

I'm sure there's a word to describe such an immunity or advantage that sets a few above the rules applied to everyone else.

And if I read reports of Google firing them for such behavior, I may have likewise voiced my support for Google's decision....or not. As I said, I am not obliged to read or comment on anything.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm

Chronos wrote:
It may or may not be depending on the "truth" one is speaking of but if it were not, what cedes you the authority to determine what is truth, over someone else, and by what means does a man who has been a man all of his life determine that he has more authority on the female experience and female perspectives than an actual female?

I wonder if you really have any engineering education or just "self-identify as an engineer".

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 8:31 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Chronos wrote:
It may or may not be depending on the "truth" one is speaking of but if it were not, what cedes you the authority to determine what is truth, over someone else, and by what means does a man who has been a man all of his life determine that he has more authority on the female experience and female perspectives than an actual female?

I wonder if you really have any engineering education or just "self-identify as an engineer".

However you wish to spend your time.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 10:16 am

Chronos wrote:

It's like talking to a chatbot.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 1:15 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Chronos wrote:

It's like talking to a chatbot.

We can see that not being able to get women to respond to your bullying exactly how you want them to is very frustrating for you.

You see, many of us have experienced bullying before, and we've learned to not respond with what the bully wants. Many of us women have experienced this kind of bullying from men, and in the workplace. It is natural that those who are used to getting away with bullying others (especially those of priveleged groups--like men--who are used to getting away with bullying those of marginalized groups--like women) will be frustrated with this new social movement that is all about calling out bullying and ending hostile work environments.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 3:52 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
We can see that not being able to get women to respond to your bullying exactly how you want them to is very frustrating for you.

You (or she) can't give a reasonable answer to a simple question and I'm somehow guilty of that? Oh come on.

The answer is simple: if you are going to use "oh you made me feel so harmed" as a weapon, nobody is going to take you seriously. This is not always enough, and this is the first step only, but you have failed it already.

And it's quite funny how instead of fighting against the real baddies you're trying to use your passive-aggressive mockery on a random disabled guy from the Internet who is probably in a much worse position than you ever been in.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 4:15 pm

XenoMind wrote:

You (or she) can't give a reasonable answer to a simple question and I'm somehow guilty of that? Oh come on.

The answer is simple: if you are going to use "oh you made me feel so harmed" as a weapon, nobody is going to take you seriously. This is not always enough, and this is the first step only, but you have failed it already.

And it's quite funny how instead of fighting against the real baddies you're trying to use your passive-aggressive mockery on a random disabled guy from the Internet who is probably in a much worse position than you ever been in.

You make a lot of baseless assumptions in your flailing. I'm still not going to respond how you want me to. Perhaps you should look for different ways to interact with women other than trying to bully them and they might respond in more positive ways to you that you like better.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 4:41 pm

You make a lot of baseless assumptions in your flailing. I'm still not going to respond how you want me to. Perhaps you should look for different ways to interact with women other than trying to bully them and they might respond in more positive ways to you that you like better.

- could you show me any proof for your statement?
- I'm not answering any questions of you! You're male chauvinist! Stop bullying me! Check your privilege!
Sigh....

Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 4:48 pm

XenoMind wrote:

- could you show me any proof for your statement?
- I'm not answering any questions of you! You're male chauvinist! Stop bullying me! Check your privilege!
Sigh....

I could, but I will not. I already made the point I wanted to make, and you already missed it (which I sort of expected.) Have a good day!

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 5:07 pm

I could, but I will not. I already made the point I wanted to make, and you already missed it (which I sort of expected.) Have a good day!

That's not the point. That's just a blatant manipulation attempt (and it's failed).

Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 5:43 pm

XenoMind wrote:

That's not the point. That's just a blatant manipulation attempt (and it's failed).

Well then, I hope you have a good day just to spite me! :)

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 4:30 pm

Well then, I hope you have a good day just to spite me! :)

That's pretty much unlikely, as most my days suck due to physical health problems and depression.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 2:31 pm

Interesting development in the old James Damore story.

Damore is posting on reddit about someone who has reportedly revealed how the internal campaign against him was carried out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesDamore/co ... es_damore/

James_Damore
Whoah, this would explain a lot.

I can't verify its authenticity, but the OP is correct that I was one of about 100 employees that knew about Dragonfly. I also did report several legal issues in Search that they probably haven't fixed. My phone and computer were also extremely slow after the document went viral. Other parts of the post include knowledge that only a Googler would know.

u/TiredOfLying4Google please contact my lawyer, Harmeet Dhillon.

The original poster is not confirmed, but Damore says it has to be an insider who was involved because he/she has knowledge of confidential programs.

There Are Four Lights!