Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 3:04 am

Kings College honors 2020 alumni award winners

Quote:
The Leo Award is presented to an alumnus or alumna within 15 years of their graduation who has demonstrated achievement in his or her professional or community activities. It was named for the King’s College mascot. Amy Gravino ’05 is an educator, advocate, writer, and speaker who specializes in issues affecting adults with autism spectrum disorders. In 1994, at the age of 11, Gravino was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. Gravino graduated with her Bachelor of Arts in English in 2005. Shortly thereafter, she earned her Master of Arts in Applied Behavior Analysis from Caldwell College. She writes, conducts research and is involved in speaking engagements and publications in a wide variety of media. She also works as an educator specializing in issues that affect people with autism, specifically those that center around dating and intimacy. In addition to her speaking engagements, Gravino was featured in the 2006 documentary film Normal People Scare Me, and in 2017, she was featured in an online segment for CBS News as one of 20 “Inspiring People on the Autism Spectrum,” alongside Temple Grandin and Susan Boyle. Gravino also conducts workshops and presentations for organizations, schools, and parents of individuals on the autism spectrum, as well as consults with organizations regarding the hiring and training of individuals on the spectrum.

Congratulations Amy

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman