Disney Sued For Barring Maskless Autistic Boy From Store

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 9:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I actually agree with emortkey that this virus has not been handled correctly.

Those with risk factors should have been under lockdown not entire countries.

Everytime we come out of lockdown the virus will simply come roaring back.

So we now have dead people + destroyed economy + mass unemployment and where is the vaccine?

They re working on it but they say it may not be until 2022 when it is finally made. Man, kids may be distant learning for the rest of their elementary school, middle, and high school years.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 10:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I actually agree with emortkey that this virus has not been handled correctly.

Those with risk factors should have been under lockdown not entire countries.

Everytime we come out of lockdown the virus will simply come roaring back.

So we now have dead people + destroyed economy + mass unemployment and where is the vaccine?

They re working on it but they say it may not be until 2022 when it is finally made. Man, kids may be distant learning for the rest of their elementary school, middle, and high school years.

Yes you are right, based on the Guardian's COVID tracker
https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-in ... e-be-ready

18months from now will be 2022

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 10:08 pm

Countries did not (and some still do not) have the medical infrastructure in place at the beginning of this thing to deal with the high volume of cases. There would probably have been a lot more preventable deaths once the respirators had run out.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 10:12 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Countries did not (and some still do not) have the medical infrastructure in place at the beginning of this thing to deal with the high volume of cases. There would probably have been a lot more preventable deaths once the respirators had run out.

You'll notice Sweden's red line is now back on par with other OECD countries.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 10:37 pm

Just to underline the point. China seems to have benefitted from the global lockdown and now there's credible reason to think this was a media misinformation campaign emanating from China designed to cripple the world economy leaving China in a much more powerful position
https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy ... b97ee50629

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 5:12 am

I kind of agree.

People who are high risk should be allowed furlough even now.

It's ridiculous that they're sending high risk people of working age who can't work from home back into their workplaces. Not safe.

I don't wear a mask much. Because there is no point in wearing a mask from: home, empty field, empty beach. :roll: I do wear a mask on a bridge for eg or at a park. Whenever I'm in a crowd. No legal requirement. But mum's high risk and I live with her so if I get the virus, she will too. Mostly I just avoid those crowds though...

And people don't believe this but I do not go into buildings outside. The risk from enclosed spaces is just too great. Mum doesn't either, she works from home or in carparks and people's gardens and parks etc. She says working in car parks feels a bit like being a drugs dealer... :lol:

None of our household or my granddad who is in our bubble has been into a building since March with the exception, of course, of our houses. It's avoidable for us. It isn't avoidable for everyone. Some people have been forced to work, including high risk people, in dangerous environments.

NTs have been complaining it's bad for their mental health to be in lockdown. Not bad for mine tbh. Safest thing - but bad for allistic mental health & the economy so it was stopped on a national level.

Stay home/in the wilderness - safest.
Wear a mask when in a public building/in a crowd - safer than not doing.

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-gu ... face-masks

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 11:06 am

emotrtkey wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
First of all COVID is worse than the most flu's because of a lack of immunity towards it. Manditory masks in combination with other measures appear to slow the spread.

Usually, I am on the side of giving more accommodations to autistic people. I don't like seeing autistic people denied pleasurable things the NT's get. But as they say, there are always exceptions to the rule. Accommodate when it is a matter of a bit of inconvenience yes, when it is a matter of possible permanent disability or death no.

The survival rate is 99.9% for the seasonal flu and 99.4% for Covid-19 when you include the elderly which is a difference of only 0.5%. The survival rate for Covid-19 among the non-elderly is 99.8%. For those under 40 years old, it's 99.9%.

Studies have shown Covid-19 mutates like the seasonal flu and probably won't go away which means people will likely be getting yearly vaccines for it along with their flu shot. Since vaccines only reduce your chance of getting it, you'll need to wear a mask for the rest of your life.

There are elderly people that visit Disney. The requirement is for them and the elderly and those with pre existing conditions the kids will visit in the next few weeks, not the kids for whom generally it is “just like the flu”. Once the vaccines come out and if enough people take them the risk will be low enough to resume normal activity. At some point normal activity needs to resume because there is no such thing as no risk. I worry from now on there will restrictions and lockdowns for average flu outbreaks.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 11:09 am

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
First of all COVID is worse than the most flu's because of a lack of immunity towards it. Manditory masks in combination with other measures appear to slow the spread.

Usually, I am on the side of giving more accommodations to autistic people. I don't like seeing autistic people denied pleasurable things the NT's get. But as they say, there are always exceptions to the rule. Accommodate when it is a matter of a bit of inconvenience yes, when it is a matter of possible permanent disability or death no.

When I had covid, I couldn't do anything and I stayed in bed for two days straight. The headache was so bad and I was very tired so I slept.

I was lucky my body handled it well because it fought it off and I never lost my breath and I didn't die.

Any after effects?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 11:38 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

When I had covid, I couldn't do anything and I stayed in bed for two days straight. The headache was so bad and I was very tired so I slept.

I was lucky my body handled it well because it fought it off and I never lost my breath and I didn't die.

Any after effects?

Nope.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 11:53 am

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Any after effects?

Nope.

Lucky. I was in bed for nearly three weeks, constantly short of breath and still haven't fully recovered.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 1:11 pm

I assumed ASPartOfme meant permanent affects because I have heard that people who got Covid were left with permanent damage to their body. Think of Helen Keller when she had Scarlet Fever, left blind and deaf after she recovered.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 9:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Any after effects?

Nope.

Lucky. I was in bed for nearly three weeks, constantly short of breath and still haven't fully recovered.

Hope you are better now buddy? sorry to hear about your situation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 9:36 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I assumed ASPartOfme meant permanent affects because I have heard that people who got Covid were left with permanent damage to their body. Think of Helen Keller when she had Scarlet Fever, left blind and deaf after she recovered.

There's around 10% of those infected who seem to be classified as long haul Covid patients who seem to have recurring symptoms such as lung infection.

We don't know enough about the virus but there is a worse case scenario that for long haulers the virus could infect the brain resulting nueral damage.

Too early at this stage, the data seems to suggest this is just like a virulent flu that has poor outcomes for older people and people with weak immune systems.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 3:54 am

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Any after effects?

Nope.

Good

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 3:55 am

funeralxempire wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Any after effects?

Nope.

Sorry

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 3:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Hope you are better now buddy? sorry to hear about your situation.

Not entirely. I'm improving, but the shortness of breath hasn't entirely gotten better. It's not debilitating but it's noticeable.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う