Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:42 am

The touring exhibition showcasing talented young artists

Quote:
A touring art exhibition is giving young people who are autistic an opportunity to express themselves.

The Creative Voices: What Autism Means to Me exhibition showcases more than 140 pieces of art created by autistic post-primary pupils from schools right across Northern Ireland.
Each artwork is accompanied by a personalised quote from the artist.

The exhibit aims to give people a better understanding of autism from the personal perspectives of each artist.

A touring art exhibition is giving young people who are autistic an opportunity to express themselves.

The Creative Voices: What Autism Means to Me exhibition showcases more than 140 pieces of art created by autistic post-primary pupils from schools right across Northern Ireland.
Each artwork is accompanied by a personalised quote from the artist.

The exhibit aims to give people a better understanding of autism from the personal perspectives of each artist.

The whole exhibition is travelling across various locations in a tour of Northern Ireland throughout 2023.

The project is presented by the Education Authority's Autism Advisory and Intervention Service (AAIS).

Ms Whiteside said the main aim of the exhibit is to give a greater understanding and acceptance of autism within the wider community.
"Only then can we truly have an inclusive society where neurodiversity is celebrated," she said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman