All Legoland US parks to become Autism Certified Centers

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 12:25 pm

Fox 11 Los Angeles

Quote:
The company announced Monday that all Legoland Resorts in North America will receive Certified Autism Center distinction by the end of March.

This distinction will certify all employees get the proper training to make sure all guests - including those on the autism spectrum and guests with other sensory disorders - have the best experience possible.

Some of the new features in the park include "Trained front-line team members equipped to better assist autistic guests or those with other sensory sensitivities, pre-planning resources available for guests on the Resorts' websites, and low sensory areas," according to Legoland.

Legoland Florida received certification early last year with the opening of Peppa Pig Theme Park, also a Certified Autism Center.

At Legoland’s parks in California, Florida and New York, you can find sensory guides at rides and attractions that sort simulation level by touch, taste, sound, sight and smell.

To qualify for certification, 80% of staff must be trained and certified. Legoland staff received training from the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES) to better assist guests with autism or other sensory sensitivities.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman