Page 17 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 2:58 pm

Nades wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Nades wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
...I think Nades' problem in the discussion is mainly "asserting that gender identity other than extreme medical problems is only psychological", which is an act of relying solely on one's own experience and ignoring other experiences...

This is exactly my issue. I don't appreciate a cis person taking their own experience, asserting that their experience and opinion is the truth, and then ignoring other opinions and experiences, and as a trans person I don't have to appreciate it or say that they're right. It doesn't matter how many times they reiterate it.

Since when did I completely dismiss any opinion? The only real counter argument that's been presented so far is chromosomal disorders (that effect one in thousands) and can effect anyone, not just autistics. It's not really a surprise that I'm not seeing a significant link between that, autism and being trans. The frequency between chromosomal problems, autism and being trans don't even remotely add up too. Trans people appear to significantly outnumber people with disorders of the sex chromosomes. I don't see the link of how the occasional trans person with such a disorder can somehow explain away the many, many more without.

Of the opinions that trans people posted so far, they seem to be strongly on the psychological side.

Atypical sex hormone levels are a common finding in transgender people who do not have chromosomal disorders. This may be reflected in blood hormone level checks, or it may be reflected in the uterine environment.

It is not convenient for me to find the English dissertation library. But there are many elaborations in this regard in the Chinese dissertation library.

Have any research been done on sex hormone levels in autistics? If so it appears to be a much, much more probable explanation than sex chromosome problems.

Women on the spectrum have a higher chance to have pcos. I have pcos. High Testosterone.
I don't mind being a tomboy or other opposite things. I'm not transgender. I've been prescribed hormone therapy. Same after it.

Because stress is high there will be hormonal unbalances in women probably down to severe, which typically cause complications and require treatment. This treatment may further increase mood swings, relationship issues, depression and suicide rates.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 3:13 pm

ironpony wrote:
I am curious, what causes a person to want to be a different gender or feel they are a disadvantage with how they are biologically born?

I tried researching but could not really find a conclusive route motivation of it.

The factors are genetic and environmental, for being gay. I'm not sure if it's the same for transgender people.
A species of fish males mate with males to aid propagation of species and exemplify skill and safety towards the female. If she sees the display, she is more likely to trust the male, if females see a more experienced female give her approval to a male.
It's the same in humans, by observation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

luckystrike.es
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2022, 6:11 pm

Rexi wrote:
ironpony wrote:
What does it mean when Attwood says 'heavily over-represented', exactly?

Confusing for me too whether it means it's represented in numbers as being more preponderant or if it means being over estimated.
This might provide more insight
https://www.google.com/amp/s/reframingautism.org.au/response-to-attwood-on-transition/%3famp=1

Quote:
Although he could not provide robust – or indeed any – evidence to support his claims, Attwood proposed sensationalist theories about why Autistic young people seek gender transition in greater numbers than non-autistics. While insisting that he did not know the reason for this overlap, Attwood asserted a variety of unsubstantiated reasons. He did not once acknowledge that genuine gender dysphoria is the most compelling – and obvious – reason.

Attwood seems convinced that Autistic youths – having experienced prolonged bullying, rejection and loneliness – are desperate for a sense of belonging. He argues that they have a “fragmented sense of self, and self-identity”, which leads them to examine their gender identity. The implication of his argument is that (a) these Autistic youths seek belonging in the trans community, and (b) that their examination of their identity results in mistaken or misled ideas about their gender identity.

But surely, a simpler argument might be made. Rather than having a “fragmented sense of self”, might these Autistic youths have a much more developed sense of self, having had reason to explore their identities to a greater depth than is usual for their same-age peers? The Autistic community would argue that we are generally more aware of our authentic identities than our peers because identity has been more crucial in our journeys. Autistic prevalence in gender clinics can be convincingly argued from the point of view of enhanced self-knowledge, rather than misplaced yearning.

The author's rejection of Attwood's theory and the proposed alternative have been expressed in this thread. This response is the controlling view of autistic autism scholars/researchers on the subject.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 10:48 pm

Rexi wrote:
ironpony wrote:
I am curious, what causes a person to want to be a different gender or feel they are a disadvantage with how they are biologically born?

I tried researching but could not really find a conclusive route motivation of it.

The factors are genetic and environmental, for being gay. I'm not sure if it's the same for transgender people.
A species of fish males mate with males to aid propagation of species and exemplify skill and safety towards the female. If she sees the display, she is more likely to trust the male, if females see a more experienced female give her approval to a male.
It's the same in humans, by observation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

Thank you for the link. I read it but I feel that it provides just as many questions as it does answers. I have the what and the how of what causes it but not the why. Is there no why and it's all arbitrary?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 4:41 pm

Due to massive illnesses and injuries recently, if I can muster up the strength to read through this I will but I dunno yet.

Don't walk to much otherwise your feet can end up breaking (I know, weird) and if someone if being violently ill and rolling around in their own vomit keep away from them better than I did.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 3:06 pm

I have a high pitched voice that makes people mistake me for a woman on the phone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 3:26 pm

I walk approximately 10 miles a day-----and have been doing this for almost a year. My feet aren't "broken" yet.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 3:39 pm

dorkseid wrote:
I have a high pitched voice that makes people mistake me for a woman on the phone.

I have the same issue. In my case, it was a malfunctioning testicle that did not descend properly. No one warned me of the cancer risk (or I would have had it removed with my first hernia surgery) and of course, it became cancerous and caused quite a few issue.

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 3:52 pm

demeus wrote:
dorkseid wrote:

I have the same issue. In my case, it was a malfunctioning testicle that did not descend properly. No one warned me of the cancer risk (or I would have had it removed with my first hernia surgery) and of course, it became cancerous and caused quite a few issue.

Interesting. I have one testicle that drops lower than the other one. I asked doctors about it, but didn't see this as a concern. I have abnormally low testosterone.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 4:10 pm

dorkseid wrote:
demeus wrote:
dorkseid wrote:

Interesting. I have one testicle that drops lower than the other one. I asked doctors about it, but didn't see this as a concern. I have abnormally low testosterone.

That's natural, it allows for a narrower package compared to if they both hung at the same height. If they hung at the same height you'd be more likely to squish your boys while running.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 11:15 pm

dorkseid wrote:
demeus wrote:
dorkseid wrote:

Usually(85%, in my memory) the left testis is slightly lower than the right.
During embryonic growth and development, the testes need to descend gradually from the abdominal cavity to the scrotum. Among them, the left testis descends first, and the right testis descends later, so there will be a difference in height.
And, as FXE says, it's an evolutionary advantage.

As long as it doesn't happen suddenly and doesn't feel uncomfortable, don't worry about it.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 11:48 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
dorkseid wrote:
demeus wrote:
dorkseid wrote:

During embryonic growth and development, the testes need to descend gradually from the abdominal cavity to the scrotum. Among them, the left testis descends first, and the right testis descends later, so there will be a difference in height.

As long as it doesn't happen suddenly and doesn't feel uncomfortable, don't worry about it.

There is no reason for anyone to become "testy" about it. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 11:52 pm

dorkseid wrote:

Do you speak from your diaphram or not, which could be the reason why your voice may be high?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 11:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
dorkseid wrote:

There is no reason for anyone to become "testy" about it. :mrgreen:

I have a case on hand.
About a pair of extremely anxious and good at "rights protection" young parents and a pitiable pediatrician.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 11:19 pm

I don't understand how one testicle hanging lower than the other has to do with possibly being trans, unless I missed it?

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 9:56 am

ironpony wrote:
I don't understand how one testicle hanging lower than the other has to do with possibly being trans, unless I missed it?

According to some sources I've read/watched, one of the testicles is meant to hang lower than the other in all men to keep them safe. So all "normal" men would be trans if one lower-hanging testicle had anything to do with being trans.

I have no gender dysphoria and I'm fine about being biologically male but I hate being forced to play the gender roles expected of males. People sometimes mistake this for a trait of gender dysphoria. All I want is to have the freedom from male gender roles or even the freedom to talk openly about it like women do.