Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2022, 7:41 am

Jason Katims’ Autism Series ‘As We See It’ Canceled at Amazon

Quote:
Amazon doesn’t see a future for As We See It.

The retail giant/streamer has opted to cancel the coming-of-age comedy about three 20-something roommates on the autism spectrum after one season. Reps for Amazon declined comment on the decision.

The series, which bowed its eight-episode season on Jan. 21, currently is certified fresh with a 90 percent rating among critics and 90 percent score among viewers on Rotten Tomatoes.

Amazon’s decision to cancel As We See It after a single season comes as the e-commerce giant recently wrapped the first of an expected five-season run of Lord of the Rings. The first season is estimated to have cost $1 billion, when factoring in rights, production and marketing, etc

It would not surprise me if Netflix picks it up. They seem to be grabbing all the quality Autism programming. That would be too bad for me as I do not subscribe to Netflix.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman