Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Mar 2008, 6:27 pm

I have known only two truly rotten, despicable human beings in my life, and it's easy to see they're both on the spectrum.

I still don't hate NTs though. They have done nothing to me to deserve any rancor on my part, and so they don't. I love NTs, because they are talented, entertaining, and interesting people who I'm glad to know.

Pepperfire wrote:
guitargrrl wrote:
Agreed. The girls were awful. I pretty much found a shady tree and read books through my school years. Or wrote. Anything to avoid the 'playground'.

I went the step further and actually climbed the tree. It was way safer up there.

Funny. While you guys hid at recess, I was with a dozen NT friends, draining the honeysuckle bushes dry in May and June. Man, we had a blast :D

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 7:08 pm

I would sometimes play with others during recess, but I never felt fully accepted, and there were some days where I'd just keep to myself because I didn't feel like pretending to be part of the group.

As for the main subject - I've already expressed my views in several recent threads. To sum it up, bashing all NT's based on what some of them did is unwarranted. I don't even really understand disliking people just because they talk about things you're not interested in. I don't care much about MTV or sports either, but who am I to judge people's interests when most people (including aspies) don't care about the things I'm interested in? You can't help what you are and aren't interested in.

SDFarsight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2008, 8:10 pm

Sometimes I hate NT-ism, but I don't hate NTs as a whole; as that'll be hating people out of ignorance and stereotyping. My twin bro, the rest of my family and some friends are NT, so I know very well that NTs are not at all 'bad' by default.

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Apr 2008, 8:21 pm

Yes their are a lot of neurotypicals that I hate George W Bush and Pat Robertson and lots of kids at school but I dont hate them all their are really nice ones if you have the patience to find them. Yes Its true male society is very vicious and it never stops and yes its really bad in the US and some Americans are dumb and lots of American teen males are in to the ghetho trends and act no better than common street gang members at least where I live a Poor factory city on the east coast in the most corrupt state in the union.Rhode Island is the worst state to live in if you have Aspergers Trust me.

Pepperfire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2008, 6:49 pm

Maxrebo wrote:
Yes their are a lot of neurotypicals that I hate George W Bush and Pat Robertson and lots of kids at school but I dont hate them all their are really nice ones if you have the patience to find them. Yes Its true male society is very vicious and it never stops and yes its really bad in the US and some Americans are dumb and lots of American teen males are in to the ghetho trends and act no better than common street gang members at least where I live a Poor factory city on the east coast in the most corrupt state in the union.Rhode Island is the worst state to live in if you have Aspergers Trust me.

I don't think so, Quebec is. Although, it's technically a Province, not a State.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 6:54 pm

Pepperfire wrote:
I don't think so, Quebec is. Although, it's technically a Province, not a State.

didn't quebec technically declare its' independence as a sovereign state in a popular vote a whle ago?

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 7:50 pm

OK, maybe I'm missing something. I read a lot of complaints about "NT bashing" but seldom do I see anything that looks like "NT bashing" to me. Describing specific unpleasant experiences with specific individuals does not come across as NT bashing to me. Nor does use of the term "NT" - sometimes it's convenient to have an abbreviation for people who are not on the spectrum.

Where should I look if I want to find examples of the NT bashing phenomenon being discussed? I'm thinking along the lines of certain threads or types of thread titles or something (not specific members).

Pepperfire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2008, 1:50 pm

Warsie wrote:
Pepperfire wrote:

didn't quebec technically declare its' independence as a sovereign state in a popular vote a whle ago?

They've been trying to since the early 70's but no... As yet, Quebec is still very much a Canadian province. :D

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 2:06 pm

Pepperfire wrote:
guitargrrl wrote:
Quote:
And whoever it was that said that girls didn't do the boy bully thing. HA! The girls were way worse!

Agreed. The girls were awful. I pretty much found a shady tree and read books through my school years. Or wrote. Anything to avoid the 'playground'.

I went the step further and actually climbed the tree. It was way safer up there.

:mrgreen:

This resonates so well with me - I sat and read and wrote. All day every day, in my little corner where I was within sight of the staff room. People knew I was there and a few would come and ask me to join them occasionally, but I never did. Way too confusing and the girls were way too mean. Sometimes I'd hide in the bushes if it got too much, we didn't have any climable trees!

Though I made a few friends at High School and kinda hid behind them instead... they'd talk and chat all lunch, I'd sit 'in the group' but not really take part, just eat my sandwiches and try and look like I was involved.

Back to the OP... I love NTs. I can't understand the hatred either. My boyfriend is an NT, my family are (except for those that aren't, obviously), my parents are, my friends all are, my workmates are... they're all lovely and I love them to bits. Those that I have told about the AS have been so understanding and sweet about it, and those that haven't done that just don't really care, they just shrug and smile and say "Yeah well, you're still you aren't ya? So what's the big deal?". Bless them.

Oceanlover
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 2:19 pm

Berserker wrote:
What is with the hatred towards NTs? What did they ever do to you?! I can safely say that I was teased by NTs at school. But unlike people on WP, I didn't start hating them.

No offense but I never really got along with NTs; they are always so judgemental; and lack understanding of us Aspies. They are always so quick to punish and condemn others.

This isn't true of all of them.

Fred54
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2008, 3:50 pm

I don't hate NTs, my GF is NT :)
I may have difficulties speaking and chit-chating with them, things like this, but I don't care if they are on the spectrum or not.

Pepperfire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2008, 10:02 pm

When I was a teenager, if I'd known what an NT was, I would have despised them... But then, I despised all children then... still not crazy about them today.

Today, it's difficult to hate someone just because they are what they are... If I'm going to put that much effort into an emotion for someone, I really ought to care about them more than just that.

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2011, 6:55 am

I love my enemies.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 7:03 am

JohnyJohn wrote:
I love my enemies.

That takes a lot of inner strength. I usually like to see such strong qualities for myself before I celebrate them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

jawbrodt wrote:
Alot of them seem to seek out your weaknesses, and prey upon them. :twisted:

And a lot of them don't.

ruveyn

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 9:54 am

ruveyn wrote:
And a lot of them don't.

ruveyn

And most of them do, but then they don't and then they have a reason to and then they don't and some are good but don't do it and some are bad and do do it.