Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 1:22 pm

Yeah, just a thought I had during lunch, it seems like we aspies get along far better with each other than NTs do with each other, plus we have many special abilities NTs do not have. The only reason we have so much trouble is because NTs don't like us being different, besides the sensory stuff. I was thnking: If everyone on earth was aspie, would the world be a better place?

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 4:05 pm

YES and feel we would not continually be put down for just being ourselves...

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 4:10 pm

There are really nice NTs out there, you just have to look for them. You don't need to generalize, though I do agree that I wish that some people would open their hearts towards us Aspies.

sparkman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2008, 4:20 pm

There is one person who really bothers me. He always uses the words "your perceptions" when talking to me. I am made to feel like i dont have a right to my own way of thinking or my opinions are abnormal. I am glad that not all NT's are like this.

11 Mar 2008, 4:26 pm

I've seen bad aspies and bad NTs.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 4:28 pm

You should look at Smelena's title; I don't know if she still has it but it said "Cure Neurotypicals Now!". :)

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2008, 4:29 pm

Never. It is NTs who make the world go round, whether you like it or not, and without them there would be a lot of problems with the world. Besides, there is no "cure" for being NT, and 99% of them are actually wonderful people when you get to know them. I think Aspies have to be more tolerant of those who are actually willing and able to socialize. A world of all Aspies will fall apart very quickly, for many many reasons. And I would physically maim myself if I had none of my NT friends to be with anymore.

Pepperfire
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2008, 4:30 pm

If I don't need to be cured, then the reverse thinking should also apply to NTs.

As my husband and other NT pals of mine often tell me, I don't have a monopoly on being weird.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 4:31 pm

No way. There wouldn't be any strippers if we cured all neurotypicals. I guess it would be okay to exterminate the male NTs, though. :wink: :P

sparkman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2008, 4:43 pm

I think the world would be more straight forward and less complicated if there were only people with Asperger's Syndrome.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 4:58 pm

Cure them? No way, nothing would ever get done. They are the ones with all the organisational skills.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2008, 5:51 pm

It's only a good idea when you're trying to counter all of the "Cure Autism Now" things. But in itself, taking away all neurotypicals would certainly change the world, but not necessarily for the better. I think there ought to be a better balance in the world between Neurotypicals and ASDs, yes, but I don't think one or the other should be eliminated. Both of us have something to bring to the table. One should be open to all of the possibilities.

Everyone knows it's Windy!"

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:23 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
No way. There wouldn't be any strippers if we cured all neurotypicals. I guess it would be okay to exterminate the male NTs, though. :wink: :P

can't a gal dream of STRAIGHT male strippers? or does that have to die too?

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:38 pm

Riddick124 wrote:
Yeah, just a thought I had during lunch, it seems like we aspies get along far better with each other than NTs do with each other

I'm not so sure of that. I have witnessed quite a few clashes between aspies, and have had a few myself. Plus there are plenty of NTs who get along with each other.

Quote:
plus we have many special abilities NTs do not have.

And they have abilities we don't have. Not to mention that not every aspie has every "special ability" in the book.

Quote:
The only reason we have so much trouble is because NTs don't like us being different, besides the sensory stuff.

The "sensory stuff" can be a real hindrance, as can several other AS traits.

Quote:
I was thnking: If everyone on earth was aspie, would the world be a better place?

Hate to say this, but I think there are some things that could not get done efficiently if everybody had AS.

In any case, this just strikes me as another example of the rampant anti-NT sentiment that is uncalled for and isn't going to do one bit of good for us. We need to work towards having NTs understand us and get along with better, not towards getting rid of them.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:39 pm

Hmmmm now how could I be cured :?
I love being a neurotypical :lol:
It is not the NT person that needs to be cured, just their attitudes :)

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2008, 6:51 pm

Mum2ASDboy wrote:
Hmmmm now how could I be cured :?
I love being a neurotypical :lol:
It is not the NT person that needs to be cured, just their attitudes :)

Gah! The attitudes are by far what makes the rest of you seem so disgraceful....

I agree, there's nothing wrong with NTs like there's nothing wrong with AS, they both have something to bring to the table, but the attitudes both have towards each other is, well, disgusting. I've had an issue today with one girl mocking my AS, and by then, I hated her as an NT. We both had fault in hating each other for that reason.

But yes, the attitudesw are disgusting, but otherwise, NTs are pretty cool.

Everyone knows it's Windy!"