Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jonesy
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2008, 8:30 pm

I'm trying to put together a collection of profiles on all kinds of people with some form of autism spectrum disorder. I hope to increase awareness about what people with autism have in common, what they don't, and in general what it means to be autistic. My blog, The Autism Spectrum, is somewhat new, and it could really use some more profiles. Please help me out; you can even be anonymous if you want!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 9:49 am

Through the lens of Autism topic

I checked your website. Are you are student or researcher? What is to be done with this data you collect?

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Jonesy
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2008, 9:21 pm

I'm currently an English teacher in Japan, but I'll soon be going back to Texas where I plan to start graduate studies in linguistics. As an undergraduate, I majored in linguistics and minored in psychology. I'm very interested in developing techniques to help severely affected individuals with autism (such as my brother) improve their ability to communicate.

The data I collect is all public. Anyone can look at it and draw their own conclusions. Keeping in mind that everyone's autism is different, I feel that a collection of individual profiles is a good way to understand ASD.