Page 8 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 8:50 am

Has Jenny ever considered the fact things happen in the womb too? It's not always a perfect place.

What about the women that do things to themselves during pregnancy? Drink, smoke, don't eat some foods that they should (Not saying this causes autism, but it does cause health issues to the fetus that effects its life outside the womb)

Jenny reminds me of a 'soccer mom' and I really don't like soccer moms. Their kid is perfect in everyway. If their kid is in trouble, it's NEVER their fault. My sister-in-law is a soccer mom and reminds me of Jenny. My niece has ADD, and my sister-in-law says she's disabled. I told her that 'what kid dosn't have a lot of energy? I'd be worried if she didn't like to play a lot'

My niece is on drugs now.... she's really not herself while she's on them.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 5:26 pm

Pepperfire wrote:
morning_after wrote:
Pepperfire wrote:
morning_after wrote:
Maxrebo wrote:
Oh sure,what I was saying was that I can't stand the those who are intorerlant because of someones race,religion,ethnic background,gender,sexual preference and now whether or not some has autism or aspergers. I am afraid that in the future that you would go to a resturant and I would have to leave because it was a no aspies establishment. Is it just me but do you think its becoming a trend to say your kid as a form of autism and using bizare methods to try fix them like a diet but thats not gonna fix a brain problem. Its the modern age version of snake oil. I hope this helps ungarble my old post.

Thank you.

I think Autism is what ADD was about ten years ago. ADD was supposed to be an epidemic that needed to be stopped and it seemed like everyone was afraid their child was ADD.

I think a lot of it will pass.

I too think a lot of it will pass... maybe ... only not if those of us who have a voice don't say something. Of that eventuality, I am not convinced.

The number of kids being given ritalin although they are NOT ADD is sad.

It's stuff like that which scares me. Not for me, but for all those kids who will be diagnosed as aspies but who don't NEED chelation therapies and GFCF diets.

you know?

How would you describe chelation therapies?

I would describe them as overkill, not to mention exceedingly dangerous UNLESS the patient was actually diagnosed with heavy metal poisoning.

And even then, it's dangerous and that's why no licensed toxicologist will allow it except in very extreme cases.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2008, 1:07 pm

I going to skip the question of why Larry King had Jenny McCarthy, a Playboy model, and David Kirby, a journalist, squaring off with three medical doctors, and focus on McCarthy, though I'm really not sure why! ...

Horrible smoke screen. She presents a very garbled message to her "followers". Most people will hear "vaccines are bad," "vaccines cause Autism," and "Autism is bad." Some people might hear "Autism is cureable."

Part of the problem with McCarthy is that she's all over the map. Pick something!

Don't like the ingredients in vaccines? Okay. Tell us why.

Don't like the schedule and number of vaccines? If I had to give my kids 36 vaccines, I'd be pissed too! [edit: BTW, I think the transcript is inaccurate. I -think- she says "then give me some measles", not "then give me mumps and measles". It's hard to make out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSSS2BIthcg 1:11. But personally, I would be more than willing to give her mumps and/or measles, so long as she's quaranteened.]

Think diet helped your kid, and think it will work for everyone else's kid? Preach on! (Not that I can afford health food like she can!)

Think behavioral therapy helped your kid, and think it will work for everyone else's kid? Whatever! (Not that I can afford intensive behavioral therapy like she can!)

The other part of the problem is that she's a close-minded, unreasonable, loud mouthed, hipocritical, dumbass b***h. Who knows, one day, maybe we'll find a cure.

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2008, 2:19 pm

Those wondering about her and Drew Carry's stance, can go to http://www.generationrescue.org/.

I do find it interesting that under "treatment", she sums it up herself:

Quote:
1. Bring the toxin load down
2. Help the gut heal
3. Get the nutrients up
4. Get the metals and other toxins out
Couldn't sum it up better myself, short of jumping on Oprah's couch.