Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2009, 9:35 am

Asmodeus wrote:
This is made of win and crudely made sense.

All but few people claim bull, especially adolescents and university students, claim they're this and that, I've seen enough 20-somethings that sit on welfare knowingly (I know two these people) based apon an autism diagnosis, it's digusting.

There are a lot of people out there with real problems, don't misjudge my post, but the vast majority of undiagnosed "I think I have x mental abnormality", or " I have been diagnosed with x mental abnormality, and therefore I don't have to try/should be looked after/can't even attempt to do something, or get a job." Piss me the hell off.

If it soothes you nerves, I was diagnosed, first with AS, then depression, but I don't tell people about it, and I don't think I deserve any different from the next normal person.

Hmmm. Prior to being diagnosed I tried for almost ten years to finds / keep a job and failed despite never giving up hope or goiving up trying.

After the diagnosis, I got my current job through a disability programme and am still there now, five years later. I firmly believe that without my diagnosis I'd still be unemployed now. If someone has a condition that prevents them from fully functioning in the workplace without extrenal support, why shouldn't they be given special help? The idea of such programmes is to get people OFF benefits, not to give them an excuse never to work again.

I don't tell people about AS or depression eitheer, mind - unless I know that also have it themselves.

None of this alters my opinion about Savage either. Even if his arguments about AS were justified - and I don't believe they are - there are still plenty of other valid reasons to label him why he's an annoying wanker.

JohnnyCarcinogen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 2:58 pm

Who the **** is Michael Savage?

(I'm not actually asking, but just trying to show that he's wholly irrelevant in today's modern society, and isn't even on the D-list.)

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2009, 11:11 am

JohnnyCarcinogen wrote:

(I'm not actually asking, but just trying to show that he's wholly irrelevant in today's modern society, and isn't even on the D-list.)

To you or I, that may be true, but unfortunately - like Chris Moyles - he's rather popular and pulls in enough listeners to get his radio and contracts renewed time and time again.

I wish I could be calm and self-possessed enough to ignore people like him completely, but I'm not.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 2:09 pm

If Michael Savage wished to say, Autism is a fraud then, I 'll say, Freemasons are just a mere social gathering group... :lol: :lol:

ProfessorX

JohnnyCarcinogen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 2:40 pm

Locustman wrote:
JohnnyCarcinogen wrote:

To you or I, that may be true, but unfortunately - like Chris Moyles - he's rather popular and pulls in enough listeners to get his radio and contracts renewed time and time again.

I wish I could be calm and self-possessed enough to ignore people like him completely, but I'm not.

Oh, so he's just like that fat b*****d Rush Limbaugh!

Fedaykin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2009, 10:00 am

Not sure if anyone has brought it up, and hoping I'm not going to get a lawsuit headed my way now, but I'm very certain Michael Savage matches the criteria for AS.. He leaves so many clues on his show.

He's mentioned how he always has the same daily routine, how he gets annoyed at everything everyone else is doing when he's eating at a public restaurant. I wonder if I can remember all the things that have struck me as autistic that he's mentioned, must be like 15-20 different things he's described at some point. He rejects all greeting phrases on his show, he gets angry if people start out with "how are you doing" etc. He sometimes points out to his audience that he doesn't have any friends.

The thing that settles it that he had a brother who died young in an institution without ever speaking, most likely a full-blown autism case.. He himself probably has a mild case like we do.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2009, 10:08 am

Funny guy. I actually did have a father that told me to quit whining, straighten my back and stop acting like an over-emotional idiot, but that didn't exactly "cure" me.

Gifted-Monster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 10:08 am

This guy is an idiot.

Yeah, autism can be over-diagnosed. But it's still there.

The sweet irony is that it's people like him that make what he says true.

This guy seems like the sort that'd beat his kid if he had AS.

This guy must be purged with flame and blade!

Regards
GM

15 Jun 2009, 1:46 pm

Daniella wrote:
Funny guy. I actually did have a father that told me to quit whining, straighten my back and stop acting like an over-emotional idiot, but that didn't exactly "cure" me.

Did it work?

15 Jun 2009, 1:49 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
Not sure if anyone has brought it up, and hoping I'm not going to get a lawsuit headed my way now, but I'm very certain Michael Savage matches the criteria for AS.. He leaves so many clues on his show.

He's mentioned how he always has the same daily routine, how he gets annoyed at everything everyone else is doing when he's eating at a public restaurant. I wonder if I can remember all the things that have struck me as autistic that he's mentioned, must be like 15-20 different things he's described at some point. He rejects all greeting phrases on his show, he gets angry if people start out with "how are you doing" etc. He sometimes points out to his audience that he doesn't have any friends.

The thing that settles it that he had a brother who died young in an institution without ever speaking, most likely a full-blown autism case.. He himself probably has a mild case like we do.

That would be funny and ironic if he did have it. I would wonder if he knows he has it or doesn't think he does. Could he have been raised the same way he suggested what you have to do to autistic kids?

Sometimes people grow up thinking of the same actions you do to kids because it was done to them when they were little.

Fedaykin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2009, 2:07 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:

That would be funny and ironic if he did have it. I would wonder if he knows he has it or doesn't think he does. Could he have been raised the same way he suggested what you have to do to autistic kids?

Sometimes people grow up thinking of the same actions you do to kids because it was done to them when they were little.

He seems to be in denial about the existence of AS, he's said that since there's no brain scans or similar that can verify it with accuracy, it doesn't exist. Something that's a bit interesting with his show is that he shares all the thoughts he has, how he views the world, his mental state etc.. I guess that's much of the appeal with the show, his unusual personality. There's extreme amounts of hate in his mind, that's for sure. He constantly talks about how this or that person/group should be punished.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2009, 5:04 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Daniella wrote:

Did it work?

I said it didn't exactly "cure" me, so no, it did not get rid of Asperger's.

16 Jun 2009, 3:24 pm

Daniella wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
Daniella wrote:

Did it work?

I said it didn't exactly "cure" me, so no, it did not get rid of Asperger's.

I guess it's a No then.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 4:43 am

I've found out on the Internet, yesterday that the prick was banned from the UK.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Fedaykin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2009, 8:20 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've found out on the Internet, yesterday that the prick was banned from the UK.

Kind of funny, he ran that story for three weeks straight on his radio show, how he had been victimized and that the US government should intervene on his behalf. He even compared himself to Jesus because of it, here's a quote from his show:

"The English have erected a cross..
They have put it on the avenue..
They've gotten out the spikes..
and they've gotten the barbarians, and they want me on that cross.
The English want to hang me from a cross for your sins.
You may say I'm crazy, I really don't care what you think of me, because I know what is going on."