Page 5 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Verwandlung
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2010, 5:02 pm

Milk is bad for about the same reasons bread is:

1. More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread eaters.

2. Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households score below average on standardized tests.

3. In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home, the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as typhoid, yellow fever and influenza ravaged whole nations.

4. More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread.

5. Bread is made from a substance called "dough." It has been proven that as little as one pound of dough can be used to suffocate a mouse. The average American eats more bread than that in one month!

6. Primitive tribal societies that have no bread exhibit a low occurrence of cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease and osteoporosis.

7. Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and given only water to eat, actually begged for bread after only two days.

8. Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to harder items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter and even cold cuts.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 6:54 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
PETA is right up there with Scientology, I refuse to listen to celebrity dumb enough to be in either organization
Don't forget the Jenny Mcarthy kinds... maybe celebrities should just shut up.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 7:01 pm

Verwandlung wrote:

2. Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households score below average on standardized tests.

3. In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home, the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as typhoid, yellow fever and influenza ravaged whole nations.

4. More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread.

5. Bread is made from a substance called "dough." It has been proven that as little as one pound of dough can be used to suffocate a mouse. The average American eats more bread than that in one month!

6. Primitive tribal societies that have no bread exhibit a low occurrence of cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease and osteoporosis.

7. Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and given only water to eat, actually begged for bread after only two days.

8. Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to harder items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter and even cold cuts.

*applauds*

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 8:59 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
Verwandlung wrote:

*applauds*

M.

*standing ovation*

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 12:05 pm

Jamesongerbil says PETA causes people to bash their heads into the wall.

Last edited by jamesongerbil on 07 Jan 2010, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leschevalsroses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2010, 12:49 pm

Teoka wrote:
PETA and the animal rights movement makes me sick. They are nothing but self-loathing extremists who will do ANYTHING to further their destructive cause.

PETA is not synomynous with the animal rights movement. I'm vegan and very much involved with advocating animal rights but absolutely loath PETA. They believe in the total liberation of animals, i.e. in their mind it's unethical to keep pets or any sort of domesticated animal, and don't believe in breeding any animals at all. They also have killed large amount of animals that they 'rescued'. The thing I hate the most about them is they make people think animal rights activist are as insane and irrational as them. Animal rights isn't about the whole population becoming vegan and setting all the animals free.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 6:20 pm

leschevalsroses wrote:
Teoka wrote:
PETA and the animal rights movement makes me sick. They are nothing but self-loathing extremists who will do ANYTHING to further their destructive cause.

PETA is not synomynous with the animal rights movement. I'm vegan and very much involved with advocating animal rights but absolutely loath PETA. They believe in the total liberation of animals, i.e. in their mind it's unethical to keep pets or any sort of domesticated animal, and don't believe in breeding any animals at all. They also have killed large amount of animals that they 'rescued'. The thing I hate the most about them is they make people think animal rights activist are as insane and irrational as them. Animal rights isn't about the whole population becoming vegan and setting all the animals free.

Peta does not think that keeping animals as pets is wrong. They just want them to be treated humanley. The people who say that are peta extremiests. Just about every anti something group has it's radicals, Peta is one of them. Peta only believes in euthinising animals if they are in extreme incurable pain. Have you even looked at Peta's actual website?

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 9:03 pm

orngjce223 wrote:
How many more times does it need to be said that they're using a logical fallacy??
sweet! someone else loves pointing out logical fallacies! though, it's been a while since i took my casual logic class.

leschevalsroses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2010, 10:56 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Peta does not think that keeping animals as pets is wrong. They just want them to be treated humanley. The people who say that are peta extremiests. Just about every anti something group has it's radicals, Peta is one of them. Peta only believes in euthinising animals if they are in extreme incurable pain. Have you even looked at Peta's actual website?

http://www.virginia.gov/vdacs_ar/cgi-bi ... &year=2006
According to this site, out of 9637 animals that were taken in by PETA, 6575 were reclaimed by their owners, 2981 were euthanized, 46 were transferred, 3 died in facility, and seventeen are still at the shelter. That's a lot of animals that were euthanized. Here's an excerpt from Ingrid Newkirk's blog (found here: http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/03/w ... thaniz.php) where she talks about euthanasia. She says, "Most of the animals we took in and euthanized could hardly be called "pets," as they had spent their lives chained up in the back yard, for instance". Now it's all well and good to humanely euthanize animals that are terminally ill and are experiencing a severe amount of pain, but that quote does not support this. Her definition of what can be called a pet is a little too loose for me. A dog spending his life chained in a backyard does not make him unadoptable, and certainly does not mean that he needs to be euthanized. The vagueness of the types of animals they take into shelters and the high percentage of animals they kill are just too questionable to me.

I thought I read an interview with Ingrid Newkirk where she said that she did not believe animals should be kept as pets. Perhaps I'm wrong. They do, however, not believe in acquiring pets from anywhere other than animal shelters. They bash breeders with tasteless ads such as this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2JuxRdlmA[/youtube]

Oh, and they also support breed bans. Yeah, really there for the animals. :roll:

My point is that PETA's one goal is shock value. People don't want to hear that they're being unethical because they decided to do their research and want a specific breed of dog, or want to raise a puppy. They don't want to hear that they're bad people because they eat meat. Saying such things alienates the general population from the "animal freaks" and doesn't accomplish anything. If they really cared about the animals they would think of better campaigns that talked about more humane ways of killing animals or ethical ways of eating meat or providing people with more information about how to properly find a good breeder or care for their pet. People don't take well to radical ideas being shoved down their throat.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 11:01 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
leschevalsroses wrote:
Teoka wrote:

Most of PETA are extremist. This very bad attempt the thread is dealing with is a sample. The official PETA adverts and many other things. they are officially extremists.

ilivinamushroom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2010, 11:18 pm

Orwell wrote:

This is worth reading , seriously disturbing never would have imagined stuff PETA kills 90% of the animals in its shelter who cares about animals its all about money.

Ledvia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2010, 4:22 am

PETA is like crack...

its wack xD

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2010, 10:16 am

peta...what do they know? they were pissed at obama for killing a fly for christ's sake!

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 8:23 pm

Have you even looked at Peta's actual website?

I suspect no :roll:

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 6:32 am

I have. I have also seen the truth, eg:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/892678/

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 7:03 am

Autism is a brain disorder that causes sufferers to have extreme difficulty communicating and relating to others. It is often marked by anti-social behavior like screaming and obsessive repetition of actions, which takes an enormous emotional toll on sufferers and their families. PETA has created a billboard to alert the public to the connection between this devastating disease and dairy-product consumption.

great more false information about autism :roll: .. this shoots them down without the other **** they've down.. i say we get them Autism Speaks and the phelps family and get rid of them..

they are making autism out to be a bad thing just to prove a stupid point.

also you CAN'T aviod sufering... buiding houses, farms.. towns, cities.. mining and cutting down trees all causes suffering to animals and this is without earing them.