Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm

See here.

I should sue my local dairy. :roll:

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 10:45 pm

I'm an animal welfare advocate and vegan - don't trust anything PETA says - they started out as a good organization but I wouldn't give them a cent now.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 11:16 pm

I find PETA to be very obnoxious.

It certainly does not strike me as an organization that actually does anything to help stop the suffering of animals. It seems to to be more interested in getting as much attention as possible.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 11:58 pm

Well I thought PETA couldn't go any lower, but they've astounded me yet again. Who cares if thousands of parents think they're setting their child up to have Autism, cause they let their kid drink milk? Just another PETA stunt proving that animals mean far more to them, than anyone of their own species. They just don't give a damn. They'll hurt whoever they have to just to save some animals lives. I don't mean this in offense to vegans, I mean this in that PETA can't abuse people to make their point. Absolutely immoral and just plain rotten. And I thought Holocaust on Your Plate was the worst they could come up with. Just un-freaking-believable.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 12:03 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
Just another PETA stunt proving that animals mean far more to them, than anyone of their own species.

I think they care more about getting media attention for themselves than for animals or for others of their own species.

I'm frankly not at all convinced that PETA is in it for the animals.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 2:23 am

PETA kills animals.
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Nachtus01
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2008, 2:26 am

Great, let em cure cancer, then we can talk.

http://asirony.blogspot.com/

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 3:37 am

If peta says its true, then you KNOW its a lie!

Locally, here is one of their "crusades". They sent two beautiful bimbos to a local reptile shop where this 18 year old guy worked. They teased and flirted with him until he finally made inappropriate comments and did some inappropriate things. They got him to talk about how he euthanizes sick snakes. Once they got him to say enough, they called the law and had him arrested for animal cruelty. That's a felony here. He spend several days in jail and lost hist job. Fortunately, the judge threw out the charges and set him free, but those of you who get peta's literature will likely soon be reading about the two peta representatives that rescued a store full of reptiles from the horrendous treatment they were getting. Of course, they were being treated just fine, but peta will try to make it sound otherwise.

Like I said: If peta says its true, then you KNOW its a lie!

Alaras
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2008, 4:02 am

Thankfully, I'm working on getting that bullcrap billboard taken down, by going after their financial backers (Glasner Foundation, which is PETA's biggest sugar daddy, and the CEO of Real, who is the primary financier for Glasner, and probably others when I find the contact info). They'll take it down in the hopes that people won't see them for the vile scum they are.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 6:48 am

Interesting theory from PETA there... Funny because I drank only Mommy's milk and went onto soya milk and still became autistic... Guess they need to find something else to blame it for!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 7:03 am

LOL that is such BS, god people can churn out s**t

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 10:04 am

To me, the real problem with PETA started when one of the co-founders quit about 10 years ago - he seemed to really keep the organization under control - and he quit because he felt like it was getting out of control - and it has just spiraled downhill from there . . .

Orwell, do you know who the backer of 'PETA kills animals' is? I can't find it - I'd really like to support them, but not if their backer is the Safari Club or something . . .

I agree about the media attention stuff - it is so sad because people and animals suffer.

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2008, 2:56 pm

strange, i drink a lot of milk, and people usually tell me that i dont seem autistic to them. i guess liqourice gives me kidney failures too, and overuse of water can make my arms fall off.

i dont know what theese guys smoked, and im not sure i really want to know

aazisook1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2008, 3:27 pm

:roll:

Yeah, and meat is murder, we get it. PETA will say anything (or do anything) to get attention from people. I like milk. And meat. And animal products. The sad part is that PETA is probably saying this because they think parents don't want to have autistic children. So if they say something like "beef causes downs syndrome", it's going to cause vegetarianism to rise.

I have clear evidence that joining PETA makes you a pompous, righteous, douchebag. numbers and everything. Will that convince anybody to break out the steak knives?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 7:15 pm

Ok. First they tell us all to switch to breast milk, now they want to blame autism on cows milk? If cows milk did cause autism, the whole motherf**king planet would be a member here, because EVERYBODY DRINKS IT. Nuh-uh. These guys rank right up there with McCarthy and Savage on the stupidity spectrum.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 8:59 pm

dougn wrote:
See here.

I should sue my local dairy. :roll:

can u send me the link to the exact article