Page 4 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

MadAme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2008, 12:05 pm

PETA can just go. They're so full of $#!+, they stink.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 7:59 pm

Jenk wrote:
They're either confused or more likely being purpousfully ignorant, scare mongering, very effective results no doubt.

Milk amoung other Casein containing dairy products seem to result in detremental symptoms for many Autistic individuals (Intolerance, allergy, leaky gut, opiate effect blah.) Thus this part is true "A link between dairy-free diets and improved autism symptoms."

Of course it doesn't cause it, however, avoiding dairy (milk in stints) growing up turned out to have legitimate explanations and proved a shrewd move for one so young.

Mostly I am glad I live in the UK. Our worst advertisments tend to be compensation based - "Have YOU had an accident in the last five months. WE can get YOU the money you deserve!" Not targetting disabled communities to advertise erroneous corporate beliefs.

See, I don't think the casein or gluten itself causes autism, nonetheless the ethyl mercury in the thimerosal, if that was true that components like that cause autism, then many more people would've been in the spectrum. I think there's a genetic component somewhere that lends a hand to having food intolerances and worsening of symptoms with environmental triggers. Perhaps those of us in the spectrum might lack the ability to remove some substances, whereas others bodies easily can? Perhaps those of us who are in the spectrum lack the enzymes to metabolize things? I don't know.

I think a lot of corruption and bias does happen in the science community when it comes to autism, and instead of doing meaningful empirical studies, people are too busy thwarting things and fighting each other.

ixochiyo_yohuallan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 5:41 am

Curiouser and curiouser.

First it was vaccines, then candida, then rubella, then gluten/casein products, now milk specifically. What will be next? Air?

Last edited by ixochiyo_yohuallan on 19 Oct 2008, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aegis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2008, 5:37 pm

That's ridiculous. Cows have to be milked. Otherwise, they get sick and experience severe pain. This just shows how little PETA knows about animals.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 5:39 pm

ever wanted to bath in one of those big milk vats?

Hurricane_Delta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2008, 12:59 pm

Eggman wrote:
ever wanted to bath in one of those big milk vats?

Ewww..... :eew:

But in all seriousness, PETA is a piece of work, a not in a good way.

But I hate Scientology and PETA equally, and there should go down this Highway

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2010, 6:10 pm

Peta are sick b%$£!@ds who will say anything to get what they want. They sent needles infected with aids to a scientists children. We're not evil. They are.

Whatever PETA say it's a load of crap, foxes eat rabbits.... they don't mind.... we eat a rabbit.... OH GOOD GOD WE'RE SAVAGES WHO SHOULD BE KILLED!! !!

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 6:44 pm

I find this horribly offensive.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 10:15 am

Nah, It's STARING AT THE MOON which causes Autism!

The [PETA] blog post is here, if anyone wants to see it.

Oh, and I'd love to bathe in a bath of milk, by the way.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2010, 10:20 am

I drank milk everyday before bedtime for a couple of years as a kid and I turned out NT :D

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 12:29 pm

Oh great. Maybe we need to put you on a milk free diet, so you can be normal like the rest of us.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2010, 12:37 pm

Funnily enough, I only drink soy milk now :P

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

dsfargeg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2010, 1:49 pm

Check out this twist of logic gais:

Autistic children have been found to have trouble digesting bovine milk due to frequent gastrointestinal problems. They have been shown to experience great relief when switching to soy milk.

Therefore, milk causes autism!

Now, excuse me while I chug a glass of whole milk. Image

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 11:05 pm

Cow's milk, espicaly that loaded with artificial hormones isn't the best but I can't see how it can cause autism. I know people who have drank it their whole life and are NT.

violet_yoshi wrote:
Well I thought PETA couldn't go any lower, but they've astounded me yet again. Who cares if thousands of parents think they're setting their child up to have Autism, cause they let their kid drink milk? Just another PETA stunt proving that animals mean far more to them, than anyone of their own species. They just don't give a damn. They'll hurt whoever they have to just to save some animals lives. I don't mean this in offense to vegans, I mean this in that PETA can't abuse people to make their point. Absolutely immoral and just plain rotten. And I thought Holocaust on Your Plate was the worst they could come up with. Just un-freaking-believable.

If it was not for Peta, car companies would still be killing pigs and monkeys instead of crash test dummies and they got Pom Wonderful to stop animal testing in just a few weeks. Peta has some extrimests in their midsts but sometimes that's the only way you can get across to some people. Hey animals mean more to me than people and I would rather save an animal than a person. But then I was never a people person.

dalekaspie
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2010, 2:46 pm

lol i respected PETA at first, but now i agree with south park

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 3:08 pm

PETA is right up there with Scientology, I refuse to listen to celebrity dumb enough to be in either organization