Page 6 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 8:06 am

Every bite of food you eat causes pain and death to living beings! Everyone must stop!

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 11:29 am

I support a different kind of PETA . . .

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

:chef: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao:

guineapigirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Feb 2010, 5:02 pm

This is just PETA's way of exploiting every group they can. First it was women, then the Jews, and now it's Autistics.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 10:15 am

Hmmm I'll really look forward to make and eat some autistic pancakes today... :D :chef:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 6:34 pm

they really cared about the animals they would think of better campaigns that talked about more humane ways of killing animals or ethical ways of eating meat or providing people with more information about how to properly find a good breeder or care for their pet. People don't take well to radical ideas being shoved down their throat.

If you checked out their website or did a Google "Peta victories" you'd soon realise they do in fact do this. Their ultimate goal is abolitionism so that's where they direct most of their resources.

Why do people get their information second hand from the right wing press? Better to get it from the horses mouth yes?

Though I do agree they go to far with this BS, their not helping the cause when they pedal a falsehood.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 6:38 pm

My problem is that lying is counterproductive. When lies are found out or when they are patently obvious, then you get a backlash. Lying causes far more damage than good. People will switch off to your message and worse still, ignore anybody who is coming from a similar point of view in the future.

Yes and no, the MLA have been doing it for decades . Hasn't harmed their cause has it :?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 6:47 pm

Hey animals mean more to me than people and I would rather save an animal than a person. But then I was never a people person.

:) your are 8)

Relyt22

04 Feb 2010, 8:05 pm

The Penn & Teller BS episode on PETA pretty much nailed it. They put up an animal shelter just to kill animals, and donate money to Animal Liberation Front (ALF) so they can blow up buildings where products are tested on animals... which is basically funding terrorists.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 4:05 pm

Hm. I only drink rice milk. Still autistic.
*yawn*

sovereign254

06 Feb 2010, 2:38 am

PETA says a lot of things that aren't true. End of story I guess.

For example, my dad just turned 62 yesterday, he's been drinking cow's milk for most of that time and he doesn't have autism?

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2010, 6:29 am

Haven't read the whole thread, just wanted to point out that PETA are the autism speaks of the animal rights world. When they came over to the UK everyone in animal advocacy groaned because we knew they'd ruin everything. For example, they started giving out fur coats to the homeless, saying that they wanted people to associate fur with people who were the lowest rung in society, so that the rich wouldn't buy it. Why not just hand out yellow stars? It was contemptuous of human beings. I remember cheering when I heard a homeless man in Liverpool on the radio, being offered a fur coat, say, "no thank you, I'm vegan, I'd rather freeze."

Peta came over here, not understanding the British at all, imposing their media slick phoniness on a complex set of issues, and they've succeeded in making AR look ridiculous. Autism Speaks is doing the same thing over here as well... we've got perfectly good advocacy groups here, we don't need AS. But I imagine they'll do a Peta, and trample all over other people's good works.

Sickening.

sErgEantaEgis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jul 2010, 7:06 pm

Magneto wrote:
Nah, It's STARING AT THE MOON which causes Autism!

The [PETA] blog post is here, if anyone wants to see it.

Oh, and I'd love to bathe in a bath of milk, by the way.

Queen Cleopatra of Egypt bathed herself in milk in order to preserve her youth and her beauty...

...I wonder if it worked :chin: ? Tough one thing for sure,she must have smelled AWFUL!

sErgEantaEgis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jul 2010, 7:20 pm

Magneto wrote:
Nah, It's STARING AT THE MOON which causes Autism!

The [PETA] blog post is here, if anyone wants to see it.

Oh, and I'd love to bathe in a bath of milk, by the way.

Queen Cleopatra of Egypt bathed herself in milk in order to preserve her youth and her beauty...

...I wonder if it worked :chin: ? Tough one thing for sure,she must have smelled AWFUL!

MolochTheBlackFlame
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jul 2010, 7:27 pm

PETA should join with the Daily Mail in Britain. I am pretty sure any food group in this world can be shown to give you cancer or autism if they combined their investigative powers.

jaspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jul 2010, 6:14 am

PETA quoting "Cow's milk causes autism."Cows don't speak for PETA neither do autistic people.

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 7:04 am

PETA makes me want to eat meat, and I'm a vegetarian.