Page 3 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 7:08 pm

Just a note: "The center for consumer freedom" is actually a conglomerate of meat corporations. I love to eat meat, and think PETA's are wackos (specially mad at this whole cow milk giberish) but the CCF is not exactly the least biased source of information out there.

Alaras
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2008, 12:07 am

Just heard via ASAN that PETA has decided to take down the ad after various autistic rights groups pressured them, spearheaded by ASAN. They still haven't retracted their lie that cow's milk causes autism.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 4:25 pm

Alaras wrote:
Just heard via ASAN that PETA has decided to take down the ad after various autistic rights groups pressured them, spearheaded by ASAN. They still haven't retracted their lie that cow's milk causes autism.

They probably never will, either. Muleheadedness and idiocy are two human traits that should not be combined, and PETA has both.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

orngjce223
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2008, 9:08 pm

They said -

"Researchers found that when dairy products were removed from autistic children’s diets, their behavior improved significantly."

That's what they use to back it up, but y'know that's a fallacy - "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" - "after this, therefore because of this". Which is incorrect.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 8:06 am

Quote:
yeh and goats milk causes schizophrenia...not lol

Oh no! I'm seeing purple elephants and everyone is talking about me...

Not...

Nameless
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2008, 11:27 pm

Just ignore this s**t. Does anyone even take PETA seriously anymore?

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2008, 12:58 am

No they don't, and that's the problem that a lot of animal rights activists have now. People have just tuned out to the whole cause, on account of the unscrupulous actions of one group of nutters.

sebbs
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2008, 7:23 am

orngjce223 wrote:
They said -

"Researchers found that when dairy products were removed from autistic children’s diets, their behavior improved significantly."

wow, and i thought i was lactos intolerance.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:01 am

orngjce223 wrote:
They said -

That's what they use to back it up, but y'know that's a fallacy - "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" - "after this, therefore because of this". Which is incorrect.

We all know however that autism is not caused by milk, gluten etc. these things can aggravate the GI track of some autistic people which causes their symptoms to get worse because they are stressed.

Would you really want to socialize if you felt diarrhea was about to bust out the back door? Would you be happy if it felt like your about to puke all over the place?

sebbs

11 Oct 2008, 6:10 am

philosopherBoi wrote:
orngjce223 wrote:
They said -

We all know however that autism is not caused by milk, gluten etc. these things can aggravate the GI track of some autistic people which causes their symptoms to get worse because they are stressed.

Would you really want to socialize if you felt diarrhea was about to bust out the back door? Would you be happy if it felt like your about to puke all over the place?

not me,

but then again when i drink milk/eat enormous amounts of chocolate it feels like someone is stabbing me from within.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 3:53 am

being concevied causes it...ban unprotected sex!

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 8:44 am

orngjce223 wrote:
They said -

Now when they say "researchers" do they mean "Wikipedia vandalism"?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 5:00 pm

PETA can suck an egg and go poo.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 5:07 pm

PETA can go commit bestiality.

orngjce223
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2008, 9:59 pm

DocStrange wrote:
orngjce223 wrote:
They said -

Now when they say "researchers" do they mean "Wikipedia vandalism"?

LOL. I used to be on Wikipedia a lot...

Back on topic. No, it's something that involves gastrointestinal difficulties. (As well as, possibly, other reactions, like in my younger brother's [HFA] case.) Hardly something that two people say is true. :D

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 6:36 am

f**k PETA they don't know what they talkin about.