Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 10:21 am

I have taken to studying this interesting young woman with AS named Lisa. I know that she does have AS though as I saw her in an issue of Autism Ontario and out of curiosity ended up facebooking her name. Part of me wants to get in contact with her in order to tell her that I relate to her and understand her, but another part of me says that it would be far too stalker-ish to do so.

She has this extremely fascinating world full of creatures called "Niggies" that she can see with her mind's eye. She reminds me SO much of me as a small child where I would often create parallel universes which I used to in order to make sense of the real world, often borrowing and incorporating things from existing media and making it my own. Instead of making up celebrities, bands and public figures of her own for this universe, she uses ones that already exists that she enjoys, such as "Niggi Green Day" and draws some of her favorite celebrities as niggies. I can sense that her imagination is extremely vivid, just like when mine was when I was a kid: where I would picture endless scenarios about my own imaginary friends.

The fact that she promotes this obsession all over the internet, has endless websites dedicated to her special interest, and has created sockpuppet accounts on facebook and youtube representing various Niggies has made her a target of intense ridicule. As well, she believes in these creatures (which is understandable, I mean, i would too if their presence in my mind was that great) and is dedicated to others searching for the truth. She's into conspiracy theories and the like, which just adds to more people dismissing her entirely.

Her youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/superlisamcb

Lisa has become such a source of ridicule and mockery that recently she acquired a page on Encyclopedia Dramatica:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Superlisamcb

Usually, I love sites like ED, but the way they were dismissing her creativity as her being "batshit insane" is just cruel, and I could feel my heart breaking for her. People on the internet are diagnosing her as having schizotypal personality disorder, which doesn't really make sense to me as this disorder and AS are different things and can't really overlap. I just think that she has an extremely vivid imagination, which can be a good thing in some aspects, but can be detrimental when others aren't as keen in understanding this part of herself.

Opinions? Thoughts? Etc?

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 12:34 pm

Getting the gigglies topic

Perhaps n-iggies was an unfortunate choice. What about Miggies? Too late now. :lol:

This sort of animation is not to my taste, but no one deserves to be ridiculed and bullied. :?

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

AngryRobotsInc
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

Taking other people's work, or images, coloring over them with pink in MS Paint, and claiming it as one's own creation doesn't exactly strike me as creative in the least. She also seems obsessed with sex and drugs, far more than anything else.

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2010, 7:40 pm

She actually sees these unfortunetly names creatures? Sounds like schizophrenia.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 8:07 pm

Hey - I got your message, and I will reply to it ASAP after I do my exam tomorrow. I should get back to studying, but felt like I had to reply to this.

I've never considered it to be creativity, but I did something similar. I used to be obsessed with a cartoon character and drew many, many copies of it on paper, which I then cut out, glued together, and made imaginary scenarios with. I also drew people a lot, who were usually my takes on real people I knew. Often. these people would be a combination of parts of many different people that are the things I distinguished these people by, things that I focused on when I saw these people and what I distinguished them by. I was more of a reader than an artist, though, but I can relate to this thought process.

I, too, feel like I need to spend some time with her and see what other things about her I could relate to. I also don't see the reason why you like ED. That website is offensive and disguisting, period.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 1:58 pm

I've had a look at these Niggie things and they kind of remind me of Fraggles for some reason. They seem kind of creative and interesting, but then again, she says that they are real entities that only she can communicate with. I don't doubt that she's on the spectrum, but I wonder if her family have ever attempted to see if this is just an overactive imagination or if she has schizophrenia (or something similar).

Anyway, I think she should channel her obsession in formal art classes. Not that I'm attacking her - it just would be interesting to see a photorealistic Niggie.

When I was a child, I used to take imaginary stuff way too far and freak people out because of it. Perhaps Lisa is doing the same, otherwise she is hallicinating these things. Either way, I don't find her amusing at all but rather I am very concerned for her. I wonder if her family have ever addressed this?

superlisamcb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2010, 7:54 pm

It's me Superlisamcb....thanks so much for the kind support!! !

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 4:55 pm

superlisamcb wrote:
It's me Superlisamcb....thanks so much for the kind support!! !

Anytime! Also WOW that the actual Lisa posted: (I read that you found WP on your deviantart page) and I must say that I'm a little starstruck: you're a bit of a pseudo-celebrity in my world. :P I get people obsessions a lot...especially with others with AS and especially if they're interested in things that are out of the ordinary.

Just so you know, you are an incredibly inspiring and amazing young woman and I think the world that you perceive is so fascinating. It is very similar to a world I immersed myself in as a kid, and for this reason I feel like I really relate to you. :)

Feel free to make more posts here on Wrong Planet: you are very unique and insightful. I'm sure you'll be very appreciated here. I know it can be hard to have people understand and relate to your ideas (I still struggle with this even today) but I'm sure you will meet many people here who will share an open mind and open ears. You've already met one! :P

> Anneurysm*

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 5:25 pm

MindBlind wrote:
Anyway, I think she should channel her obsession in formal art classes. Not that I'm attacking her - it just would be interesting to see a photorealistic Niggie.

When I was a child, I used to take imaginary stuff way too far and freak people out because of it. Perhaps Lisa is doing the same, otherwise she is hallicinating these things. Either way, I don't find her amusing at all but rather I am very concerned for her. I wonder if her family have ever addressed this?

She does have Aspergers. I did see her in an issue of an Autism publication in my country. She also uses a variety of mediums to create the creatures: including several computer programs...but I don't think she's done any formal training. I think something like that would be both rewarding and beneficial for her.

The point I was trying to make was that when I was a kid, my imaginary worlds were so real and vivid that it was so hard NOT to believe in them, and I think that's what the deal is with superlisamcb. If something is that vivid and obvious in her mind: it makes sense for her to believe in it.

I did the same when I was a child but no one ever questioned it because I was a child and she is 18, so people assume that the person is delusional and thus all other possibilities are ruled out. I think it's the obsessional qualities of AS coupled with a vivid visual perception and a little understood creative streak that makes her the way she is. I just hate how everyone else just assumes that she's insane without considering how her AS qualities could simply give everyone that suggestion.

The distinction between AS and schizophrenia is that these things tend to cancel each other out and do not overlap (according to the DSM, anyway). She seems very grounded despite this obsession though: another result in searching for her name led to her high school newsletter: where she received an award for being kind and charitable to others and a mention that she was on the honor roll for the whole time she was there. So she is very grounded in reality as she is aware of others and able to succeed in things that she may not entirely be interested in.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 6:17 pm

Ah, The Internet.

The largest study of the creative reports that having your own world, many with a language, history, culture, is common in highly creative children, and continues into adult life.

Now that we have brain scans, it has been found the same process that creates music, also is used in engineering problems.

Creative people are not left or right brained, they use both, play back and forth, which projects an image in the space between, an inturnal world, which is the space for creative problem solving.

Creative children create an inner world taking parts from the outside, so they can run it and see what happens. To them, life is an art class.

Tracked from childhood for over 40 years now, the study concludes that the ability to use left, and right brains, the space between, predicted very high end results, they did well in life, reaching the top of fields.

The problem of course is it is only a very small percent, as almost all are stuck in right or left, and can not generate in the space between.

Predictably, one group calls for structure to be imposed, art classes, doctors, drugs, to cure the problem of creativity. The other group calls for destruction, confinement, torture, burning at the stake.
These groups do well in Psychology and Religion, as both have zero acceptance of worldviews beyond their own. As Natures random Meatbag, or Gods perfect creation, they have one view, one answer, that fits all.

For the less advanced, creative is just Batshit Crazy, as they, and no one they know, ever had an idea.

Forty years of study show that creative is a fully functioning brain, what a working model would look like. The reason most of our culture thinks in terms of ridicule and cure, is because 98% do not have a functioning human brain.

That is, their entire world view and life only uses a small part. They can be left or right, but the part that makes full color 3-D pictures is between left and right functioning together.

Brain scans show this, most have dead cells, barely function, run on one pole, and are sure that is all there is to life, and anyone who claims more, is, or should be, on drugs. It is not Hallucinating, it is called Thinking!

We let these people vote?

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2010, 4:55 am

What a coincidnece. for much of my young adult hood, I lived in a fictional world too, Except I called it my body, based on those living creatures inside a human body. (see osmosis Jones). and I functioned as the "elected" representitive of a complex democracy, or failed state, on the verge of civil war (that whole yin yan battle of personal morals). If I was slipping to say the dark side of the force. i'd say that the country was descending into anarchy. (It even went as far as total civil war, where I in the real time, had a dual personality like ANY politician. If times were good, (say like the Clinton or even the Regan adminstration). then Caseyland would be recovering out of political strife.

Caseyland was even a Mormon kingdom for 4 years (very stable) years. It one were to wikipedia a country, and study it's history. One would see multiple governments, especially china. There were times when the economic excess was total whoredom of drugs and unhealthy living. (smokes, booze), Well who ever reads my diary would be like WTF?!?!? As I shift from the President of the republic of Caseyland often. As I learned about Freud, I just called this a self defense mechanism.

Then I guess I just finally outgrew this imaginary world. But this metaphore was sure fun. I called my Car, the HMS Caseyland, or Caseyland-1. (1990 Hyundai Sonata) IT followed a similar path as Israel's. With the Hannaga revolutionaries, fighting and connecting loosely confederated communities. I think as a kid I started an imaginary "group" hey it was the 80s, and A-Team was popular. I called this group the "Strykers" (because I was like 12 and didn't know how to spell). The colours, was actually a "Slytheren, or Trodgor S-Snake". but again a chlidish kiddy drawing. And again I was this groups only operative. As I didn't have the imagination to even conjure up Hannibal, Face, BA, and Murdock. Lol. I was a very very lonely kid. I am a very very lonely man.
Didn't think much of the S team after that, it was just a joke. But I think I'll tie it into my Caseyland delusion.

The Caseyland politics mirrored many contemporary politics of the 20th century Earth, As I learned more, I could work with more to feed and expand this fantasy. Which ranged from Lion King (cat Empire based on Star Trek. that is If I'm read my diary properly I had really Shi- hand writing back then. Which I wrote about an imaginary war, against my bullies, regarding them as leaders of fictional antagonistic nations, bent on Caseylander's destruction, but in the real world. I just kept my head down, didn't draw attention to myself, suffered horrific indignities. In the Caseyland universe. It would be viewed as suffering an invasion but resisting. I knew much about WWII and the Marquie, and communism appealed to me latter in High School. (at first as a juvineil act of rebellion that the teachers didn't like it), so Caseyland should adopt a communist stance. (or Catland), again during this time of early to mid adolencense, the concept of Caseyland wasn't fully devloped. I didn't know what to call this political entity (since Star Trek was wrapping up, I based the "resistance" on Bajor).

I went to a youth experience called Katimavik, because I was just so weird, Autistic and in hind sight I should have just stuck with the program. But This was my ACTUAL first time with friends. The term "Caseyland" first came out. as a joke. But it took on new life, and actually embodied my world for the past 10 years. I guess this year I just out grew it.

But if I'm reading my notes carefully: Caseyland was a tropical country with snow capped provinces, high altitude, and abundant resources, friendly people, which is still a developing country. It was a dictatorship, Communist,monarchy, a therocracy, and now an anarchist society, (as the "central government" doesn't exist because I just don't want to play this silly game). It was very antagonistic and xenophobic, reclusive comparable to North Korean or other mysterious countries. It has worked with foreign Aid, and has done things to help it's economy and intrastructure repair, but years of warfare (the whole the world is against me, feeling of Autism). Caseyland was a very unfriendly place, full of misery, and relied on toxic industries (using smokes, and booze, and weed, to help during the painful transitions in life). But Caseyland is a nation on the brink of recovery, and humanitarianism. It wants to be a humanitarian country, a country of friendliness (many countries seek this, and have very rocky transitions). Caseyland is recovering from a 25+ year old civil war, which seems to have concluded (some civil wars on Earth are still ongoing, the most recent the Tamil Tigers). Caseyland has fair elections, but occasional strife still exists among the various parties. A coalition government is inevitable, (Canada has suffered THREE consecutive (well the next election counting). But all parties have accord on priority projects: Education, industrialization and modernization. Through the troubles Caseyland has managed to achieve key objectives, the upgrading of energy production from toxic smog industries (ciggeates, or toxic alcoholic based industries). I take goood care of my health. (I occasionally do slip to laziness and junk food ness).

The objectives, is to ensure the peaceful growth and transition of Caseyland into a vibrant economic nation that provides (I want to be a dad and a person who gives back to the world) and has achieved 50+ donations of life water to needy nations (I gave 50+ pints of my blood). Bone Marrow to save a failed state Connieland (I gave bone marrow to a terminal patient, if I don't do anything in life, At least I did that. Like I gave death a good kick in the nuts. I melvined Death like Bill and Ted did! Caseyland industries have helped clothe the poor, feed the hungry, and bring joy to children. ( I volunteered at the homeless shelter, and bough them underware from my own pocket, and helped raise money for toys (video games DVDs stuffies, etc for sick children ward in a hospital), and helped raise money for a well, and an orphanage. (With Can money, I worked at a gas station, and helped the enviroment). At the olympics I helped make Germany team visitors feel friendly. Like I gave them this patch off my olympic jacket as a souvineer, ha ha ha). Researched information about people, and put it in with the temple records. And Caseyland is a popular tourist destination for regular visitors. Translation when people get to really know me. Then they say I'm a joy to be around, on and off the net. (I often go to exmormon.org, and I'm quite a well loved poster there, or fond of poster).

After esteem building objectives have been met, it is doubtful the people of Caseyland wish for a poltical system in the foreseeable future, and the government, the ego (parlament) has been dissolved. Despite these improvements in the country, Caseyland still is a backwards country, unindustralized compared to more industralised countries (most of my peers have families and careers now, my younger kin have graduated now).

Then I search on the internet that fellow creative people have also indulged in such fantasies. But they go further than I do, they create artifacts they describe the citizens of their world, say the Niggies. I have yet to actually see a Caseylander. Despite being their leader for 10 years. Well no. I actually drew a Caseyland flag. (It has undergone many flag changes with each successive regime change). All that would attest to this screwed up country's existance are just journals. But I guess that's how it is with any country, all the clothing, buildings and tools, instruments, and vibrant things that brought a civilzation to life, (ie food), only exist as some crazy scratches on some tablete....

ha ha ha. I'm screwed up no?

superlisamcb2
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2010, 1:04 pm

It's me superlisamcb, I forgot the password to my other account so I made a new one. I am so glad I have found this website where people will understand me in a honest sense. I have a great loving family who care for me a lot, and it upsets me how some people think because I see these Niggies, I must be lonely or abused. It sickens me how people think that way, without thinking of other factors. I am happy that I can see the Niggies, because it's something different and out of the ordinary. The Niggies also taught me very wonderful things about life and how to see the good in people. I am sick of people thinking I have schizophrenia.....I just see more than what I am told to see.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 4:43 pm

superlisamcb2 wrote:
It's me superlisamcb, I forgot the password to my other account so I made a new one. I am so glad I have found this website where people will understand me in a honest sense. I have a great loving family who care for me a lot, and it upsets me how some people think because I see these Niggies, I must be lonely or abused. It sickens me how people think that way, without thinking of other factors. I am happy that I can see the Niggies, because it's something different and out of the ordinary. The Niggies also taught me very wonderful things about life and how to see the good in people. I am sick of people thinking I have schizophrenia.....I just see more than what I am told to see.

well now, people are telling you that you see 'Niggies' what does that mean? :?

superlisamcb2
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2010, 4:48 pm

I'm not sure if I get what you are saying LeekDuck.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 4:53 pm

superlisamcb2 wrote:
I'm not sure if I get what you are saying LeekDuck.

Well you just went on about how you love not being what people dont expect you to be, but now they expect you to be what you are being

superlisamcb2
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2010, 8:43 pm

I am who I am!