Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 5:20 pm

MemberSix is not a troll. :roll:

-Pythagoras

lucy1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2008, 5:22 pm

He simply has a different point of view, and he has the courage to speak his mind (from what I have seen).

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 5:46 pm

HarryWilliams wrote:
It's time this troll was put on a starvation diet.

Sinsboldly, if you've got anytime have a look through his posts. They show a consistent and repeated patten of trouble making. This boy's got some serious issues that can't be explained by AS. Personality Disorder maybe?

I don't think it's appropriate that he's allowed to remain a member of a board with so many vulnerable members.

Still hacking people's accounts, Williams ?

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2008, 5:56 pm

This is disgusting and sick -there are other ways of getting help for your child if you yourself cannot. Killing your child is despicable. It is also a misrepresentation of autistics.

HarryWilliams
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Dec 2008, 5:59 pm

ahh...erm... Is that an accusation of criminal activity?

I think we're going to have to report it to the police. After all, someone like myself, who, during the course of their work which brings them in to contact with many vulnerable people, should not be in their jobs if they are engaged in criminal activity.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 6:03 pm

And this, folks, is why I would choose adoption if I ever wanted kids. I can definitely picture myself breaking down and doing the same thing this father did if I was stuck with a high maintenance autie child that I knew could never be cured.

MissConstrue wrote:
I've seen violent children without autism get treated better than this.

Maybe because most violent children are violent because of something the parents think they can solve? (lack of discipline, abuse, etc)

Whereas the parents would feel powerless if the violence is because of something that can't be cured. That must be extremely frustrating.

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 6:08 pm

HarryWilliams wrote:
ahh...erm... Is that an accusation of criminal activity?

I think we're going to have to report it to the police. After all, someone like myself, who, during the course of their work which brings them in to contact with many vulnerable people, should not be in their jobs if they are engaged in criminal activity.

[edited for content by sinsboldly]

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 11:15 pm

Ok, I may not be a moderator, but I am fed up with this. MemberSix and HarryWilliams, do yourselves a favor and PLEASE SHUT UP.

....Ok, now listen to this. Everyone has opinions. Everyone has the right to express their opinions. And everyone, believe it or not, has the right to criticize the opinions of others, just as those people have the right to defend their opinions. What you DON'T have the right to personally attack someone's character because of their opinions. If you disagree with someone, you have the right to explain exactly why you believe their opinion is wrong, and vice versa. That DOES NOT MEAN you are right and the other is wrong, or vice versa. It's why it's called an opinion and not a fact. Now here is the ultimatum. If you wish to continue this debate without censorship, the BOTH of you will cease any and all personal attacks and limit the subject of your discussion to the topic at hand and ONLY the topic at hand. I may not be a moderator, but I know quite a few of them on here and trust me I can raise enough hell about this to get this topic locked and the both of you tossed out of WrongPlanet on your virtual asses. I don't want to, I know what it's like to be excluded, which is why I suggest just going with this and keeping your attitudes to yourself. We like debate here, but we despise those who take their debates to the personal level.

Keep it clean, keep it friendly, and you'll be fine. Else, may God have mercy on you, because I won't.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 2:40 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Ok, I may not be a moderator, but I am fed up with this. MemberSix and HarryWilliams, do yourselves a favor and PLEASE SHUT UP.

....Ok, now listen to this. Everyone has opinions. Everyone has the right to express their opinions. And everyone, believe it or not, has the right to criticize the opinions of others, just as those people have the right to defend their opinions. What you DON'T have the right to personally attack someone's character because of their opinions. If you disagree with someone, you have the right to explain exactly why you believe their opinion is wrong, and vice versa. That DOES NOT MEAN you are right and the other is wrong, or vice versa. It's why it's called an opinion and not a fact. Now here is the ultimatum. If you wish to continue this debate without censorship, the BOTH of you will cease any and all personal attacks and limit the subject of your discussion to the topic at hand and ONLY the topic at hand. I may not be a moderator, but I know quite a few of them on here and trust me I can raise enough hell about this to get this topic locked and the both of you tossed out of WrongPlanet on your virtual asses. I don't want to, I know what it's like to be excluded, which is why I suggest just going with this and keeping your attitudes to yourself. We like debate here, but we despise those who take their debates to the personal level.

Keep it clean, keep it friendly, and you'll be fine. Else, may God have mercy on you, because I won't.

wow, chill dude, we got it covered. . . :wink:

Merle

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 10:11 pm

I do not like the term "maddenig disorder", and "ripping families apart".
The father should get life.The writer should be his "cellmate".

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 10:23 pm

preludeman wrote:
The father should get life.The writer should be his "cellmate".

That, my friend, is worthy of quotation. Well said.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

11krage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2009, 10:47 am

The scary thing is that on average adults killing children with autism get far shorter sentences than neurotypical children :? . Even when the motive is sexual

http://the-quiet-ones.blogspot.com/

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 1:12 pm

Friends were stunned. They speculate that Allen Grabe might suffer from undiagnosed Asperger himself. He was "peculiar."

Just because he behaved "peculiar" doesn't neccessesarily mean that he has undiagnosed aspergers. Also so what if he does have it? Being an Aspie does not cause someone to commit murder.

In less-serious cases, labeled Asperger syndrome (the type Jacob was diagnosed with), victims can often speak normally and can take part in some normal interactions. But they don't sleep well. They have obsessions.

The author of this had a poor choice of words. Firstly I am not a "victim" and secondly who decides what is "normal" anyway?
The idiot who wrote this obviously took a quick look at the characteristics of people with AS and picked out a couple. They also generalised us by saying "they" don't sleep well and "they" have obsessions. Everyone with AS is unique just like every person on the planet is unique. You can't just name a few characteristics and say that it applies to a massive amount of people. Whoops I'm ranting sorry. :)

It's sad what happened to the child. It's terrible that some people feel that they have to resort to actions like that.