Autism, Fibromyalgia and Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mrspotatohead
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2015, 12:28 am

I just recently discovered that there is such a thing as Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD) while researching into fibromyalgia. It's actually on the NIH website -- a government site -- yet treatment for it, using medicinal cannabis, is illegal in the U.S.
Anyway, tonight I thought about doing a web search on "autism and fibromyalgia" and discovered that these are widely considered common comorbidities for females on the autism spectrum. I did a search then on autism and CECD, and there were a lot of results for that as well, including an article from a science publication that cited some positive findings relating the two. Of course, I'm not saying CECD is the cause of autism or that medicinal cannabis is the cure because that would be a huge jump, but I find it very compelling that the same genetic mutations that cause autism (in mice, at least) have been shown to be responsible for CECD.
I wish I'd known to look for studies on these things while I was still enrolled in college since those databases would be great right now... I hate only being able to read the abstracts.

realworld
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2015, 12:33 am

I have been collecting research on this topic..

CECD list of research can be found here:
researchecs.com/CECD3.pdf
researchecs.com/ (Google Drive link has the most up to date research)