I don't. :mrgreen: 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
i'm not sure. :shrug: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I want my ice cream! :chef: 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 17

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 7:54 am

Only scoliosis, which I see a chiropractor about. Since I've seen him the various muscle pains in my back and neck have lessened considerably. He gives me various exercises to do at home which have helped too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 8:17 am

the thoracic scoliosis bugged the daylights outta me when I was young, it was majorly debilitating whenever the weather would change and the resultant inflammation would pinch a nerve and give me a stiff wry neck that would put me in paralyzed agony for a week. I am thankful that as I've grown old that this has abated somewhat.

Wijogr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2018, 8:53 am

I was born with a spinal defect to L5. The defect caused a weakness in my lumber that I ended up breaking which caused all sorts of fun things to happen. I’ve had three different surgeries and a 3-level fusion. Now the disk above the fusion is gone and it’s time for another surgery. Can’t wait! Where’s the sarcasm emoji?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 9:02 am

^^^I was warned that would happen to my back if I submitted to the fusion surgery. I hope you can avoid further surgery.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 9:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
IOW does anybody here have aches and pains traceable to arthritis/wear and tear injuries or congenital malformations of bone, joints and sinew?
for example, I have left leg shorter by 20mm, and lumbar [low back] spondylolisthesis which is a displacement of one or more vertebra joints relative to the other joints. I also have lumbar stenosis [narrowing], sciatica [pinched lumbar spinal nerve roots resulting in shooting pains down the affected side], and scoliosis [abnormal lateral curve] of thoracic [chest level] spine.
let us commiserate together :| and mutually find new ways to cope :study:

I have seven or eight spinal "problems" but can only remember a few of them: stenosis, cervical and lumbar foraminal impingements, DDD, wedging, osteophyte-related central cord pain from OA, extremity radiculopathy, and, the original problem, OP.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 10:33 am

I have scoliosis. Diagnosed age 38 after years of intermittent disabling back pain.

Coping mechanisms: core exercise, yoga, body weight exercise (calisthenics), proper body mechanics, stretching, active lifestyle, whole foods, meditation, journaling, counseling, group therapy, mysticism, cats, weed, low stress lifestyle, books, nature, music, art...

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 9:30 pm

^Those are some good coping mechanisms. I especially like the cats one.

I thought I could edit my above post to add something but evidently not. Oh well.

Here's what I was going to add: In my mind 20s a spinal x-Ray showed I have spina bifida occulta just below my neck. Usually people who have this have it located in the lumbar region. I don't know how it affects me - I experience a lot of numbness in my limbs from time to time and I don't know what causes it. I've always put it down to bad circulation but I now think it could be due to blocked nerves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 3:36 am

renaeden wrote:
^Those are some good coping mechanisms. I especially like the cats one. I thought I could edit my above post to add something but evidently not. Oh well. Here's what I was going to add: In my mind 20s a spinal x-Ray showed I have spina bifida occulta just below my neck. Usually people who have this have it located in the lumbar region. I don't know how it affects me - I experience a lot of numbness in my limbs from time to time and I don't know what causes it. I've always put it down to bad circulation but I now think it could be due to blocked nerves.

can this be repaired?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 9:51 am

renaeden wrote:

I thought I could edit my above post to add something but evidently not. Oh well.

Here's what I was going to add: In my mind 20s a spinal x-Ray showed I have spina bifida occulta just below my neck. Usually people who have this have it located in the lumbar region. I don't know how it affects me - I experience a lot of numbness in my limbs from time to time and I don't know what causes it. I've always put it down to bad circulation but I now think it could be due to blocked nerves.

Ever been to a chiropractor or Osteopath for your spina bifida? May be able to help unblock those nerves.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 10:02 am

Noca wrote:
renaeden wrote:

Ever been to a chiropractor or Osteopath for your spina bifida? May be able to help unblock those nerves.

I love chiros! But, with my OP, I find "light-pressure" providers are best. :)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 10:47 pm

Noca wrote:
renaeden wrote:

auntblabby - I'm really not sure because I don't know how bad it is. Unfortunately I don't have the original x-rays, wish I did.

Noca - I do indeed go to a chiropractor, just not the one who diagnosed the spina bifida. The current one is easy to talk to so I will ask him what, if any, symptoms there are for what I have.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 2:15 pm

Having musculoskeletal ailments and ice cream are mutually exclusive? Wow; that sucks!

Bilateral degenerated rotator cuffs.
Three herniated discs (L3-4, L-4-5, L5-S1).
Torn right meniscus.
Arthritis.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 7:45 pm

Piobaire wrote:
Having musculoskeletal ailments and ice cream are mutually exclusive? Wow; that sucks!

Bilateral degenerated rotator cuffs.
Three herniated discs (L3-4, L-4-5, L5-S1).
Torn right meniscus.
Arthritis.

ouch. my dad had those. I have the herniated discs and associated neuropathy and the general arthritis. sorry about the single available choice on the poll, I should have allowed for both ice cream and something else. :chef: future polls won't make this mistake.