No fap, liquid soy replacement meals, exercise list

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Citymale
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2018, 11:35 pm

My plan is to drink a liquid soy replacement meal like Soylent or Orgain every three hours - 9am, 12pm, 3pm etc. for a total of 1400 calories a day.

I will pour water inside the empty bottle and drink that water too to make sure I am hydrated.

My plan is to only use my Gmail app on my phone for work and not use the internet at all - I al has wanted to do No FAP but always broke down due to boredom and needing to refresh my mind and relieve stress to return to work.

I have some basic exercises on a list, I am marking off when I do them. So far, I HATE starting them, get anxious and winded doing them, and go 3-4 days In a row not doing them at all.

I also have a list from FlyLady on what tasks and in what order I need to do during the day. I also have a list to clean my house. I will follow that list no matter what.

I will call every family member at 7 pm every day.

I will come in person and say hi to my younger brother who lives an hour away every day.

I will visit my grandmother and father every other day on the odd days between 6 and 10 pm.

I will ask someone to take over my finances, and vacation planning at work.

I will not log in here until I do this for a year and report back, with before and after pictures.

Ciao! :wink:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 1:26 pm

Ok.
Good luck, although you won't be reading this, will you?

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 5:31 pm

No fap!? Wow; I failed already.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 4:15 am

I'm not sure of the wisdom of living on an all soy diet for an entire year! The antiandrogenic effects of high soy intake won't do your body any good. Preparing normal, healthy food is an exercise in discipline and understanding exactly what you are putting into your body.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 4:39 am

Eurythmic wrote:
I'm not sure of the wisdom of living on an all soy diet for an entire year! The antiandrogenic effects of high soy intake won't do your body any good. Preparing normal, healthy food is an exercise in discipline and understanding exactly what you are putting into your body.

This

You're better off with a balanced diet and making sure you don't overeat.

Good for you for setting goals though.

Maybe you should check in once a month though, rather than a whole year. Take it a month at a time.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 7:24 am

William Blake

Quote:
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

He'll be ok :wink:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2018, 9:39 am

Piobaire wrote:

Yes!

Take baby steps otherwise you will get burned out and start dropping things and become disillusioned and give up.

One or two goals to start with and build from there. It boosts your confidence and helps you move forward once you reach those small goals.

Citymale
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2018, 4:59 pm

Eurythmic wrote:

I do believe that I will be ingesting left over RoundUp residue with which soy is sprayed (since rain probably does not wash away all of it (there is barely any rain in California anywa) and the soil in California is probably saturated with the stuff since there is a layer of clay under the ground which prevents water from draining and turns it into a pool) and the soy product will probably lower my Testosterone and raise my estrogen even further.. but my diet now is basically eating pizza and muffins every day and I really need a solution to keep my calories lower. I can’t cook and clean up afterwards. So hopefully the lack of a mess in the kitchen will help me get other things done and maintain order.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 4:41 am

Citymale wrote:
.. but my diet now is basically eating pizza and muffins every day and I really need a solution to keep my calories lower. I can’t cook and clean up afterwards. So hopefully the lack of a mess in the kitchen will help me get other things done and maintain order.

Garbage in = garbage out
If you're living off a diet of rubbish at the moment it's no wonder you're having problems.

Why not mix things up and have the Soylent once in a while, interspersed with healthy food?
The supermarkets sell ready cut up salads in a bag, try tossing a handful of this into a bowl and add a tin of tuna or salmon. You get a quick easy meal with low fat, moderate protein and loads of vitamins. One bowl and one fork to wash up.

Another alternative is to do a big cookup every 4 or 5 days. A kilo of chicken breast, chop it up and saute with an onion and some garlic. Throw in a jar of Chicken Tonight and a kilo bag of frozen mixed veg. While it's bubbling away boil up some brown rice. Let it cool and dish out into some reuseable plastic microwave containers. Moderate fibre and protein, low fat. Takes about 30-40 mins to cook and less than 10 mins to clean up. You end up with about 10 meals that keep well in the fridge or freezer, microwave within minutes. Easy, simple real food. I used to do this when I worked full time and worked another job one day a week. I'd toss one in the microwave at work or when I got home tired after work.

If you're looking to make some real changes to improve your life and get it on track, don't overlook the importance of fueling you body properly.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 7:30 am

Citymale wrote:
Eurythmic wrote:

I do believe that I will be ingesting left over RoundUp residue with which soy is sprayed (since rain probably does not wash away all of it (there is barely any rain in California anywa) and the soil in California is probably saturated with the stuff since there is a layer of clay under the ground which prevents water from draining and turns it into a pool) and the soy product will probably lower my Testosterone and raise my estrogen even further.. but my diet now is basically eating pizza and muffins every day and I really need a solution to keep my calories lower. I can’t cook and clean up afterwards. So hopefully the lack of a mess in the kitchen will help me get other things done and maintain order.

Here's a good blog for making easy cheap food. You don't need any special skills.

Cooking on a bootstrap

Citymale
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2018, 6:25 pm

Eurythmic wrote:
Citymale wrote:
.. but my diet now is basically eating pizza and muffins every day and I really need a solution to keep my calories lower. I can’t cook and clean up afterwards. So hopefully the lack of a mess in the kitchen will help me get other things done and maintain order.

Garbage in = garbage out
If you're living off a diet of rubbish at the moment it's no wonder you're having problems.

Why not mix things up and have the Soylent once in a while, interspersed with healthy food?
The supermarkets sell ready cut up salads in a bag, try tossing a handful of this into a bowl and add a tin of tuna or salmon. You get a quick easy meal with low fat, moderate protein and loads of vitamins. One bowl and one fork to wash up.

Another alternative is to do a big cookup every 4 or 5 days. A kilo of chicken breast, chop it up and saute with an onion and some garlic. Throw in a jar of Chicken Tonight and a kilo bag of frozen mixed veg. While it's bubbling away boil up some brown rice. Let it cool and dish out into some reuseable plastic microwave containers. Moderate fibre and protein, low fat. Takes about 30-40 mins to cook and less than 10 mins to clean up. You end up with about 10 meals that keep well in the fridge or freezer, microwave within minutes. Easy, simple real food. I used to do this when I worked full time and worked another job one day a week. I'd toss one in the microwave at work or when I got home tired after work.

If you're looking to make some real changes to improve your life and get it on track, don't overlook the importance of fueling you body properly.

Yes, garbage food and no exercise ha been my main setback for the past fifteen to ten years :(