Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19?

Page 8 of 13 [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 6:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
steve30 wrote:
I haven't had any Covid vaccines and have no plans to do so.

Finally, someone who actually rebels against the idea of vaccines. What is your reason for not getting vaccinated?

My reasons are:
1. I don't trust the government
2. The vaccines were produced too quickly
3. There has been a lot of unfortunate vaccine-related effects and illnesses particularly in younger people
4. People keep filling my head with frightening conspiracy theories (see number 1)
5. I'm worried that after having the vaccines the media might announce that there's evidence of long-term life-threatening effects from the vaccines and then I'm going to panic
6. The government has signed a thing to say that they're not responsible if anything goes wrong with the vaccines (see number 5)

Saying "getting long COVID is more likely, and worse, than future ill effects from the vaccines" doesn't convince me into getting vaccinated. As long as other people are vaccinated and they're happy, that's all that matters. I'm not going to be forced into doing something I'm not comfortable with yet. Maybe in a few months time when I've got myself psyched up and the vaccines have been around long enough to be proven to be safe long-term.

I’m like you Joe, I’m scared of getting the vaccine, I also don’t know who to trust.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 6:52 pm

not having suitably adequate health insurance, i just can't afford the possible downsides to this.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 6:56 pm

first I wasnt going to, then I was, now Im getting riggish again.

One key issue I had recently was a canadian news channel putting the US president on the air pretty much directly linking vax refusal with mass murder.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 7:43 pm

The_Znof wrote:
first I wasnt going to, then I was, now Im getting riggish again.

One key issue I had recently was a canadian news channel putting the US president on the air pretty much directly linking vax refusal with mass murder.

Don't know if I'd call it mass murder, but I think unvaccinated people are more likely to spread the virus unless they isolate themselves, which could kill somebody. Politicians just make things worse when they exaggerate to try to persuade me. I just wonder why they're lying about it if it's such a great idea, why not just give the plain facts without all the brainwashing poetry?

I got fully jabbed, but not especially as a favour to society. That was just a welcome side effect. I just liked the idea of strong protection against catching the virus or dying / getting hospitalised from it. I really wasn't worried about any harmful effects. If I'd only been offered J & J or AZ, I might have refused because of the small risk of lethal blood clots, but I got the Moderna which doesn't seem to have any such risk. I wouldn't have been comfy with getting the jab while it was a new thing, but by the time I was eligible millions of people had been jabbed and the vast majority of them have been fine.

I can't imagine there's any significant risk of a long term problem. I've had jabs before since I was very young, and never been harmed by them. I'm the type who's wary of boil-in-the-bag food and pesticide traces in my vegetables, so it's saying something when I'm not scared of the vaccine.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 11:26 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Don't know if I'd call it mass murder, but I think unvaccinated people are more likely to spread the virus unless they isolate themselves, which could kill somebody.

A good majority of them are not isolating themselves at all, and are intentionally attending large superspreader gatherings.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 3:49 am

Not yet, but will be in a few hours.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 10:43 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
A good majority of them are not isolating themselves at all, and are intentionally attending large superspreader gatherings.

I don't know what goes through their heads. I guess they don't think the virus is dangerous, else why would they risk catching it themselves? In which case it would be manslaughter, rather than murder. Which is bad enough of course.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 11:34 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I guess they don't think the virus is dangerous, else why would they risk catching it themselves?

That's exactly it: either they don't think it's dangerous, or they don't believe it exists at all, or they think God will protect them, or they want to catch it out of spite to "own the Libs", or they think the risk is preferable to being considerate to others, or they believe "we all have to die some time", or who knows what else...

There was a recent video of a guy who's been in the hospital with COVID since February (2021 I presume?). The interviewer asked if he could go back in time, would he get vaccinated, and he said "no way".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 11:57 am

^^^that example belongs in the dictionary next to the entry for "bloodymindedness."

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2021, 2:58 pm

No.
There is no pandemic.
There is no deadly virus or it's variants.
There is a web of lies behind this whole thing.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 3:42 pm

I got my second dose of Pfizer Biontech a few days ago. I am looking for a job and i will have to visit very crowded places soon if i manage to get one. I can't risk it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 5:08 pm

AprilR wrote:
I got my second dose of Pfizer Biontech a few days ago. I am looking for a job and i will have to visit very crowded places soon if i manage to get one. I can't risk it.

Why would you have to visit very crowded places to get or work a job? :? Aren't employers following social distancing guidelines through the tail end of this pandemic? :?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 5:32 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
No.
There is no pandemic.

What were you diagnosed with after age 50?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 5:42 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
No.
There is no pandemic.

Hmmm, except for the Millions of dead people And the healthcare professionals that we personally Know who are treating covid patients and can attest to the fact that peoples' lungs are in fact gelling up from this virus, their kidneys, hearts and other organs being attacked and damaged etc.. so yeah, besides all of the evidence from all over the world there's exactly zero proof of a real pandemic. :roll: :lol:

A_minor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2021, 6:33 pm

Yes, Janssen.
Had my shot on a tuesday, experienced some muscle aches on thursday and friday.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 7:03 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
That's exactly it: either they don't think it's dangerous, or they don't believe it exists at all, or they think God will protect them, or they want to catch it out of spite to "own the Libs", or they think the risk is preferable to being considerate to others, or they believe "we all have to die some time", or who knows what else...

There was a recent video of a guy who's been in the hospital with COVID since February (2021 I presume?). The interviewer asked if he could go back in time, would he get vaccinated, and he said "no way".

This is what happened to one poor chap who for some crazy reason thought his religious faith would save him:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57958358