Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19?

Page 9 of 13 [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 7:41 pm

Yes. I did it as soon as I could, as I share the house with someone who's been seriously immuno-compromised due to treatment for cancer which was diagnosed a few months into the Covid outbreak. It was all a bit tricky because we're not related (bed-sit tenant and landlady) but share some facilities, so I'm both within her care "bubble" and an independent household at the same time (depending who you ask!)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 9:03 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
No.
There is no pandemic.
There is no deadly virus or it's variants.
There is a web of lies behind this whole thing.

Oh good, so I can stop faking my illness now? =D
Or do I get paid for pretending I caught COVID??
Where do I sign up?

goldfish21 wrote:
Why would you have to visit very crowded places to get or work a job? :? Aren't employers following social distancing guidelines through the tail end of this pandemic? :?

lol
Why would they? Following guidelines loses them a lot of money.
I took leave from my job for a little over two months...I came back thinking maybe there would be some precautions in place, but they had all been dropped some time previous. They took temperatures at the door, and offered a box of paper masks if you wanted one. I saw maybe five people who were properly wearing them.

I was waiting to hear about an outbreak there on the news, but surprisingly, it never happened?
Or at least never got reported...?

goldfish21 wrote:
... so yeah, besides all of the evidence from all over the world there's exactly zero proof of a real pandemic. :roll: :lol:

That's what they want you to think. Everyone knows that if Clinton had won in 2016, none of us would have ever heard of COVID. The Dems really had to pull some strings to get the entire PLANET to play along, but somehow they managed to make it happen!!

ToughDiamond wrote:
This is what happened to one poor chap who for some crazy reason thought his religious faith would save him:

Yeah, I heard about him, too. The article doesn't mention it, but they kept offering to intubate him, and he kept refusing it until the bitter end.

It always reminds me about that joke with the boats and the helicopter :|

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 12:47 am

^
There's also the true story about the preacher who had it in his noggin that the lord would protect him from the poisonous snakes he daringly handled as part of his act. It was probably quite impressive till one of them bit him and they had to carry him to hospital. What really capped it for me was when I read that his father had previously been killed performing the exact same stunt.

I see what you mean about the question of trusting employers with keeping their workplaces and public spaces Covid safe. I've lost count of the number of people with a vested interest in profit through business who have castigated the UK government (you know, Boris Johnson who locked down too late, opened up too early, and nearly died of Covid after defying his own medical advisers and swanning round the UK shaking hands with corporate types) for being too careful with lockdowns etc. It's rare they even mention public health. And the bus and train operators have never bothered to enforce limits the number of passengers per vehicle to a safe number.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 5:15 am

Got my first shot :-D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 3:16 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
Got my first shot :-D

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! :thumright:

I would remind you that the vaccine's protection is not immediate, but I'm sure that is unnecessary--Steed says you're quite clever! :wink:

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2021, 11:09 pm

Yep. End last year.
And it works - because just flight-tested it.

Picked up probable Delta.

Unmasked (usually don an FDA-EUA KN-95) but reasoned high-vaccine low-transmission area;
very quick grab-and-go mission; large space/well-ventilated/low people-density grocery; walk-fast-and-don't-loiter-kinda-man. Reason in retrospect must have zipped through a viral plume.

Symptoms were exactly like a repeat of that second inoculation -
- except additional lost sense of smell, bit sore throat, 'runny nose' and "balloon head" (as in, that is how it felt) -- and oddly enough a tinge of akathisia -- but none of the other well-documented horrors.
Four days later back to 100%. Didn't even crack a fever.

Contrast this forgettable event to some of our unvaccinated compadres who have really had a rough, rough go of it.

So yeah - it's really super-easy to catch this delta-thing.
But the vaccines work.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 11:32 pm

Well, if the anti-vax brigade want to risk their lives, my sympathy for the ones who suffer for their decision is kind of limited, but it's a shame about the risk they inflict on everybody else and the avoidable waste of medical resources.

I saw one of their memes the other day - "if the jab works then why are you afraid of unjabbed people giving you Covid?" I suppose it needs at least 2 brain cells to debunk that one.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 9:04 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
I saw one of their memes the other day - "if the jab works then why are you afraid of unjabbed people giving you Covid?" I suppose it needs at least 2 brain cells to debunk that one.

I always see them saying "If you're so afraid of catching Covid, maybe you should hide in your basement." :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 9:21 pm

people who are not afraid of severe illness must have something wrong with them.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
people who are not afraid of severe illness must have something wrong with them.
Yes. There is always the chance that, even though fully-vaccinated, you could have the extreme misfortune of being one of those rare breakthrough cases that has problems. I'd prefer not even to risk that.

And, I guess the long term problems in that scenario are TBD. I'd rather not find out.

But I also object to people willingly providing breeding grounds for a potentially more dangerous virus that might be unimpressed by current vaccines.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 6:12 pm

i'm glad i live out in the sticks without too many other disease vectors walking around.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i'm glad i live out in the sticks without too many other disease vectors walking around.
I'm jealous.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:10 pm

Double Retired wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I'm jealous.

well if it was a matter of affordability, it was the only thing i could afford that was in move-in condition without having to do 10s of thousands of buck$-worth of repairs to make it habitable. i bought at the height of the housing market. so i really didn't get a good deal at all, i spent all the money [$75k back in the summer of 2008] i could beg/borrow/steal and barely made the listing price. no bank would give me a housing loan [insufficient income]. the sellers would not bargain one cent. only reason it was not snapped up earlier is that it is a LONG drive from civilization. on 1/3 acre next to a swamp [lotsa skeeters, flies and bats] it is a single-wide mobile home circa 1977, 55'x14', 2 bedrooms, one bath. ok condition but needs many little repairs. the people who inherit it from me will do those repairs. the problem with all the trees literally touching the tin can are that if it gets hot and stays hot, and dries out, there is very real fire danger.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 9:44 am

skeeters, flies & fire BAD. The rest sounds, at worst, OK. (Umm...you didn't mention snakes...)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 2:00 am

Double Retired wrote:
skeeters, flies & fire BAD. The rest sounds, at worst, OK. (Umm...you didn't mention snakes...)

i've seen precisely one garter snake since moving out here in 2008. but there are bears, wolves, coyotes, foxes, 'coons and possums. they tend to keep their distance but now and then i see the disembodied head of some poor cat. no humane society out here and this is a dumping ground for unwanted pets, a heartbreaking thing. :( those people who do that, i have a low opinion of them, let's just say that.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 7:50 pm

Sonic200 wrote:
I have gotten both the COVID-19 shots.

yes i am.