Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 3:56 pm

My (s) daughter was with me. Of course the sod's law that you won't appear as bad as you can be at home occurred.Fluctuating condition!? I could be referred for X-rays, but not much might be done as a result of having them done. I got the impression that more would be done if I was younger.
I decided against the X-rays. In the current situation it would've been selfish to have them done.

One interesting thing that came out of the appointment was that I have a long curvature of the spine. The length suggests it's been that way since at least my youth. A referral for physio is going to be made.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 4:55 pm

I have a curve as well. S shaped I believe? I tried to ride with SPD's and after two years of knee pain I gave up and went back to toe clips and straps. I always did ride at an odd angle! :D

I did not know that physiopherapy can do anything to it?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 6:36 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I have a curve as well. S shaped I believe? I tried to ride with SPD's and after two years of knee pain I gave up and went back to toe clips and straps. I always did ride at an odd angle! :D

I did not know that physiopherapy can do anything to it?

I think it's more for the balance and coordination. This,of course, should have been spotted ages ago. It's par for the course with SMI that physical symptoms tend to get trivialised or not even picked up on at all.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 6:35 pm

Have repeatedly found ortho docs especially reluctant to offer or suggest . Actual fixes on persons that are older . Which because have been through of a variety of Ortho surgeries since i was younger And the very shoddys repairs that were done at the time . And subsequently these issues have magnified as time passed . No one has offered to do anything that would give a longer quality of life before, i end up in a wheelchair . And imposing on my own ability to care for myself.
So knowing these things about orthopedics . Makes me wanna take a club with me to any future
Ortho appts.

So options for a decent quality of getting older leaves very few options .......i feel.

where ever you go ,there you are

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 1:27 am

^ That sounds depressing and frustrating.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 10:22 am

firemonkey wrote:
^ That sounds depressing and frustrating.

Thank you firemonkey .nice to know that someone read this

where ever you go ,there you are