Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 9:30 am

I wear size UK 32 Jean's and I am 5ft7 1/2.

In general though how can you tell if your fat?. My weight is currently 172 pounds in the morning without clothes

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:44 am

Body mass index (bmi) calculator. Why do you think you’re overweight? Do you eat badly? Muscles burns fat on rest.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:46 am

Fat? Like lots of fat in your arteries? What are you eating that high amounts of fat is getting stuck in your arteries to cause high cholesterol ? Slim people are t immune to heart attacks and high cholesterol and stroke.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 10:11 am

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Body mass index (bmi) calculator. Why do you think you’re overweight? Do you eat badly? Muscles burns fat on rest.

yeah technically I am 8 pounds overweight for my height

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:17 pm

I wear a 34. My BMI is about 27. I don’t look fat, though.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:31 pm

Your fridge is empty and you're very hungry. Also you wobble.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 8:11 pm

Skin calipers

Size 32 from different brands, not always the same circumference

Vanity sizing

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 12:39 pm

Signs You Could Be Overweight:

• if you get your shoes shined, you must take someone else's word for it.

• pictures of you will not stay hanging on the wall.

• the local all-you-can-eat buffet locks its doors when they see you coming.

• the sorting hat puts you in the House of Pancakes.

• when you get in an elevator, it MUST go down.

• when you get on the scale it says, "Continued on Next Scale".

• when you go camping, the bears hide their food.

• when you sing, the show is over for everybody.

• when you take a shower, your feet stay dry.

• when you talk to yourself, it is a long-distance call.

• when you went missing, your picture was on all 4 sides of the milk carton.

• you automatically get group insurance.

• you cannot reach your back pocket.

• you fall over and rock yourself asleep trying to get up again.

• you go to the beach and the tide comes in.

• you had to go to Sea World to get baptized.

• you have more chins than Chinatown.

• you have smaller people orbiting around you.

• you have your own zip code.

• you lay down on the beach and strangers try to roll you into the ocean.

• you were born with a silver shovel in your mouth.

• your belly gets home 15 minutes before you do.

• your bellybutton has an echo.

• your belt size is "Equator".

• your blood type is "Mayonnaise".

• your shadow weighs 42 pounds.

• your zip code matches your weight.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 12:45 pm

I look down when I pee, if I can see my dick I'm not too fat. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 4:03 am

Jamesy wrote:

In general though how can you tell if your fat?. My weight is currently 172 pounds in the morning without clothes

If you're 5'7 and 172lbs it's unlikely you're obese, but you could well be carrying weight you don't need to. As the old wive's rhyme goes, "If you can pinch more than an inch..." But if you're really unsure then ask a doctor.

Are you unhappy with your appearance? Or concerned about your health? How's your diet? Where do you carry your weight - all over your body or is it concentrated in one place, like around your belly? Do you excercise? Are you generally active?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 12:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Signs You Could Be Overweight:

• if you get your shoes shined, you must take someone else's word for it.

• pictures of you will not stay hanging on the wall.

• the local all-you-can-eat buffet locks its doors when they see you coming.

• the sorting hat puts you in the House of Pancakes.

• when you get in an elevator, it MUST go down.

• when you get on the scale it says, "Continued on Next Scale".

• when you go camping, the bears hide their food.

• when you sing, the show is over for everybody.

• when you take a shower, your feet stay dry.

• when you talk to yourself, it is a long-distance call.

• when you went missing, your picture was on all 4 sides of the milk carton.

• you automatically get group insurance.

• you cannot reach your back pocket.

• you fall over and rock yourself asleep trying to get up again.

• you go to the beach and the tide comes in.

• you had to go to Sea World to get baptized.

• you have more chins than Chinatown.

• you have smaller people orbiting around you.

• you have your own zip code.

• you lay down on the beach and strangers try to roll you into the ocean.

• you were born with a silver shovel in your mouth.

• your belly gets home 15 minutes before you do.

• your bellybutton has an echo.

• your belt size is "Equator".

• your blood type is "Mayonnaise".

• your shadow weighs 42 pounds.

• your zip code matches your weight.

These sound like Yo Momma jokes.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 12:17 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
These sound like Yo Momma jokes.
Some originated as "Yo Momma So Fat" jokes, some as "You So Fat" jokes, some as Al Yankovic lyrics, some related to actual events, and some came outta my own fat head.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 12:48 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Body mass index (bmi) calculator.

BMI is an outdated and inaccurate health predictor. It is particularly flawed and fails to take into account the sum of the following:
-race
-fat mass vs. muscle mass
-genetics
-other health conditions
-body mass distribution (which is different in individuals depending on the aforementioned factors)

All weight is not equal. For example, muscle is much denser than fat and also takes up less space. The Western world's dependence on this metric for health and fitness is an unhealthy one. All bodies are not equal. Body weight is not always an indicator of bad health.

For those wanting some more info on how the BMI system was created, this is a pretty cool article. The person who came up with this formula never intended for it to be used the way it is. The data/science behind this system is not solid.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/sto ... =106268439

My suggestion for you if you are worried about your weight/health:
Have a talk with a certified nutritionist + your doctor (if your doctor is obsessed with only your BMI, get another). Set healthy goals if you feel the need to do so.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 1:27 pm

Flown wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Body mass index (bmi) calculator.

BMI is an outdated and inaccurate health predictor. It is particularly flawed and fails to take into account the sum of the following:
-race
-fat mass vs. muscle mass
-genetics
-other health conditions
-body mass distribution (which is different in individuals depending on the aforementioned factors)

All weight is not equal. For example, muscle is much denser than fat and also takes up less space. The Western world's dependence on this metric for health and fitness is an unhealthy one. All bodies are not equal. Body weight is not always an indicator of bad health.

For those wanting some more info on how the BMI system was created, this is a pretty cool article. The person who came up with this formula never intended for it to be used the way it is. The data/science behind this system is not solid.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/sto ... =106268439

My suggestion for you if you are worried about your weight/health:
Have a talk with a certified nutritionist + your doctor (if your doctor is obsessed with only your BMI, get another). Set healthy goals if you feel the need to do so.

I was wondering about the doctor's obsession with BMI. I've been on antipsychotics my entire life and I've always been heavier. My psychiatrist mentions not obsessing over a number and just eating within my calorie limit and exercise as well as considering my genetics yet my doctor who does my physicals and I rarely see (the last time I was super sick I was volunteering at a daycare) goes based on my BMI which says I should weigh 140 or less.

I went to a dietician who said I should weigh 180 to 215 (I think????). As soon as I get my apartment, I'll probably switch doctors.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 1:52 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

I was wondering about the doctor's obsession with BMI. I've been on antipsychotics my entire life and I've always been heavier. My psychiatrist mentions not obsessing over a number and just eating within my calorie limit and exercise as well as considering my genetics yet my doctor who does my physicals and I rarely see (the last time I was super sick I was volunteering at a daycare) goes based on my BMI which says I should weigh 140 or less.

I went to a dietician who said I should weigh 180 to 215 (I think????). As soon as I get my apartment, I'll probably switch doctors.

Regular physicals and staying in contact with a caring dietician and doctor are a great start. Obsessing over the scale and even strict calorie counting are not healthy practices--despite what the media and the masses say. Eating disorders are quite prevalent in this day and age, and they all start with "harmless" fixation with these numbers.

Medications in themselves can lead to weight gain, so that should absolutely be taken into account by your healthcare provider. Your mental health should be prioritized over the number on the scale. So long as you are feeling physically well/energetic (barring any unrelated health issues) and your yearly physical (bloodwork and other) comes back good, you shouldn't worry.

I'd (personally) answer the following questions and discuss them with your providers:
-At what weight did I feel the most energetic and healthy? How can I go about reaching this weight safely and without fully depriving myself of the foods I enjoy?
-Are there any activities that I enjoy that could help me reach my goals?
-What sort of foods make me feel my best? How can I work to add these foods into my current regimen?
-Do I have any deficiencies (blood work required here)? Are these genetic or due to something lacking in my diet? How can I improve this?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 3:28 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

If you're 5'7 and 172lbs it's unlikely you're obese, but you could well be carrying weight you don't need to. As the old wive's rhyme goes, "If you can pinch more than an inch..." But if you're really unsure then ask a doctor.

Are you unhappy with your appearance? Or concerned about your health? How's your diet? Where do you carry your weight - all over your body or is it concentrated in one place, like around your belly? Do you excercise? Are you generally active?

Yeah I am active and lift weights but I am also on antipsychotics now for nearly 4 years and have gained weight as a result