Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:37 am

First time I hit my head against the bedroom wall in doing so. For some reason that really affected my upper left leg and knee. Then the second time my legs gave way trying to get into bed. Both falls have resulted in what would be called ‘muscle pain’ according to my (s)daughter. They had to be called out again,as it was looking like I wasn’t going to be safe enough to say at home. The second time there was a Scottish man, and Welsh woman. When my s/daughter mentioned I had autism and very likely dyspraxia, the Welsh woman’s attitude became rather contemptuous. Even more so when I mentioned the schizophrenia. The Scottish man noticed my s/daughter had brought a wheelchair up to my flat. He wanted to see how I cope using the wheelchair. I coped reasonably well. Well enough to stay at home.

Had hoped for better sleep after no sleep for the last 36 ours or so. Wasn’t to be. Was in bed by 7.30 pm. Slept till about 10pm. Then woke up needing to pee. Managed to that, but doing it really exacerbated the muscle pain. I struggled to get the p/ks that had been left out for me and get comfortable. Had the urge to do another pee around 2.15 am. Managed to get to the toilet about 45 minutes later. After doing so I couldn’t face the struggle to get back in bed. So I got up.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 5:53 am

Sorry to hear. I hope things will settle. I know of another two... Actually three or four who are facing either back pain or muscle pain etc.

Is difficult with muscles because one needs to rest them, but one does not want to lose the ability to use them either.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 8:36 am

^Thank you. My s/daughter has ordered one of those alert pendants for me. You're very right about the muscle situation. Waiting to be taken for an x ray. There was concern about the level of pain I'm in. I have a low pain threshold though, and am prone to physical reactions to things like fear and stress.It's likely a case of a baseline pain, that's been increased for psychological reasons.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:20 pm

Judging by there only being one response so far it's obvious most people don't give a f*****g sh*t, but an update. Mainly using a wheelchair which is causing acute left sided pain, due to muscles that aren't usually used being used. Walking short distances with a frame,under supervision . Have got several people coming in to try and help me get back to as normal as possible. S/daughter looking for a ground floor flat for me to be moved to , or at worst first floor with lift. Have got 10 sit down exercises to do. The act of getting into bed results in lots of pain,hence somewhat sleep deprived.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 7:59 am

Have you thought about using a walker? I believe it gives you more mobility-----and you could exercise your legs more.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Have you thought about using a walker? I believe it gives you more mobility-----and you could exercise your legs more.

I've been given a basic walker. I can walk short distances with it, but I'm mostly using a wheelchair. I have the reablement and physio team coming in each day. The reablement team are there to help with things like washing/making breakfast and a drink. I'm trying to do as much by myself as I can. I have 10 sitting down exercises to do, and have to do some walking with the walker. I have quite a lot of left sided pain due to muscles being used,pushing the wheelchair, that I don't normally use. A self propelling one is coming soon.
Sleep hasn't been good.It's hard to get comfortable.

My s/dau is in the process of looking for alternative accommodation for me. Preferably ground floor, but at worst 1st floor with a lift. Sheltered/warden controlled housing is a possibility. Realistically I can't stay here because of the stairs.

My mood has dipped somewhat, especially post 7.30 at night.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 10:34 am

Is anybody with you now?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 11:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is anybody with you now?

My youngest granddaughter has just left. She m/wed some lasagne for me and made a hot drink.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 11:37 am

Lasagne is cool!

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 11:53 am

Normally lasagne is tasty, but my appetite hasn't been good recently.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 1:09 pm

firemonkey wrote:
Judging by there only being one response so far it's obvious most people don't give a f*****g sh*t, but an update.

Not necessarily. People might not have seen it, or might not know what to say.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 1:56 pm

^ I guess that's possible.