What are your food habits and diet views?

Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 6:38 pm

No tea, coffee, or alcohol for me, either.

I eat too much, though. I like pasta and meats especially. I like some vegetables, too.

Juices tend to upset my stomach----but carbonated soft drinks soothe it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 6:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No tea, coffee, or alcohol for me, either.

I eat too much, though. I like pasta and meats especially. I like some vegetables, too.

Juices tend to upset my stomach----but carbonated soft drinks soothe it.

I'm glad there's another human being on this planet that doesn't care for tea, coffee or alcohol either. :lol: I don't know what people see in tea. I've often tried it but I don't like it, even with sugar in. I prefer to have cold drinks and sodas. I'm a total addict when it comes to soda. I call it a substitute for alcohol, as it relaxes me but without the getting drunk and poisoning my body part.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 12:44 am

Relatively negligent.

Once I'm someone who would indulge with any comfort food and clean the plate regardless of how much it's in the plate.

Right now?
I have to mind stupid sensitivities.
Not like allergies, but more hormonal and reactionary in nature.

Several changes within my 2 recent years of my life;
No longer having to clean plate, having to actually eat by routine -- and having to eat basically half of what I used to eat. Got lesser gut issues afterwards.

No longer habitually drink coffee or carbonated drinks. All because I experienced the contrast of not drinking any of those for a long time.
It's been affecting my sleep.

Used to indulge a lot with oily pork meals. Now, I just can't go all out for some reason. Consuming it relentlessly is no longer an option, flavors be damned.

Other flavors somehow... Sure I'm looking for a specific flavor of chocolate or chips.
I have those specific expectations -- only yo be disappointed again and again.
It must've been my taste by the time when I was younger vs now.

For now...
Mine is less about what's healthly and unhealthy and more about... The reward system and sensitivity reactions.

No drastic changes yet. Not yet plan to transition into vegetarianism. I'm not ready for that yet.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2022, 11:34 am

I can no longer eat popcorn. Or at least, not more than a handful at a time.

A bit more than a year ago, I ate a bowl of popcorn and it stopped me up for a week. Not knowing it was the popcorn, about a week later, I did it again and got stopped up for three months. Once the issue resolved, I ate a salad nearly every day for a few months and avoided popcorn.

Then one night after months with no issues, I popped and ate a microwave bag of popcorn and it stopped me up for a week.

So no more popcorn and eat more fiber.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 May 2022, 4:00 pm

Have you looked into Tovala :?: I'm waaay too picky & too poor to consider that but I see how it could be nice for some to have on hand so they don't have to order takeout when they're busy & deal with a delivery person coming to their door when they're wanting to eat.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 9:48 am

Can barely eat enough to maintain my weight. Which is annoying as I don't like eating as is from whatever mental illness I have doing that one (maybe a couple).

So uh, not wasting away is my view.

Still holding at 80 kilos (which is "healthy" for my height), but it's mostly muscle now, so I'm starting to look skinnier.

Suzyb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2022, 2:26 pm

Skyr, tea, coffee, red wine, whisky, lots of vegetables, bacon, chicken, rice, noodles, chocolate, nuts, some fruit, minimal bread products.
No fizzy juice, no ice cream, no oranges, no fish, no premade dinners from supermarkets simply because i dont like the taste.
I avoid diets as I never stick to things for long.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 5:09 pm

Wheat has loads of negative effects like heartburn and clouded mind on myself

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 7:48 pm

Addendum:

Whilst it might sound good to be able to lose weight easily, I need to be able to lift someone (after falling and off the ground, out of bed or whatnot), so I need strength. The body eats muscle after fat, so I have to watch out there. Hence, it's a bother to me.

My father was the same, so I guess it's genetic.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 10:54 pm

"There something wrong with everything"

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2022, 10:30 am

the diet is pescatarian of mostly japanese, vietnamese, thai, and burmese inspirations, though much of such recipes are vegan to reduce mercury consumption. due to condition triggers, wheat, soy, dairy, and egg have to be moderated for as much as can be lived with, which such recipes often allow easy substitutions or omissions, while still being enjoyable to all senses. fat has to be watched as well, as even half an avocado can be enough to experience distress anymore, which seems gallbladder related, and is the reason for largely avoiding land meats, or greasy preparation methods, with steamed seafood. since most things are homemade, d3, calcium, and a multivitamin are taken too, as it’s easy to forget much “junk” is fortified here.

for drinks, preferences during the day are water, seltzer, one caffeine-free soda, vegetable juice, or chamomile. a small glass of red wine, and a beer are had before bed to cut through enough of the insomnia to get some sleep, while seeming safer than sleep aids in living alone on the top floor, whether avoiding sleep paralysis during a fire or break in, or sleepwalking down the stairs to a broken neck. they used to be taken until having hallucinations during sleep paralysis worse than anything out of silent hill.

the mind had about food is that it’s like medicine when ideally balanced, poison when not. as such, there’s much trial and error of the things consumed in monitoring how it effects the reflexes, anxiety levels, levels/awareness of discord, sensory thresholds, clarity of mind, mood, along with restful sleep quality. it’s found that too much sugar, carbs, caffeine, or alcohol, is definitely no good for such.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2022, 7:22 am

I've started to buy protein drinks that I've been drinking in-between meals (liquid breakfast drink thingies), as they require little in the way of preparation (executive dysfunction...). Seems to be helping in keeping at 80, but isn't really adding anything. I guess that's alright. :|

(Yes, I eat many a chocolate bar for energy.)

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2022, 4:09 pm

I'm vegetarian. I avoid foods with lots of added sugar (especially sugary beverages).

But other than that, I'm open to lots of different foods.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 8:40 pm

age 12 to 35, sometimes, for a couple years at a time, restricted out entire food groups. there are plenty of foods i do not eat. and i was trying hard to lose weight. and failed (exception, age 29, lost about 15 pounds for about five years).

gave it up around 36.

better things to worry about, such as (slave labor)

nature versus nurture

trying to overpower "nature" with extreme dieting, in some situations, could succeed, but it takes a lot of time, cash, and energy. and even if you get there, you have to waste a lot of energy maintaining it.

sometimes, i feel like i deserve to eat what i want. especially since Covid, the counseling clinic has been closed since march 2020. before that, i went about once a week since 2008. now, nobody to talk to. counselors often talked down to me, or did not allow me to disagree, or WTF ever. autism, Gender Identity Disorder. off leash dogs. my precious lil "parents" never understood or accepted me, just begrudgingly and passive aggressively. i work at a job pushing shopping carts and lifting merchandise, and sooner or later i will be injured, sick, old, physically weak, or mentally slow, and won't be able to do it. i've been on the decline, rapidly, for a long time, and i am only 39. otherwise, zero occupational prospects. zero self actualization. zero precious lil "friends". @ my slave labor ("job"), four separate day laborers have had the nerve to call me "Chino" and "joto". the company treats day laborers like customers in that they are "always right". some customers had the nerve to swear at me. some customer had the nerve to touch me, aggressively or otherwise. but even if it's not aggressive, it's still not justified. i only earn minimum wage, and some customers act like they are justified in giving me a heart attack. reckless drivers often almost run over my worthless corpse. tripping on potholes and protruding nails. off leash dogs. slave plantation in the middle of a homeless encampment. it's so dangerous at my slave plantation, that the slave plantation hired loss prevention, numerous security guards, and two overtime cops. the cops are always working while the slave plantation is open, and there are at least two of them.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 2:00 am

Lukario wrote:
I mostly enjoy veggies and nuts because they're healthy and usually don't require much preparation. When it comes to my diet view I think eating healthy is very important so one probably can ensure a good future and I'm not a supporter of the YOLO attitude on this, there's food which tastes better but if you can manage to straighten up you've given yourself a good reward, sometimes hard work is worth it.

I love venison.Me and my dad kill and butcher the deer ourself.the meats I eat are rattlesnake chicken elk pork calamari shrimp fish.I catch a lot of our fish that we eat with my dad.I get a lot of nutrients from nutirtional drinks for malnourished people and I take vitamins on doctors orders.I love coffee tea and beer and wine but only in moderation however I am addicted to Dr.Pepper because I am a Dr.Pepperholic sadly.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:30 am

I eat most things and am not that picky as an adult. I do eat the same few things in rotation though, besides for what I eat during dinner, so my diet could be a lot more varied.