Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 4:30 pm

Without advising that I go for a dreaded colonoscopy, what could be the reason I can't poop? I don't mean I feel blocked up or anything - I mean I literally don't need to poop. There's nothing there, no urge to go, no pain, no discomfort, nothing. It's been like this for over two days. I've been eating well, like a mixture of healthy foods and not so health foods, and I've been drinking more water and squash. I even walked two miles to work today, hoping that might get my digestive tract moving. But still nothing. Where's it all going? In my arms? I don't want it to come to a colonoscopy because I have a social phobia of those, also I have anxiety of having loose stools, which will happen about 10 times during the preparation for a colonoscopy.

And no ''having a colonoscopy is better than dying of cancer'' cliches. I've watched my mum suffer and die of cancer, I know how scary it is, but I also got anxious when she had to have colonoscopies and drink all that laxative stuff that makes you empty buckets of water out of your anus. Yuk! It's not natural! I hate colonoscopies! Why can't there be another way that doesn't involve diarrhea or gas?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2022, 6:53 pm

No soap - Joe90?

(Sorry. I will be serious).

Sometimes happens. Not sure why.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2022, 7:11 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Without advising that I go for a dreaded colonoscopy, what could be the reason I can't poop? I don't mean I feel blocked up or anything - I mean I literally don't need to poop. There's nothing there, no urge to go, no pain, no discomfort, nothing. It's been like this for over two days. I've been eating well, like a mixture of healthy foods and not so health foods, and I've been drinking more water and squash. I even walked two miles to work today, hoping that might get my digestive tract moving. But still nothing. Where's it all going? In my arms? I don't want it to come to a colonoscopy because I have a social phobia of those, also I have anxiety of having loose stools, which will happen about 10 times during the preparation for a colonoscopy.

And no ''having a colonoscopy is better than dying of cancer'' cliches. I've watched my mum suffer and die of cancer, I know how scary it is, but I also got anxious when she had to have colonoscopies and drink all that laxative stuff that makes you empty buckets of water out of your anus. Yuk! It's not natural! I hate colonoscopies! Why can't there be another way that doesn't involve diarrhea or gas?

Best I can recommend is to see your doctor. It could be a simple as constipation. Or, it could be as serious as Crohn’s disease, or diverticulitis.

In my case, my primary care physician said Constipation, and put me on Metamucil, as well as a stool softener, namely, Colace. Of course, my diet isn’t exactly healthy, since a lot of fruits and vegetables I can’t stomach, because I can’t handle the taste and/or texture.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 5:47 pm

If they give me stuff to soften my stools, will it cause uncomfortable and uncontrollable gas? I hate having gas, and if I know something might give me gas I avoid it.

But like I said, there's no pain, discomfort or bloating at all. Just nothing. I feel as if I've already taken a huge dump, in other words I feel empty, like there's nothing there. But I eat a lot. Where's it all going? :scratch:

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 5:25 am

Do you eat much fruit?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 5:26 am

klanka wrote:
Do you eat much fruit?

Yes, a lot. And vegetables.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 6:15 am

try brown rice...it helps with all sorts

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 6:58 am

It's a mystery...is the problem still ongoing?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 6:59 am

Nothing makes me run to the toilet, except sugar free mints. But I steer clear from those because having the runs is actually worse than not going at all (only in my opinion).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 7:54 am

I really feel you should see a doctor, to be honest.

It’s not gynecological, which seems to be your greatest fear.

It doesn’t mean it’s anything serious.

It’s just good to make sure.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 11:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I really feel you should see a doctor, to be honest.

It’s not gynecological, which seems to be your greatest fear.

It doesn’t mean it’s anything serious.

It’s just good to make sure.

No because then they'll refer me to have a colonoscopy.

I'm not really worried, as it's not causing any pain or discomfort. I'm just mystified, that's all. It's like my body is breaking the laws of physics.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 7:47 pm

it is probably ibs
its very common especially if you have anxiety

i suffer with my bowels but iv had several colonoscopys and never detected cancer

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 7:48 pm

You know .... I want to ask if you've tried using butter?

(jokes)