Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 4:04 am

I just hope it isn't diabetes, as that really scares me. I don't have any of the other symptoms of diabetes and I eat sugar and stuff without any negative effects.

My bladder isn't as bad as it was when I started this thread, so I think it might have been a water infection.

I'm just so scared that one night I might actually pee in the bed and it will be such an embarrassing situation and also messy. I mean, I quite often have dreams where I'm desperate to pee and I'm out somewhere looking for a toilet and when I actually find a toilet I can't pee for various reasons like people are watching me or the toilet is broken or whatever, but in the dream I am actually sitting on a toilet trying my hardest to go. Then I wake up with a full bladder and finally do go to the toilet. The other morning I was actually trying to pee whilst I was only half asleep, but thankfully my brain actually stopped any from coming out and I woke up and went to the toilet.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2020, 12:30 am

Joe90 wrote:
I just hope it isn't diabetes, as that really scares me. I don't have any of the other symptoms of diabetes and I eat sugar and stuff without any negative effects.

My bladder isn't as bad as it was when I started this thread, so I think it might have been a water infection.

I'm just so scared that one night I might actually pee in the bed and it will be such an embarrassing situation and also messy. I mean, I quite often have dreams where I'm desperate to pee and I'm out somewhere looking for a toilet and when I actually find a toilet I can't pee for various reasons like people are watching me or the toilet is broken or whatever, but in the dream I am actually sitting on a toilet trying my hardest to go. Then I wake up with a full bladder and finally do go to the toilet. The other morning I was actually trying to pee whilst I was only half asleep, but thankfully my brain actually stopped any from coming out and I woke up and went to the toilet.

I got lots of dreams where I need to pee in my dream and am looking for a toilet but I never piss my bed though despite having the same urgency to pee at night issues as you got. My dreams are really vivid too yet I don't pee thankfully.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 7:26 am

I've just been diagnosed with an overactive bladder possibly due to nerve irritation. This was after I had been checked twice for infection and it came back clear. There was no glucose in my pee and my doctor did an internal pelvic exam to rule out about three or four other things. I've also been referred to a urologist and I'm going for an ultrasound scan as well.

This was after about four weeks of me needing to pee constantly. When I say constantly I mean that even while I'm peeing I still need to pee. So zero relief at all.

Doctor gave me amitriptyline to take one a night and it has taken the edge off but it hasn't cleared it completely.

I know this thread is a bit old but I hope you're doing OK Joe. It's really not good to be up all night with this.

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 May 2022, 3:00 pm

Have a flexible cystoscopy procedure in a few weeks.

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2022, 11:13 am

let's hope everything will be well

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2022, 9:45 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm not sleeping well at night, because I keep getting up every hour to pee. My sleep gets disturbed by the urge to pee and I have to keep getting up to relieve my bladder.

This happens the same whether I have caffeine or not (I've had caffeine in the evening before and not needed to get up to pee at all in the night). I don't drink alcohol ever, and I'm not a tea or coffee drinker.

I try not to drink any liquids before I go to bed, but I have to drink a little bit of water to swallow my pills down with (I can't take pills with food, it has to be drink).

I tried looking on Google about how to pee less during the night, but it just said what I've already answered. I was just wondering if anyone here knew of any home remedies that could perhaps dry up the urine in my body or something, so that I can just get a good night's sleep for a change.

I must wake up to pee about 10 times a night and I must pee about 15 times a day. I'm getting sick of it, but I'm not going to bother to see a doctor because they're only interested in you if you have COVID. :roll:

Have you been tested for diabetes? Frequent need to pee is a very obvious sign. Make an appointment with your GP for a glucose tolerance test.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 2:42 pm

I don't want diabetes. Life's boring when you get that s**t. Worse than autism.

I think it's because I drink a lot of caffeine. That can make your bladder overactive.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2022, 3:50 pm

I had this for 20 years. Then a prophet told me it's because I need to drink water with some salt in it, just so it tastes nice, not anything bad to taste.

Also going to the gym helps because muscles store water.

It's all to do with hydration. If you drink only plain water it dilutes the salt that is in your body...the salt is what keeps water in your body (osmosis). So the average person is avoiding salt due to scaremongering...and only drinking plain water.

So then they can't hold on to water in their body. This makes them thirsty so they drink, but due to the lack of salt the water goes straight to the bladder, as the body can't hold on to it. So as soon as you pee you need to drink. Then as soon as you drink you need to pee.

50 years or more ago there was no scaremongering about salt, and people probably did more physical activity which gave them muscles that store water for hydration.

The only reason I know about this is because a Christian lady prayed and got that as the message from God.

Just after I wrote this post I looked at my email, there was an email from a Christian dating app called SALT lolo

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 1:41 pm

Basement wrote:

Vaya con dios. Just had one in April, my second.

It's not so bad, though it stays with you for a few days if you know what I mean.

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jun 2022, 1:11 pm

BlossX wrote:
let's hope everything will be well

Thank you.

rse92 wrote:
Basement wrote:

Vaya con dios. Just had one in April, my second.

It's not so bad, though it stays with you for a few days if you know what I mean.

It hurt to pee afterwards, but only into the evening. Was fine the next day. At this stage, they've checked the bladder, prostate, kidneys...so we're running out of options. Three medications did nothing, nor did stopping fluids after 8pm and 6pm. Nocturia is my issue, night time toilet visits, which plays havoc with my sleep.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 2:22 am

klanka wrote:
I had this for 20 years. Then a prophet told me it's because I need to drink water with some salt in it, just so it tastes nice, not anything bad to taste.

Also going to the gym helps because muscles store water.

It's all to do with hydration. If you drink only plain water it dilutes the salt that is in your body...the salt is what keeps water in your body (osmosis). So the average person is avoiding salt due to scaremongering...and only drinking plain water.

So then they can't hold on to water in their body. This makes them thirsty so they drink, but due to the lack of salt the water goes straight to the bladder, as the body can't hold on to it. So as soon as you pee you need to drink. Then as soon as you drink you need to pee.

50 years or more ago there was no scaremongering about salt, and people probably did more physical activity which gave them muscles that store water for hydration.

The only reason I know about this is because a Christian lady prayed and got that as the message from God.

Just after I wrote this post I looked at my email, there was an email from a Christian dating app called SALT lolo

I'll give the salt thing a go but I think I'll give the Christian thing a miss.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 12:51 pm

ok :) hopefully it works.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 10:14 am

You should talk to your doctor. I have type 2 diabetes and I'm up three times a night to use the bathroom.

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2022, 5:54 pm

Case closed as far as the medical system is concerned, my bladder isn't overactive. Waste of time. "Drink earlier in the day", "you're not on medication". :roll:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 11:08 pm

I don't think it's my bladder, I think it's my mind. I have a phobia of becoming incontinent, so whenever I lie down in bed I can't stop myself from focusing on my bladder no matter how much I try to distract my mind on to other things like music or audiobooks. So I get up and do as much pee as I can about 10+ times before finally deciding to go off to sleep. I just cannot bear to fall asleep knowing there's pee in my bladder. I have such vivid dreams, that I'm scared I might actually pee, even though I often dream about toilets but never actually pee for real.