I can't seem to lose any more weight

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2022, 3:27 pm

I lost 7 pounds eating 1250-1300 calories per day. I'm 18. I am trying to lose a few more pounds, but I am not gaining nor losing weight. My weight fluctuates like crazy. One day the scale shows my "real" weight, and the next day it appears I gained 1-2 lbs. My weight fluctuates between 1 to 2 lbs more than my actual weight and I appear to be bloated all the time. Yet I have noticed that I'm losing inches off my waist, and the scale doesn't seem to show that. My current caloric deficit makes tired and I don't have energy. How do I lose weight effectively?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 4:46 pm

Artificial sweetners such as aspartemine can cause ones body to absorb water as a reaction to them being taken. My Mum went for 7 weeks without eating and only drinking diet lemonade and actually put on weight due to this. These days she can't touch artificial sweetners and I have to keep off them as well. The bodys natural reaction to store water weight is a well known allergic reaction to sweetners as most artificial sweetners are a mildly toxic. It is the bodies way to try to rid its cells from the toxins it has absorbed.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 4:50 pm

I've never counted calories.

The fastest way I lose weight is by cutting all drinks except water.
No tea, coffee, juice, soda, alcohol, or anything, for a month or two.
I don't drink a lot of those but somehow without them I lose a ton of weight.

The other thing that works for me is Keto, but it's harder to do.

skrish234
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2022, 4:54 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Artificial sweetners such as aspartemine can cause ones body to absorb water as a reaction to them being taken. My Mum went for 7 weeks without eating and only drinking diet lemonade and actually put on weight due to this. These days she can't touch artificial sweetners and I have to keep off them as well. The bodys natural reaction to store water weight is a well known allergic reaction to sweetners as most artificial sweetners are a mildly toxic. It is the bodies way to try to rid its cells from the toxins it has absorbed.

I don't consume soda that often or empty calorie drinks that much

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 5:02 pm

The other thing is mild exercise such as cycling.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 1:07 pm

Cheap digital scales can be imprecise. I too have a daily fluctuation of 1-3lbs.