So my family wants me to stop drinking diet pop...

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

Corn Syrup is merely Glucose the same stuff in sugar.

Now High Fructose Corn Syrup is the real culprit; they chemically enhance glucose in the corn syrup to become fructose (in order to have a sweeter syrup). It is bad for you because it does not signal your body's insulin axis well enough to tell you that you are eating enough. Specifically it cannot enter via the same GLUT transporter in your muscles cells used for glucose.

As for aspartame and cancer; it has just as likely a chance to give you cancer as most other minute things in your environment. It is not a significant chance at all.

As for anyone interested why the paralysis. Yeah, Shingles (relapse chicken pox virus) targets the skin around nerves, and can end up pinching those nerves when things swell. So it leads to a paralysis till the swelling doesn't push on the nerve anymore. He happened to be unlucky it the skin around his face nerves got pinched in the swelling.

Sirmadness
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2023, 9:06 pm

So, uh. Did anyone even bother reading why I drink the stuff?

Feels like everyone just smashed that “Reply” button at the word ‘diet.’

And the whole point of the post was to examine the ‘why,’ not the ‘what. No offense.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 9:45 pm

Most of those posters are no longer active.

Everyone has family members who pester them about what they believe are unhealthy habits.\
Maintain appropriate boundaries. I've heard your concerns, I don't share them, please stop bringing this up.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sirmadness
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2023, 10:22 pm

早く答えてくれてありがとう。それはそうですが、不平を言うのは役に立たない