Following a sports team is pointless really

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 5:02 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Market pressures are relevant for pro sports, but not for funding for amateur teams.

Amateur women's sport in Australia (football, cricket and netball) are poorly attended. I suspect most of the crowd are the family of the players. As I said many of the female sportswomen get into brand deals where they objectify themselves to sell underwear or sports bras. In Australia the top female racing car driver and boxer both became onlyfans models to make ends meet.

Surprisingly no American women came out to support Britney Greiner when she was thrown into a Russian prison. Seriously the only reason she played in the Russian league during off-season was because of money issues and she's a top 3-4 basketball player.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 10:34 am

if you can get past the absurdity of being disinhibited in an environment such as a sports stadium whilst spectating a game, watching football (or some such) can actually be fun.

Personally, I haven't gotten excited really about football or any other sports since being a teenager. My depressed brain made it difficult to enjoy that kind of thing during adolescence and beyond.

The video below shows the type of atmosphere one can witness whilst watching a football (soccer) game. You can see why the atmosphere is kind of infectious:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Nov 2023, 1:23 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
It’s sort of fun to watch post Super Bowl interviews. Hearing buffoons incoherently thanking God is always entertaining.

Why should they thank God anyway? If he exists, I doubt he GAF about football. His time could be better employed elsewhere than watching and overseeing the overt display of muscle, brawn, and mind-numbing idiocy. He could be curing cancer, preventing car accidents, or slaying war criminals. That sort of thing.
There was an ep of Family Guy where the guys went on a quest to meet god so they could ask him to stop interfering with football or sports games in general :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition