Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jul 2009, 8:43 pm

Does anyone here skate? I love skating and I'm getting back into it after not doing much of it for the past 6yrs. As you can tell from my previous post Surfing, and Slacklining I love extreme sports that require balance/dedication. Snowboarding my other fav.

Divest
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2009, 9:57 pm

I skate as well and have done it for going on 20 years. I enjoy the solitude of being able to go out and push around and loose all the stress and anxiety of daily life, plus its rad when a trick that you've been working on comes together its almost magical. I like to snowboard as well but dislike that I have to be around people to do it sometimes, the holidays in the mountains are a nightmare.

Who is you favorite skateboarder?

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2009, 9:29 am

Whats up dude. Tom Penny and Tony Hawk is prob my all time favorites. I also like Chris Cole, Andrew Reynolds, Geoff Rowley, Mike V, Rune Glifberg, and P Rod, all of them have sick style. Ya dude I know how you feel with snowboarding I have gone a couple of times with my family to Winter Park, Colorado. Its so crowded around the holidays. I say to myself if I was a local there is no way I would come during peak times. Snowboarding is a lot of fun I love steep powder runs its such a good feeling. Where are you from and what mountain to you ride? What about you who are your favorite skaters?

Divest
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2009, 10:24 pm

I live in Boulder CO but I am originally from Minnesota, I usually ride Breckenridge or Keystone, The weekdays are so killer especially on powder days when you can just lap all day with little or no lift lines after 4 hours or so your body is just done. My favorite skaters tend to vary Reynolds is always way good if I go old school I really like Natas Kaups and Jason Jesse... Guy Mariano and Marc Johnson are super good too... I guess there are too many to name really.. I hope to get into some backcountry riding out here since it is so accessible but I need friends to do that with in order to be safe and I'm still working on that...

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jul 2009, 1:53 pm

Damn dude you are going way back with some of those skaters. Remember Skate TV hahahaha I think it was on Nickelodeon. Ya back country riding would be crazy some deep pow, you def need to go with someone though bc of avalanches. I live in fl now I like it but as soon as I pay off all my loans, I want to move out west for something new. I would prefer snow and surf so I've been thinking about Northern Cali, Oregon, and Washington . Have you ever been ridding way out west?

strapshoechris
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2009, 10:08 am

Skater dudes...
A while back Payless shoes gave me a free Andy MacDonald "Trick Tips" video (NTSC VHS) when I bought a pair of Airwalk sneakers there. If anybody here can use it, I'll let it go for the price of postage. Here's a clip of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7hf1qmTBPk

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2009, 5:10 pm

bdubs wrote:
Damn dude you are going way back with some of those skaters. Remember Skate TV hahahaha I think it was on Nickelodeon. Ya back country riding would be crazy some deep pow, you def need to go with someone though bc of avalanches. I live in fl now I like it but as soon as I pay off all my loans, I want to move out west for something new. I would prefer snow and surf so I've been thinking about Northern Cali, Oregon, and Washington . Have you ever been ridding way out west?

I'm originally from Northern CA (on the East Coast now), but from my observation surfing is not prevalent in Northern CA, OR and WA compared to Southern CA partly because the water is colder. There are a few brave surfers in the San Francisco area, especially Stinson Beach, but it's also a shark hangout... at any rate, the ability to drive up to Lake Tahoe for snowboarding is nice, though. 8)

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2009, 8:45 am

Stinkypuppy wrote:
bdubs wrote:

I'm originally from Northern CA (on the East Coast now), but from my observation surfing is not prevalent in Northern CA, OR and WA compared to Southern CA partly because the water is colder. There are a few brave surfers in the San Francisco area, especially Stinson Beach, but it's also a shark hangout... at any rate, the ability to drive up to Lake Tahoe for snowboarding is nice, though. 8)

I know 50 degrees is cold, you would need a 4/3 wetsuit, hood, and booties. The coldest I have ever been in is 63 and that was really cold. The cold water and sharks weed out alot of people but not me hahah. Southern California would be nice but it is expensive there plus I heard it is real dry. I am leaning more toward OR or WA. The only negative I see is the lack of sunshine.

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jul 2009, 10:37 am

my skateboard is breaking, so i am getting a new on this weekend just the board i will put the trucks nad wheels on the new board i also one to get a lognboard for my b-day nad get into that some sick slides a do able and i wanna be parto f long boarding, on my deck i can ollie about as high as a curb,i can vertical 180 mvoing nad stationary, mauuel, boardslide, powerslide, 50/50 slide and 5/0 slide i am so damn close to kick flips, variel kick flips i can almost casper flip i ma working on heel flips, variel heelflips, shove its and 360 ollies i am saving my almost dead deck for my friend who can't ollie yet and has trucks nad whells so once he saved up 50 dollers ( 5 weeks 10 dollers a week) of allowience he can buy blake deck for 50 dollers( A shop in ottawa called top of the world had blank decks with nothing on them without the trucks in wheels in will be 50 dollers with tax) he wil buy a new one but it should last 5 weeks of him riding cuz he does not know nay trciks exept the peguin walk which is not a pop trick so the tail damage won't get worse evtully he will wanna learn how to ollie so he will have to wait 5 weeks to learn nay more tricks and just usem y almsot dead deck to skate around nad peguin walk cuz he he tries ot learn ollie he will brake the board.

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jul 2009, 1:51 pm

Tell him to buy online try ebay, active mailorder, or ccs. I'm sure you can find a blank deck for 20 bucks.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 2:09 am

Oh yes, what are the best skateboarding shoes you wouiild recommend?

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jul 2009, 8:49 am

I dunno man there are a lot of good shoes you can usually find a good pair for under 50 bucks.. I have always been loyal to Etnies they are real comfortable and can take a beating. Emericas are also good.

strapshoechris
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jul 2009, 9:02 am

I prefer smooth leather sneakers over suede. Of course my all time favourites are the canvas Converse "Chuck" styles, which a number of dudes I know still skate in (my two cents from a non-skater, even though I use similar shoes for BMX.)

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 9:46 pm

bdubs wrote:
I dunno man there are a lot of good shoes you can usually find a good pair for under 50 bucks.. I have always been loyal to Etnies they are real comfortable and can take a beating. Emericas are also good.

Etnies! Hmm, will try on them first...

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jul 2009, 12:06 pm

Are there a lot of good spots to skate in Singapor. Do you have any skate parks?

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2009, 3:31 pm

bdubs wrote:
Tell him to buy online try ebay, active mailorder, or ccs. I'm sure you can find a blank deck for 20 bucks.

yeha that is sick man but is it a blank pro deck without the trucks and wheels cuz if it is a crappy pre- assembled wal- mart , k -mart or toys r us deck that would suck.