Do you have flat feet?
yes 52%  52%  [ 23 ]
no 48%  48%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 44

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 8:30 pm

I'm just wondering. Because I have very flat feet and when I was younger I had to have soles in my shoes for it.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 10:45 pm

I don't have flat feet but my brother did as a kid. He was given an exercise to do, walking with his toes curled under, and my mother made him do it religiously. He no longer has flat feet. I think he is an aspie too but he has not been diagnosed.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2009, 1:42 am

I had flat feet, so I voted yes :)

If you're looking for a correlation, maybe you should say "Did you have flat feeet when you were a kid?" Just a suggestion :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 5:19 am

I have "Morton's Toe" where the second toe is longer than the big toe. It messes up the metatarsal arch and throws off the body's alignment and leads to chronic back pain. I don't have flat feet but my toes splay out because of this toe thing. I have prehensile toes. Sometimes I pick clothes up off the floor with my feet. The back pain has been a life long problem though.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 12:24 pm

have got them flat and wide,have to wear gender specific [eg,mens] footwear.
was given special insoles at trafford general for it years ago,it was like walking around with a big stone where the arch should be,horrible,tried them once-then threw them out the shoe and refused peoples attempts to put them back in.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Zasha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2009, 5:18 pm

I have flat feet, so I run a bit strangely. I can still keep up though. Don't/won't wear corrective footwear.

I also wear men's footwear (I'm female), but more because my feet are wide, and they tend to be sturdier shoes.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 3:48 am

Nope~
I always go barefoot or wear sandals.
I had to do a report on footwear one time, and I came across a lot of material that said that a major cause of flat feet is people wearing shoes too often when they're young kids, and that the cure for flat feet is going barefoot more often because it exercises the foot muscles.

khelben1979
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2009, 12:10 pm

Not what I'm aware of. :)

strapshoechris
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jul 2009, 9:22 am

I have flat feet and regarding the Morton toe thing (never knew what it was called, thank you), I noticed my second toes are the same length as my big ones on both feet. I've seen some however, who look like their second toes are a good half inch longer. I never had back problems from it, though, but sometimes the back of my legs hurt after coming home from work. Also I hated being barefoot when I was a kid and my parents often found me in bed with sneakers or sandals on. BTW, they did not like me running around in stocking feet because the house I grew up in had hardwood floors and one of my older siblings took a bad spill from a "sock slip" and cracked his head open with a mild concussion on a piece of furniture, requiring stitches. After that if we had socks on, we had to have shoes on as well.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 2:06 pm

Aimless wrote:
I have prehensile toes. Sometimes I pick clothes up off the floor with my feet.

ha, I just realised today that this is not entirely normal. few people at my work were pointing out how weird it is that I can get such a good grip of things with my feet (yes we are that bored in there :P). those monkey feet run in my family though so I never realised there was something unusual about it. must be the "lazy" genes that led to this foot-grip improvement ;D

I might try to learn some tricks with them now, that would make my begging much more effective if I ever ended up on the street :chin:

:lol:

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 2:19 pm

Yes, it look ages to figure it out though because they didn't look flat when I lifted them (like to have feet measured). I eventually got sick of the pain and found out from my podiatrist. I paid big bucks for orthotics for in my shoes, you get used to them.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2009, 10:55 am

No, but I apparently had to wear those orthotic shoe insert things when I was really young, though I don't remember it at all. Are those for flat feet? My mom never told me what they were for, just that I needed them at one point. I don't know that they actually worked though, since one of my feet is arched slightly more than the other.

My second toes are also longer than my big toes. I never thought it was a problem though. I always thought that it was a normal variation, like being right- or left-handed. :/

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 11:29 pm

have heard that flat feet are caused by shoes that are overly supportive, and that a solution would be to wear huaraches everywhere. I don't have flat feet, but I'm going to start wearing huaraches anyway, since it makes for an optimal human.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 8:46 pm

Aimless wrote:
I have "Morton's Toe" where the second toe is longer than the big toe. It messes up the metatarsal arch and throws off the body's alignment and leads to chronic back pain. I don't have flat feet but my toes splay out because of this toe thing. I have prehensile toes. Sometimes I pick clothes up off the floor with my feet. The back pain has been a life long problem though.

I thought that was just called Greek feet.

I have "Egyptian" feet, I have wide metatarsals, big toes is the longest and very tapered toes. Also wide metatarsals but most of the rest of my foot isn't wide.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 2:27 pm

Aimless wrote:
I don't have flat feet but my toes splay out because of this toe thing. I have prehensile toes. Sometimes I pick clothes up off the floor with my feet.

That's a very good exercise for your arches, actually. I have to do that of because I get plantar fasciitis that make my arches hurt. That's one of the exercise I do to help that.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 8:27 am

I don't really know what "flat" feet means. I don't think I have them, but my right foot does turn inward. I don't mean the toes facing inward rather than outward, but the foot. Hard to explain. I wear soles for this,t oo (only got them three weeks ago).